PDA

View Full Version : Steelers mock: Dinner Takes All

teegre
04-29-2015, 09:43 AM
I was a long-time contributor over at Steelers Fever. Since the explosion, I have been writing for The Point of Pittsburgh. Anyway, with the draft approaching, I created a mock... unlike any other mock you've probably ever seen. With no further ado...

Dinner Takes All
by
Tiger Rowan

Years ago, when the first three rounds of the NFL draft were held on a Saturday, it was an all-day food fest for me. I would awaken early, go to the gym, shower up, and buy a dozen donuts. Throughout the first round, I would eat about three donuts per hour, consuming the entire dozen by the end of the first round. Starting in round two, I would switch to eating pizza; again, my pace was about three slices per hour, finishing off the entire pizza by the end of round three.

Simply, it was a gluttonous nirvana.

Then, Roger Goodell went and messed everything up...

You can read the rest of the article here:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/dinner-takes-all-meals-influence-the-2015-nfl-draft/

I hope that you enjoy it.

Bluecoat96
04-29-2015, 09:49 AM
Nice! Of course, I'm now hungry.

teegre
04-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Nice! Of course, I'm now hungry.

This won't help: here is where I'm going to get my pizza from...

http://www.leftyspizza.com/menu.html

Lady Steel
04-29-2015, 11:34 AM
I am assuming that a snack mix of some sort was involved during this meeting. While munchies may not be considered a “dinner”, this is round seven: you get what you get.

:lol:

Another great article, Tiger. Good job.

teegre
04-29-2015, 12:57 PM
:lol:

Another great article, Tiger. Good job.

Your kind words are truly appreciated.

(That's one of my favorite lines, too. :chuckle: )

steelcityboyz
04-29-2015, 05:15 PM
What a good article thanks for sharing it!

teegre
04-29-2015, 05:42 PM
What a good article thanks for sharing it!

Thank you very much... and, my pleasure.

stillers4me
04-29-2015, 06:29 PM
That was awesome....can't wait to see how accurate it is because you very well may have broken the code! :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
04-29-2015, 06:37 PM
I hope that you enjoy it.

I did, thanks! :pop2:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/dc/45/17/dc45178a1e0988e46c8c1cc1f0772f89.jpg

Count Steeler
04-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Very well written. Thanks for posting.

Interesting concept of taking 2 from the secondary of Louisville. Makes too much sense, so it probably won't happen.

teegre
04-29-2015, 10:01 PM
That was awesome....can't wait to see how accurate it is because you very well may have broken the code! :lol:

Thank you for the kind words.

Some people see faces in clouds... others see fortunes in tea leaves... I see draftpicks in pepperoni. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I did, thanks! :pop2:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/dc/45/17/dc45178a1e0988e46c8c1cc1f0772f89.jpg

I don't know how to post pics, but if you Google "lefty's stuffed pizza" you will see what's on my menu for tomorrow's draft.

- - - Updated - - -

Very well written. Thanks for posting.

Interesting concept of taking 2 from the secondary of Louisville. Makes too much sense, so it probably won't happen.

Much appreciated.

The Steelers noticed Haggans, while watching film of Porter.

Likewise, they discovered AB, while scouting Western Michigan's QB.

Maybe they noticed Gaines, while scouting Holliman... I know that I did.

hawaiiansteeler
04-29-2015, 11:01 PM
I don't know how to post pics, but if you Google "lefty's stuffed pizza" you will see what's on my menu for tomorrow's draft.

thin crust, deep dish or stuffed?

Aussie_steeler
04-30-2015, 05:08 AM
Cracker of a draft Teegre. Like your work

My only question why did they not take James Sample out for dinner when they were in Louisville?

Sample is a better and more versatile safety than Holliman.

teegre
04-30-2015, 05:44 AM
thin crust, deep dish or stuffed?

The deep dish is great, but it's sort of like really thick "regular" pizza. If you're going to Lefty's, you HAVE to get the stuffed pizza.

When we go there, we order a slice of thin crust for my daughter and a stuffed for us. Then, we have an hour to kill. The daughter eats her slice and plays toys (they have boardgames, books, and kids' toys on shelves next to the tables). My daughter LOVES that restaurant. Anyway, after an hour of smelling pizzas baking, you're more than ready for the monstrosity that is an 8 lb (1 lb per slice) heap of sauce & cheese.

The awesome part is: it's only about 20% bread (and 80% cheese & toppings). It's a thin crust, topped with cheese, sauce, & toppings, then another thin crust is placed on top (with a layer of sauce on top, to keep it from drying out). Honestly, it really is a "pie".

Mmmm... can't wait.

teegre
04-30-2015, 05:55 AM
Cracker of a draft Teegre. Like your work

My only question why did they not take James Sample out for dinner when they were in Louisville?

Sample is a better and more versatile safety than Holliman.

That is a great question. And, you're absolutely right.

My guess is: I think that the Steelers are looking for a FS/center fielder. They already have Thomas at SS, and many feel that Mitchell would be better suited as a SS, as well. Hence, there's no "need" for Sample.

If Tomlin had taken Sample out to dinner, I absolutely would have mocked him to the Steelers. Alas... Damn my algorithm!!!

SIDENOTE: Louisville had a ridiculously good secondary.

ETL
04-30-2015, 07:38 AM
Alls I know is that you predict we will draft a DANIELLE, a CLIVE, a GEROD and a QUINTON.

I gotta hand it to you. I've never imagined in my wildest dreams to be rooting for players with those names.

Nice read by the way.

teegre
04-30-2015, 11:59 AM
Alls I know is that you predict we will draft a DANIELLE, a CLIVE, a GEROD and a QUINTON.

I gotta hand it to you. I've never imagined in my wildest dreams to be rooting for players with those names.

Nice read by the way.

Insert "Key & Peele football names" here. :lol:

Bluecoat96
04-30-2015, 01:09 PM
The deep dish is great, but it's sort of like really thick "regular" pizza. If you're going to Lefty's, you HAVE to get the stuffed pizza.

When we go there, we order a slice of thin crust for my daughter and a stuffed for us. Then, we have an hour to kill. The daughter eats her slice and plays toys (they have boardgames, books, and kids' toys on shelves next to the tables). My daughter LOVES that restaurant. Anyway, after an hour of smelling pizzas baking, you're more than ready for the monstrosity that is an 8 lb (1 lb per slice) heap of sauce & cheese.

The awesome part is: it's only about 20% bread (and 80% cheese & toppings). It's a thin crust, topped with cheese, sauce, & toppings, then another thin crust is placed on top (with a layer of sauce on top, to keep it from drying out). Honestly, it really is a "pie".

Mmmm... can't wait.

I just got fatter reading that description....and I'm ok with that. Holy Moley.....that sounds awesome!

teegre
04-30-2015, 04:16 PM
I just got fatter reading that description....and I'm ok with that. Holy Moley.....that sounds awesome!

:rofl:

True.

I can get through about two slices... that's it; and, the wife can barely eat one. Ergo, we either go with friends/family... or, we have leftovers for a few days.

stillers4me
04-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Wrong player...right code! :lol:

teegre
04-30-2015, 10:31 PM
Wrong player...right code! :lol:

The algorithm works!!!

Lady Steel
05-01-2015, 08:26 AM
It's all about the cheese balls. :coffee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2udEZzeVGao

teegre
05-01-2015, 08:57 AM
It's all about the cheese balls. :coffee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2udEZzeVGao

Well done. Who knew there was video of Alvin (Dupree) eating with Tomlin.

teegre
05-04-2015, 11:41 AM
R1: Dupree... DINNER
R2: Gilson... VISIT
R3: Coates... VISIT
R4: Grant... VISIT
R5: James... VISIT
R6: Walton... (nothing)
R6: Chickillo... (nothing)
R7: Holliman... DINNER

The algorithm works!!! :wink02:

Steelman
05-04-2015, 01:22 PM
R1: Dupree... DINNER
R2: Gilson... VISIT
R3: Coates... VISIT
R4: Grant... VISIT[
R5: James... VISIT
R6: Walton... (nothing)
R6: Chickillo... (nothing)
R7: Holliman... DINNER

The algorithm works!!! :wink02:

Actually for Chickillo, Tomlin was extremely interested and involved in that Miami pro day. I had wondered if it was more than Clive Walford and looked into Chickillo, but thought he may have been too much of a conversion project. I guess for a 6th rounder, it's worth a shot. High motor.

Seems to be a developing pattern though. Most of the guys on my mock were guys they looked into as well, just didn't guess the right spots. Enjoy that lamp! :chuckle:

teegre
05-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Actually for Chickillo, Tomlin was extremely interested and involved in that Miami pro day. I had wondered if it was more than Clive Walford and looked into Chickillo, but thought he may have been too much of a conversion project. I guess for a 6th rounder, it's worth a shot. High motor.

Seems to be a developing pattern though. Most of the guys on my mock were guys they looked into as well, just didn't guess the right spots. Enjoy that lamp! :chuckle:

So what you're saying is... Tomlin & Chickillo may have split a pupu platter.

And...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=subj4WLPWYc