PDA

View Full Version : Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell: 'Marijuana not an important thing for me'

stillers4me
05-14-2015, 05:57 PM
In his first interview since his three-game suspension was handed down last month after being charged with marijuana possession and DUI, Pittsburgh Steelers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers) running back Le'Veon Bell (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15825/leveon-bell) told ESPN's Josina Anderson on Thursday that he had no problems with the length of his league punishment, and that he planned on taking whatever other penalties were ultimately handed to him.

"I made a mistake," Bell said. "I'm going to just have to do my time, whatever the final decision may be............

read more @ http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12888113/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-ban-do-my

Butch
05-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Wow shady brady is going to get his sentence reduced and Bell isn't even going to give it a fighting chance. I can't believe Bell is not going to at least try to fight it. It may not make any difference but come on man don't go down without a fight you are playing straight into go to hell's hand.:doh:

Born2Steel
05-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Nah, I think he's doing the right thing here. He could fight it and maybe get a game back, maybe. Very doubtful. He's showing remorse and taking responsibility. That will serve him better at this point in his career.

Bluecoat96
05-14-2015, 07:17 PM
Nah, I think he's doing the right thing here. He could fight it and maybe get a game back, maybe. Very doubtful. He's showing remorse and taking responsibility. That will serve him better at this point in his career.
I think that he did appeal, but it's good to hear him accepting responsibility for his actions. Maybe this incident with the police helped to scare him straight. Time will tell.

86WARD
05-14-2015, 07:51 PM

This.

ALLD
05-14-2015, 08:42 PM
He owns it. Sounds like he matured a bit since his smoke buddy got cut. I bet he thinks about what a good season might have been all the time.

salamander
05-14-2015, 09:48 PM
He made a mistake and owned up to it. I can respect that.

Lady Steel
05-14-2015, 11:40 PM
"Football is what I love. I love the game of football and nothing will come to jeopardize that."

Okay, Le'Veon, I'm going to take your word on that. Please don't let us down.

Mexican Yinzer
05-15-2015, 06:56 AM

I agree, remember he actually was arrested. This is the mature way to deal with the suspension. Not everyone is like Brady.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

SteelerFanInStl
05-15-2015, 07:06 AM
He did appeal the suspension. Why we're still waiting on the result of that appeal, I have no idea.

zulater
05-15-2015, 10:15 AM
If you read the article he hasn't abandoned the appeal, he's just saying that once the matter is officially decided he accepts the result regardless of outcome.

The league should in fact reduce the suspension because LeVeon has accepted responsibility and has shown contrition and remorse. That would be a good guideline for the league to follow when processing appeals. When the player complies with every follow up aspect that's been set down, owns the mistake, and truly is remorseful the league in turn should offer some reward. If belligerence, denial, and remorselessness (i.e. the Patriots and Brady) is dealt with the same as genuine contrition in processing appeals, you'll see less and less acceptance of responsibility from players when dealing with administered league punishment.

One last thing. In reading the story it's pretty apparent that mo matter how far along the Steelers would have advanced in the playoffs last season Bell wouldn't have been able to play. That knee was hurt a lot more than the Steelers ever wanted to acknowledge. Who knows, maybe the extra few games off will actually work to LeVeon's benefit after all? :noidea: It wouldn't really shock me if he's not 100 percent until late September anyway.

86WARD
05-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Bell has been the TOTAL OPPOSITE of what Tom Brady has been...

zulater
05-15-2015, 11:51 AM
Bell has been the TOTAL OPPOSITE of what Tom Brady has been...

True. Whatever the opposite of douche bag is, that's LeVeon. :lol:

TD's & Beer
05-15-2015, 01:37 PM
Reduce Bell's suspension to 0 games for being honest and jack up Brady's to 8 games for being a dirty cheater!

ha ha

I want to see more Pats fans heads asploding!

Steelerschik
05-15-2015, 02:18 PM

LOL, yep. Bell is 10x the man Brady will ever be.

86WARD
05-15-2015, 04:21 PM

Lol. Uncooperative douche bag.

hawaiiansteeler
05-16-2015, 05:35 PM
He made a mistake and owned up to it. I can respect that.

me too.

and I believe Bell will be rewarded for it by having his suspension reduced to only two games...

Texasteel
05-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Bell didn't do anything that I haven't done myself. It would be a little hypocritical for me to bad mouth the young man. He will serve out his punishment, and hopefully learn from it.

Lady Steel
05-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Bell didn't do anything that I haven't done myself. It would be a little hypocritical for me to bad mouth the young man. He will serve out his punishment, and hopefully learn from it.

You pothead, you! :lol:

Here's what I'm thinkin'... Unless it is for medicinal purposes, if marijuana is an "important thing" for anyone, then they have themselves a problem.

86WARD
05-17-2015, 07:12 AM
me too.

and I believe Bell will be rewarded for it by having his suspension reduced to only two games...

Reduced...what are you smoking?

tube517
05-17-2015, 08:09 AM
You pothead, you! :lol:

Here's what I'm thinkin'... Unless it is for medicinal purposes, if marijuana is an "important thing" for anyone, then they have themselves a problem.

Problem? Do these guys look like they have a problem? :chuckle:

http://www.manhattanmoviemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/upinsmoke.jpg

hawaiiansteeler
05-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Reduced...what are you smoking?

http://assets.hightimes.com/21_me_joint_2.jpg

86WARD
05-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Lol...that's what I was thinking...