PDA

View Full Version : Steelers assistant Joey Porter speaks highly of Jarvis Jones

hawaiiansteeler
05-07-2015, 12:20 AM
Steelers assistant Joey Porter speaks highly of Jarvis Jones

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Jarvis Jones’ production since the Steelers chose him in the first round of the draft two years ago would fit snugly into a small shopping cart — three sacks.

There are legitimate reasons he has produced below their expectations, including pressing him into service too early as a rookie and a 2014 season ruined by a wrist injury so severe it required surgery and landed him on injured reserve for nine games.

Yet Joey Porter, someone who excelled playing the same right outside linebacker position and now coaches them for the Steelers, thinks highly of his linebacker entering his third season.

How highly?

“I thought Jarvis was playing good last year until he got hurt,” Porter said. “So it doesn’t bother me on how it ended last year with Jarvis. I still think he is one of the better linebackers in the league and he will be that. It just hasn’t happened yet.”

to read rest of story:

http://www.post-gazette.com/image/2014/12/10/ca0,0,2000,1333/20141210-SteelersPractice001.JPG

fansince'76
05-07-2015, 12:38 AM
Hope so...we're going to need him to really step it up this year.

Count Steeler
05-07-2015, 05:09 AM
Shazier, Jones and Dupree. All 1st rounders. Our LB corp should be phenomenal. Hope that we see some production from this crew THIS year.

tube517
05-07-2015, 06:22 AM
Shazier, Jones and Dupree. All 1st rounders. Our LB corp should be phenomenal. Hope that we see some production from this crew THIS year.
And Timmons was a first rounder.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Count Steeler
05-07-2015, 06:33 AM
And Timmons was a first rounder.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I thought so, but I was too lazy to look it up this morning. That is a HUGE investment. Better get some results Mr Butler.