PDA

View Full Version : How many of Steelers draft class will be impact rookies this season?

hawaiiansteeler
05-13-2015, 07:29 PM
How many members of the Pittsburgh Steelers draft class will be impact rookies this season?

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/374/604/6_3604374.jpg

NFL.com college football writer Bryan Fischer lists four of them among his top 100 impact rookies, although perhaps they aren't in the order you might think.

The first Steelers player on the list is first-round draft pick OLB Bud Dupree, who Fischer ranks at No. 24.

"Given recent departures, Dupree will have no choice but to play a big role for the Steelers' defense," Fischer writes.

Next up is fifth-round draft pick TE end Jesse James at No. 39.

"James is going to make his biggest impact as a post-up option in the end zone, and he should see a fair share of opportunities playing behind Heath Miller," Fischer writes.

The third player on the list is sixth-round pick OLB Anthony Chickillo, who Fischer ranks at No. 89 overall.

"He won't be on the field for every snap, but he can come in and solidify a spot by holding down an edge for the team's new-look defense," Fischer writes.

Finally, Fischer ranks second-round pick CB Senquez Golson at No. 92 overall.

"He'll be asked to help the re-tooling of the Steelers' secondary from the start, but he might get picked on by opposing quarterbacks," Fischer writes.

The order is interesting, in particular listing Chickillo over Golson as some feel Chickillo could be in a battle to land a spot on the final roster.

Quarterback Jameis Winston of Tampa Bay is the No. 1 player on the list.

click on link below to see the whole list:

http://pit.247sports.com/Headline/Four-Pittsburgh-Steelers-players-make-list-of-top-rookies--37262726

Steeldude
05-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Chickillo will probably be placed on the PS.

I think it's between Depree and Golson for biggest impact, if there is an impact at all.

86WARD
05-13-2015, 09:44 PM
Sammie Coates. He'll turn it on during the second half of the season....won't be rookie of the year numbers, but will be solid. The others won't contribute much and that's why Coates will be more of an impact?

vrabinec
05-14-2015, 12:25 PM
If Dupree and Golson ain't contributing as rookies, we're in deep shit.

steelreserve
05-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Hopefully one of the CBs.

After that, rooting for Dupree, but if Jones starts producing this year instead, just as good.

I don't see any of the others getting on the field much, unless someone in front of them gets hurt.

Mexican Yinzer
05-14-2015, 03:46 PM
I think Dupree & Golson will make the most impact. I really hope this 2 make the most of whats expected, because we really need a good defense. Jesse James doesn't go into the category of impact as I see it he was drafted to replace Heath in the long run (or short, I don't really know how much juice he has left.)