PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Staff

Mojouw
05-09-2015, 11:49 AM
It is typically super fashionable to rail against the Steelers coaching staff around these parts. It usually only takes two losses for the calls for Tomlin's head to start. Haley is usually burned in effigy sometime around the 3rd bubble screen. Butler will be keelhauled right after he plays his first fourth quarter in off zone coverages.

But look at the roster. There are a TON of players in need of "coaching up". Couple that with the amount of UDFAsa and try-out players that have a real chance of making the roster, and this staff has its work cut out for it. Thought it might be interesting to generate a list of what outcomes in player development would reflect well on the staff (varying degrees of realism contained below).

1. Bryant continues his touchdown pace from the second half of last season.
2. Jarvis Jones does almost anything that looks like a playmaking linebacker.
3. McCullers takes over as the primary NT by week 9
4. Coates looks better than Limas Sweed and a bit less than Bryant during his rookie year.
5. Archer emerges as the primary kick returner and carves out a Darren Sproles type role on offense.
6. Jesse James makes more than the practice squad.
7. Golson starts.
8. Dupree has an Irvin or Aldon Smith type impact as a situational pass rusher as a rookie.
9. Cortez Allen experiences a resurrection.
10. Cody Wallace and Guy Whimper are no longer the only back-up lineman.
11. Shamarko Thomas starts and plays well. Basically this is the no Will Allen one.
12. Defense generates sacks and turnovers.

tube517
05-09-2015, 12:08 PM

Whimper is a free agent. But, we did sign a Whimpey!

polamalubeast
05-09-2015, 12:50 PM
It is typically super fashionable to rail against the Steelers coaching staff around these parts. It usually only takes two losses for the calls for Tomlin's head to start. Haley is usually burned in effigy sometime around the 3rd bubble screen. Butler will be keelhauled right after he plays his first fourth quarter in off zone coverages.

But look at the roster. There are a TON of players in need of "coaching up". Couple that with the amount of UDFAsa and try-out players that have a real chance of making the roster, and this staff has its work cut out for it. Thought it might be interesting to generate a list of what outcomes in player development would reflect well on the staff (varying degrees of realism contained below).

4. Coates looks better than Limas Sweed and a bit less than Bryant during his rookie year.
5. Archer emerges as the primary kick returner and carves out a Darren Sproles type role on offense.
7. Golson starts.
8. Dupree has an Irvin or Aldon Smith type impact as a situational pass rusher as a rookie.
11. Shamarko Thomas starts and plays well. Basically this is the no Will Allen one.

If all his scenarios happens, the Steelers will finish 15-1

fansince'76
05-09-2015, 12:52 PM

That's why I uploaded this new smiley...

:mob:

:chuckle:

tube517
05-09-2015, 01:04 PM

Might as well sticky that one in every post. :chuckle:

polamalubeast
05-09-2015, 01:09 PM

If the defense has a bad game in Week 1 against the backup of Brady, Butler will going to have a very long week between week 1 and 2!

hawaiiansteeler
05-09-2015, 02:37 PM
If the defense has a bad game in Week 1 against the backup of Brady, Butler will going to have a very long week between week 1 and 2!

FIRE Butler! :mob:

just practicing...

ALLD
05-09-2015, 02:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGEENWVlu0c

tube517
05-09-2015, 03:13 PM
FIRE Butler! :mob:

just practicing...

I predict the 1st series of the HOF game and this post will be revisited.

fansince'76
05-09-2015, 03:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGEENWVlu0c

Perfect! :lol:

Lady Steel
05-09-2015, 06:53 PM

7. Golson starts.

13. Get rid of Laundry Jones.

hawaiiansteeler
05-09-2015, 07:28 PM

14. Get rid of Cam Thomas.

86WARD
05-09-2015, 07:41 PM

Tomlin is the blue one. I'm the first one from the far right in the second row...behind the pitchfork...that guy always gets his shit up in front of me before group photos.

steelreserve
05-09-2015, 08:13 PM
I imagine about half of those will happen and half won't. The Archer one is laughable though; that guy was an obvious disaster from about a millisecond after his name was called in the draft. A running back who can't run, a receiver who can't get open, a returner who can't return punts, and they basically don't have kickoffs anymore, so ... not a lot of potential for improvement there. I don't know if I've ever see a player do so many different things and do them all so poorly.

hawaiiansteeler
05-09-2015, 09:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1vEOhMcW2M

ALLD
05-10-2015, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't even waste their or our time bringing them into camp. Jones, Archer and Thomas should be cut after breakfast this morning. We would be better putting 10-men on the field than making any of them the 11th.

Lady Steel
05-10-2015, 05:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1vEOhMcW2M

Grrrr... I remember that. I'm so embarrassed for him. :doh:

polamalubeast
05-10-2015, 05:57 PM
The steelers are a 0-16 team with Landry Jones as QB(Same for every team)

He is so bad