PDA

View Full Version : This kid needs to be Ben's Successor !

katmandu
04-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Yea, I know, bit early for this but.... have you seen this kid in action ? He's a freaking beast !

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cardale_jones_753504.html

Cardale Jones

Class:
Sophomore

Hometown:
Cleveland, Ohio

High School:
Glenville

Height / Weight:
6-5 / 250

Position:
QB

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/osu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/9067496.jpeg

04/13/2013
Scarlet Defeats Gray in Spring Game, 31-14 (http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/041313aab.html)

Miller accounts for three TDs in the win
04/12/2013
Cincinnati: Here Come the Buckeyes (http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041213aaa.html)

Trip will feature overload of game action plus Cincinnati sights, sounds and tastes. And bling!
03/04/2013
Ohio State Spring Football Set to Kick Off (http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030413aaa.html)

Earliest start, perhaps, in school history comes after a 103-day break in practices
02/06/2013
Ohio State Signs 24 to National Letters of Intent (http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020613aaa.html)

Highly regarded class includes five, five-star recruits and lots of DL and skill players
11/22/2012
Buckeyes lend a hand at LifeCare Alliance (http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112212aaa.html)

Team assists nonprofit that

Ohio State Overview: Cardale Jones may not have had many meaningful plays during crunch time of a game entering the 2014 season, but his experience level has grown considerably after a spring and fall camp where he shared all the quarterback reps with J.T. Barrett and playing time in numerous games so far during the 2014 season as the backup quarterback to J.T. Barrett ... Jones is in his third year with the football program and is a sophomore eligibility-wise ... he possesses tremendous arm strength and is physical, too, at 6-5 and 250 pounds ... he is majoring in African-American studies and was named an OSU Scholar-Athlete in the 2012 winter and spring quarters ... One of six Cleveland Glenville Tarblooders on the roster (Jr. LB Devan Bogard, Fr. OL Marcelys Jones, Fr. CB Marshon Lattimore, Fr. SAF Erick Smith and RS-Fr. LB Chris Worley are the others).
2013 Season: Jones had his first collegiate action this year, playing a total of 39 plays from scrimmage in games vs. Florida A&M, Penn State and Purdue ... only attempted one pass in those three games that Ohio State won by a collective score of 195-14, but did rush 17 times for 128 yards (a 7.5 per carry average) and scored one touchdown, a 10-yard run vs. Florida A&M.
2012 Season: Jones red-shirted the season after enrolling in school in January, 2012.
More on Cardale: Jones signed his national letter of intent in February 2011, but attended Fork Union Military Academy for one semester that fall and roomed with 2012 Ohio State recruit Michael Thomas ... Jones was rated by Rivals.com as the No. 12 prep school player in the country in 2011 ... he led perennial northeast Ohio high school power Cleveland Glenville to a 24-3 record as a starting quarterback ... passed for 1,689 yards and 22 touchdowns as a senior in 2011 for coach Ted Ginn and was named third-team Division I all-state by the Associated Press ... threw for 2,168 yards and 18 touchdowns as a junior in 2009, and he also had 14 career rushing touchdowns ... was the MVP of the 2010 Offense-Defense Bowl, and he also played in the Big 33 Game ... a basketball letterman at Glenville ... is the son of Florence Jones ... Cardale is the youngest of six siblings: he has older brothers Matthew, Javon and Devonte, and older sisters Sheena and Naomi.

teegre
04-21-2015, 12:41 PM
If he plays as well as he did in those three games, he'll be the top overall pick in 2016.

crcsnail
04-21-2015, 12:55 PM
I posted this in the college section on the 2nd jan this year as I got to see the games on tv in the uk .

I have only just watched the semi finals and final of the college games. Thought I would ask your opinions of Jones. I know he has only played 3 games but surely an NFL prospect . This is why I posted ,he reminded me so much of Big Ben . Had nice arm strength and touch and defenders just fell off him ,looked like Ben to me anyway . I found it hard to believe he had only played 3 games. is it just a flash in the pan or does he have potential ? In the 2 games I watched he looked like a steeler to me

Elliot the RB didn't look to shabby either !

so katmandu ... I guess I agree with ya :)

hawaiiansteeler
04-21-2015, 01:07 PM
he might have a hard time being the starting QB at Ohio St this season...

Steeldude
04-21-2015, 04:19 PM
So far he looks like another running QB. How well do they do in the NFL?

Edman
04-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Looks like another Running QB who is "First Read, then run".

Have we not learned from the Vince Young, Crapernick, and RGIII disasters that running QB's don't work well in the NFL?

It's one season, then they drop off the face of the earth.

86WARD
04-21-2015, 05:14 PM
No offense but...no thanks on the "athletic QBs." Give me a very unathletic QB, speed like Drew Bledsoe, feet like Peyton Manning QB that can throw the ball quickly, accurately, with velocity and far...EVERY SINGLE TIME over the "athletic guy."

Pappy
04-21-2015, 06:24 PM
No offense but...no thanks on the "athletic QBs." Give me a very unathletic QB, speed like Drew Bledsoe, feet like Peyton Manning QB that can throw the ball quickly, accurately, with velocity and far...EVERY SINGLE TIME over the "athletic guy."
Can't agree with you more. A quarterback is supposed to THROW the ball not run it. A running QB in the NFL is one play away from retirement!

Jaucer
04-21-2015, 06:29 PM
He has the physical tools to be a good QB. I for one don't think he is a run first QB but he will run when needed. That said I don't think he has what it takes upstairs to be an NFL QB. He wasn't asked to read defenses with Ohio States offensive scheme.

- - - Updated - - -

Elliot the RB didn't look to shabby either !

Elliot was actually the catalyst that made the offense work. He has monster games at the end of the season. Wouldn't mind him spelling Bell in 2 years.

katmandu
04-22-2015, 01:47 PM
He has the physical tools to be a good QB. I for one don't think he is a run first QB but he will run when needed. That said I don't think he has what it takes upstairs to be an NFL QB. He wasn't asked to read defenses with Ohio States offensive scheme. One of the qualities I liked was his poise in the pocket. The kid showed no signs of panic what-so-ever.

Steeldude
04-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Rushing Atts: 89
Pass Atts: 57

There isn't much footage on him. He appears to be a slower version of Vince Young.

katmandu
04-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Rushing Atts: 89
Pass Atts: 57

There isn't much footage on him. Wait and see.

steelreserve
04-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Of the two, I'd rather have Elliott, and he'd come at a much lower price. That guy almost singlehandedly carried them to the championship, and running back translates a lot better to the NFL than running quarterback. Jones, not so sure whether he's the real deal or not.

Steeldude
04-23-2015, 08:02 AM
Wait and see.

I heard the same about Vince Young...lol.

steelreserve
04-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Wait and see.

I heard the same about Vince Young...lol.

There was a quarterback one time who was drafted highly based on one impressive game in the postseason. His name was JaMarcus Russell.

This guy has three impressive games in the postseason, but other than that we know next to nothing about him. I would run the fuck away unless next year shows something definitive. It's easy to look good when you have a running back who's suddenly rushing for 200+ yards every time and your line is allowing about 1 sack per game. His numbers against Alabama, the toughest team he faced, were pretty pedestrian, and Elliott and the defense saved OSU's ass with three huge plays. Wait and see is about the best you can say about the guy, but none of that waiting should be in the NFL, or that team is a sucker.