PDA

View Full Version : Lake Expects CB Cortez Allen To Bounce Back From Injuries, Poor Play Last Season

polamalubeast
05-02-2015, 01:07 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/05/carnell-lake-expects-cb-cortez-allen-to-bounce-back-from-injuries-poor-play-last-season/

hawaiiansteeler
05-02-2015, 01:09 PM
I sure hope so, that would be a tremendous boost for our defense...

Mojouw
05-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Let us for a moment assume that Allen AND Mitchell were hurt last year. They both play like they did in 2013 - how much less worried is anyone about the defense?

Of course between now and the start of preseason games, all anyone will be saying is how guys "are in the best shape of their life" and "look really ready to turn the corner", etc.

ALLD
05-02-2015, 05:01 PM
I don't believe it. He played his way out of the NFL if it were not for the contract. When a player crashes and burns like that it's not very often he comes back. Willie Gay needed to change teams and then come back after getting run over by Adrian Peterson. I bet they keep Allen on a short hook and would trade them if they could.

hawaiiansteeler
05-02-2015, 05:15 PM
I don't believe it. He played his way out of the NFL if it were not for the contract. When a player crashes and burns like that it's not very often he comes back.

Ike Taylor came back after being benched by Cowher...

86WARD
05-02-2015, 05:36 PM

True and he came back a totally different player. Still couldn't catch, but he could defend. Allen can catch, he just can't defend...I'm hoping it was all just a mental thing that had him in a deep rut that he just couldn't get his head on straight...if he bounces back, the back end of the D will be much better than it was last season...much better.

polamalubeast
05-02-2015, 05:37 PM
True and he came back a totally different player. Still couldn't catch, but he could defend. Allen can catch, he just can't defend...I'm hoping it was all just a mental thing that had him in a deep rut that he just couldn't get his head on straight...if he bounces back, the back end of the D will be much better than it was last season...much better.

Allen could be the key for the steelers on defense

86WARD
05-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Allen could be the key for the steelers on defense

Agree...100%. His development or ability to bounce back from last season could be critical to their success on the defensive side of the ball.

SteelerFanInStl
05-02-2015, 06:00 PM

Ike never played as poorly as Cortez did this year.

ALLD
05-02-2015, 06:02 PM
^^^ Ike got beat, but it looked like Allen gave up. Subtle difference.

ETL
05-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Willie Gay needed to change teams and then come back after getting run over by Adrian Peterson. I bet they keep Allen on a short hook and would trade them if they could.

Gay was a valuable contributor to the Steelers before he went to Arizona. He did nothing spectacular in Arizona and came back to the Steelers because the Steelers realized he was a valuable player. I see a player that matured with time and not because he was sent away to Arizona

tube517
05-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Gay had a horrible 2009. They brought back McFadden and Gay went back to the slot. McFadden became injury prone and declined. Gay had to work his way back to not being a liability. Ike got benched. I hope Cortex can learn and come back. I hope Lake was right and that it was injuries that me him struggle. I hope.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2