PDA

View Full Version : Art Rooney II: “We Have Enough Talent On This Team To Compete For A Championship”

polamalubeast
05-08-2015, 08:27 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/05/art-rooney-ii-we-have-enough-talent-on-this-team-to-compete-for-a-championship/

katmandu
05-08-2015, 09:08 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/05/art-rooney-ii-we-have-enough-talent-on-this-team-to-compete-for-a-championship/Talent... yes, perhaps. Talent with experience ? Hell no.

The Steelers have no real experienced depth and depth wins Championships! Look at our past Super Bowl teams. It was plug-n-play with no real drop off in play when the 2nd teamers would hit the field.

This years team is a couple years away from those teams.

Steelman
05-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Ultimately it comes down to how quickly the defense can progress. The offense is lights out, which will keep us competitive, but the defense is the major question mark. I do, however, think this team has the capability of getting on a hot streak come playoff time. I'm not banking on it, but seeing what the defense did in the home stretch before Troy and Ike came back, I think it's a distinct possibility.

katmandu
05-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Ultimately it comes down to how quickly the defense can progress. The offense is lights out, which will keep us competitive, but the defense is the major question mark. I do, however, think this team has the capability of getting on a hot streak come playoff time. I'm not banking on it, but seeing what the defense did in the home stretch before Troy and Ike came back, I think it's a distinct possibility.1st Team Defense yes.

I don't share the same enthusiasm (Yet) for the 2nd/3rd Team Defensive players. Simply not enough experience.

cold-hard-steel
05-08-2015, 10:13 AM
I liked the article. The defensive side of our game could not possibly be any worse with their contributions to our overall performance last season.To me,i would hope our offense remains consistent when compared to last season .On the defensive side of the ball to me it lacked any kind of consistent pressure on the QB .Not the coverage over all.Now on to my next take on this defense.Is the defense gonna be a hybrid of the great (Lebeau),or will it take on a whole different approach?They let you know one thing,but could they be eyeing a new approach right now .

ALLD
05-08-2015, 03:17 PM
3 years away. Tough schedule and new D this year. Higher draft picks next year to fill in. In 2017, this year's team will already had a year to gel. Then Ben and Bell have one more season.