PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace Takes The Right Route To Start For The Steelers

SteelerEmpire
08-27-2010, 07:24 PM
PITTSBURGH — The potential shock waves from the Pittsburgh Steelers' trade of Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes to the New York Jets in April barely formed a ripple along the three rivers here.

Those inside the organization were not worried, because wide receiver Mike Wallace was proving to be a quick-study successor.

Quick is the operative word here given Wallace's 40-yard speed...

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2010-08-26-mike-wallace_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

SteelerSal
08-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Excellent article..good find!!

The object actually is slowing Wallace down to get him in the right place. Because the 6-0, 200-pounder accelerates so quickly, stopping and turning to come back to the ball were difficult for him as a rookie. His second preseason has shown better footwork and mechanics in getting where he's supposed to be.

Don't slow him down to much. LOL

Galax Steeler
08-28-2010, 04:13 AM
Nice read on Wallace thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see what he can do this year. Hopefully he will get his share of deep balls and touchdowns.

Wallace108
08-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Unless I've missed something, I haven't seen a negative thing about Wallace. Everything I've read has been absolutely positive. I couldn't be more excited.

SteelerSal
08-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Man, do you all realise that we might have 4 recievers on our 53 man roster that were not even on the team last season. (Battle,A.R.E, Sanders and Brown)

I am really excited to see just how much more Wallce can contribute to the offense!!

Wallace108
08-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Man, do you all realise that we might have 4 recievers on our 53 man roster that were not even on the team last season. (Battle,A.R.E, Sanders and Brown)

After we got rid of Holmes, I was a little concerned that what we had left was an aging veteran in Ward and a largely unproven second-year receiver in Wallace. ARE's return made me a little more comfortable, and Brown and Sander's potential have me absolutely giddy. It's still early, but I like what I see.

O'Malley
08-28-2010, 10:23 AM
It has been quite a while since we have had so much talent at WR. I am excited as well!

BuddhaBus
08-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Maybe instead of slowing Wallace down we could speed the QB's throws up some. He gets under thrown way too much. Get rid of it already!

MULLDOG24
08-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Maybe instead of slowing Wallace down we could speed the QB's throws up some. He gets under thrown way too much. Get rid of it already!

THIS!!!:amen: