PDA

View Full Version : Steelers getting a best Bud in Dupree

stillers4me
05-08-2015, 06:14 PM
If this whole football thing doesn't work out for Bud Dupree, there's always the highly-rewarding, but far less lucrative, field of daycare.

Ask anyone who has ever come in contact with the Steelers' first-round pick, they all seem to tell a similar story about the 22-year-old.

"Just a good person," said Jimmy Brumbaugh, Dupree's former defensive line coach at the University of Kentucky. "He's the kind of guy that I would leave my son with."

Good thing for the Steelers, babysitting will have to wait. Dupree's chosen profession is getting after quarterbacks.

His measurables — the 4.56 speed, the 79.38 wing-span, the 42-inch vertical — are off the charts. It's not difficult to see why NFL scouts and teams had been enamored with Dupree the player. Likewise, it's not difficult to see what the Steelers liked in Dupree the person.

In a draft class that had more than its share of failed drug tests and assorted questionable behavior, Dupree stood tall above his 6-foot-4, 269-pound frame.

In four years at Kentucky, Brumbaugh says Dupree never so much as missed a team meeting...........

read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-getting-a-best-bud-in-dupree/article_b95ae1d8-f465-11e4-bf87-4f128296d316.html