PDA

View Full Version : Stephon Tuitt's Trainer Believes Steelers Defensive End Will "Erupt" In 2015

Lady Steel
04-17-2015, 12:45 PM
"He's a Volcano that's about to erupt in 2015 for a physical Steeler DEFENSE... "

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/04/stephon-tuitts-trainer-believes-steelers-defensive-end-will-erupt-in-2015/

Steelman
04-17-2015, 01:05 PM
The vast majority of our defensive issues are definitely not on the line. Heyward has only been quietly getting better and Tuitt was showing a lot of promise toward the end of the season. Glad to see he's putting in the time this offseason.

st33lersguy
04-17-2015, 02:08 PM
I hope so

vrabinec
04-17-2015, 02:35 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Tuitt led the team in sacks next year. We haven't had that caliber of a pass rusher at the position since Aaron's heyday.

Count Steeler
04-17-2015, 02:45 PM
And I think my wife is the most beautiful woman in the world.

I mean really, what do you expect him to say?

teegre
04-17-2015, 02:48 PM
When he was drafted, I stated that Tuitt will turn out to be the next Ray Seals.

Heyward & Tuitt are two extremely good DEs. They are the cornerstones around which yo build this defense. Plus, they are good enough pass-rushers to play all three downs and/or in the nickel & dime.

Now... to get some OLBs & CBs to play with them.

dislocatedday
04-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Tuitt's ability showed more and more as each week progressed last season. It's obvious he can play, and play at a high level, for the Steelers going forward. He will only get better. Cameron Heyward also keeps getting better each season and he is already a force for this team. If McCullers can really learn the NT position, he also has the chance to become dominant. He tossed some people around last year when he had a chance, and it appears the he is unblockable by a single man.

I also think Shazier can be a special player in the team's LB corps. It's easy to see his athletic ability and nose for the football. He just needs to stay healthy, stay focused, work hard, and he will be a pro bowl level player I think.

A good/great edge rusher, and a couple more capable starters in the defensive backfield (easier said than done) and I think this defense can improve tremendously from last season.

86WARD
04-17-2015, 05:51 PM
I'm hoping they aren't the same trainers that told us how well Ziggy Hood was going to do...

Count Steeler
04-17-2015, 07:18 PM
I'm hoping they aren't the same trainers that told us how well Ziggy Hood was going to do...

Exactly. I have seen signs of Tuitts emergence as a possible D Line starter and an effective weapon on defense. But this is training and it is the off season. I'll reserve my optimism for the field of battle.

SteelerFanInStl
04-18-2015, 09:09 AM
I also think Shazier can be a special player in the team's LB corps. It's easy to see his athletic ability and nose for the football. He just needs to stay healthy, stay focused, work hard, and he will be a pro bowl level player I think.

He better be, since we passed on Mosley to take him.

Mojouw
04-18-2015, 12:28 PM
He better be, since we passed on Mosley to take him.

Regardless of how Shazier turns out, the Steelers game against the Ravens where Bell just whipped Mosley on routes out of the backfield is exactly why we passed on him. Mosley is a 2 down monster ILB against the run with minimal ability to contribute in coverage. That isn't to say that Mosley is a bad player -- he is clearly a high quality ILB. But Tomlin and company are totally committed to their emphasis on "run and hit" type guys. I take that to mean the whole "sideline to sideline" cliche. Watching film (college) on Shazier and Mosley, one of those players fits that bill -- one does not.

I agree, that it will be an interesting comparison through their careers. There are several for the Steelers currently. Shazier vs Mosley. Bell vs Lacey. Jarvis Jones vs Eric Reid vs Xavier Rhodes. Could be fun to monitor Tuitt vs Nix. I'm sure their are others.

My money is still on Shazier being better than Mosley.

Steeldude
04-18-2015, 06:20 PM
I will believe it when I see it. Let's see if he maintains his gap assignments.

SteelerFanInStl
04-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Regardless of how Shazier turns out, the Steelers game against the Ravens where Bell just whipped Mosley on routes out of the backfield is exactly why we passed on him. Mosley is a 2 down monster ILB against the run with minimal ability to contribute in coverage. That isn't to say that Mosley is a bad player -- he is clearly a high quality ILB. But Tomlin and company are totally committed to their emphasis on "run and hit" type guys. I take that to mean the whole "sideline to sideline" cliche. Watching film (college) on Shazier and Mosley, one of those players fits that bill -- one does not.

I agree, that it will be an interesting comparison through their careers. There are several for the Steelers currently. Shazier vs Mosley. Bell vs Lacey. Jarvis Jones vs Eric Reid vs Xavier Rhodes. Could be fun to monitor Tuitt vs Nix. I'm sure their are others.

My money is still on Shazier being better than Mosley.

Mosley made the Pro Bowl in his rookie season and was runner up for RDPOY, only losing because of the monster season by Donald. I'd hardly say that one game against arguably the best receiving HB in the NFL makes him a "2 down" ILBer. He actually played very well in coverage last year.

The fact that he plays for the Ravens makes it even worse.

katmandu
04-19-2015, 01:07 PM
"He's a Volcano that's about to erupt in 2015 for a physical Steeler DEFENSE... "

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/04/stephon-tuitts-trainer-believes-steelers-defensive-end-will-erupt-in-2015/He looks like someone pissed in his Wheaties! Love it!

Now, if Mike Adams could get 1/2 that pissed off while playing....

Rotorhead
04-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Well if Tuitt continues his improvement, then between him and Heyward we will have great DE's, this should only help our OLB's. I am thinking (as long as our CB play improves) our Def will be taking a big step forward. I am hoping for a deep playoff run this season.