PDA

View Full Version : Steelers waiting for LB Timmons to become a star

stillers4me
08-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Steelers waiting for LB Timmons to become a star
By ALAN ROBINSON (AP) – 2 days ago
PITTSBURGH — Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is finding it difficult to be patient with Lawrence Timmons.
Tomlin calls the inside linebacker "ridiculously talented," though Timmons has yet to have the breakout season expected before now of the No. 15 pick in the 2007 draft.
Timmons' teammates are convinced the former Florida State star has more speed, power and drive to the football than any player on the Steelers' defense other than safety Troy Polamalu. Still, any discussion about Timmons often begins with what he hasn't done in his three seasons — make the Pro Bowl.
He hasn't yet reached an elite level. He's not yet a complete player. He's not yet ready to take over from James Farrior the job of running the defense.
"It's time," Tomlin said. "Lawrence has been around here long enough."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i57ZsDoRD4XQ1pPtGMfLX3RPXdhAD9HQ3P600

BuddhaBus
08-27-2010, 06:24 AM
I think, barring another injury, we are finally going to see the Lawrence Timmons we've been waiting for for 3 years. He is just so fast and explosive on the field that I don't see him NOT living up to the hype. I thought he was going to have that break-out year last year, but the injuries were just a bit too much and held him back. I want to see one full HEALTHY season from Timmons now to show what he can do. I believe he will be a beast.

CanadianSteel
08-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Yup we need our own LT in Pittsburgh !!

steelpride12
08-27-2010, 10:04 PM
3rd times a charm and I think finally the beast will be released and his true power and speed will show on the field this season. Injury bug has hit him hard which has slowed him down quite a bit, but now 100% healthy and ready to go I know this is it.

solardave
08-28-2010, 04:04 AM
This should be the year. We should be able to apply some serious pressure up front and be able to stop any run game. I can't wait to see him in the regular season.

Galax Steeler
08-28-2010, 04:05 AM
I look for a big year from Timmons if we can get him where he needs to be there is no reason why we can't have the best linebacking core in the nfl.

SteelerFanInStl
08-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Timmons is gonna wreak havoc on opposing offenses this year!

Psycho Ward 86
08-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Watch. Out.