PDA

View Full Version : Does Gardner Signing Signal Adding Some Trickery To Offense?

polamalubeast
05-20-2015, 01:22 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/05/does-gardner-signing-signal-adding-some-trickery-to-offense/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

polamalubeast
05-20-2015, 01:30 PM
The Trickery play are a waste of time with the talent that the steelers have to the offense

If it doesnt work, it'll make a drive killer.I prefer to do a punt because of Roethlisberger or Bell that because of a stupid gadget play by Haley.

TeeTee
05-20-2015, 02:23 PM
The Trickery play are a waste of time with the talent that the steelers have to the offense

If it doesnt work, it'll make a drive killer.I prefer to do a punt because of Roethlisberger or Bell that because of a stupid gadget play by Haley.

You took the words out of my mouth (or fingers). Knock off the gadget plays. They are mostly a complete waste of time. Stop trying to prove how smart you are and just keep the ball in Ben's and Bell's hands. We don't need stupid trick plays. Stop it.

hawaiiansteeler
05-20-2015, 02:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGwSb2aMqwc

ALLD
05-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Gardener to Archer, what a combo.

polamalubeast
05-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Gardener to Archer, what a combo.

A classic drive killer!

st33lersguy
05-20-2015, 03:48 PM
I doubt he gets many reps if any. Seems like little more than practice squad fodder

steelreserve
05-20-2015, 04:10 PM
My thoughts are this:

1. He cannot possibly be worse than Landry Jones. If we bring in any player at all to replace Jones, I will be happy.
1a. Unless it's Willie Parker.

2. If he can play special teams about as well as Heyward-Bey, he could be worth keeping because of the other things he can do, like maybe catch the football when it is thrown to him.

3. He came from the Patriots. He had better be on our Week 1 roster, or else on IR. If we cut him in training camp, I will bet you a thousand dollars he's back with the Patriots the next day, copy of our playbook in hand. It's not like they've stopped cheating.

86WARD
05-20-2015, 04:35 PM
So if he replaces DHB and Jones, they're ahead of the game...now if only he can be Denard Robinson Part 2 and replace Archer...good stuff!

steelreserve
05-20-2015, 04:55 PM
Yeah, Archer is guaranteed a roster spot for the same reason Cam Thomas is guaranteed a roster spot: Someone has too much pride on the line to admit they fucked up. Not sure exactly who that is with Thomas, but with Archer it's pretty clear. Jones, on the other hand, I think it's pretty obvious to everyone. DHB at least brings something to the table with special teams play, but I'd rather have someone who can do more than just that.

Lady Steel
05-20-2015, 10:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGwSb2aMqwc

Oh man, I was screaming my lungs out after that play! :lol:

86WARD
05-21-2015, 01:46 AM
Bens block on that play...

Lady Steel
05-21-2015, 10:03 AM
Bens block on that play...

http://www.retrojunkie.com/gif/3-smiley-giggle.gif

TeeTee
05-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Yeah, Archer is guaranteed a roster spot for the same reason Cam Thomas is guaranteed a roster spot: Someone has too much pride on the line to admit they fucked up. Not sure exactly who that is with Thomas, but with Archer it's pretty clear. Jones, on the other hand, I think it's pretty obvious to everyone. DHB at least brings something to the table with special teams play, but I'd rather have someone who can do more than just that.

I always hope that ST players have HOPE in developing into something more. DHB has already reached his ceiling. I just wish we'd have all dudes who have a chance at developing; they won't all do it, but just having the chance of it is better than a guys with known limitations.

steelreserve
05-21-2015, 05:05 PM
I always hope that ST players have HOPE in developing into something more. DHB has already reached his ceiling. I just wish we'd have all dudes who have a chance at developing; they won't all do it, but just having the chance of it is better than a guys with known limitations.

Agree 100%. If there's a choice between a veteran who we know is mediocre and can barely justify a roster spot, or a rookie who plays at the same level, I'll take the rookie every time. Only thing with DHB is he has some value on special teams, so a rookie would probably at least have to be able to do that. But if he bumps off Landry Jones instead, all the better. Now that is some REAL dead weight.