PDA

View Full Version : so much for blaming our conditioning coach

Dwinsgames
04-15-2015, 07:14 PM
Steelers' Conditioning Coordinator Garrett Giemont is honored by Samson Equipment.
Garrett Giemont, the Steelers’ Conditioning Coordinator, has been named the NFL’s 2015 Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year by Samson Equipment.

Giemont, who is now in his ninth season with the Steelers, has over 30 years’ experience working in the NFL dating back to 1970 when he started with the Los Angeles Rams and enjoys the day-to-day challenges the position presents.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Giemont-wins-strength--conditioning-honor/955fa3fd-c639-41a5-8dfb-c6a7fe7a0956

perhaps now the blame can go where it belongs ... bad luck

86WARD
04-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Meh...they gave him the award based on James Harrison's Facebook videos...;)

X-Terminator
04-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Steelers' Conditioning Coordinator Garrett Giemont is honored by Samson Equipment.

Garrett Giemont, the Steelers’ Conditioning Coordinator, has been named the NFL’s 2015 Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year by Samson Equipment.

Giemont, who is now in his ninth season with the Steelers, has over 30 years’ experience working in the NFL dating back to 1970 when he started with the Los Angeles Rams and enjoys the day-to-day challenges the position presents.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Giemont-wins-strength--conditioning-honor/955fa3fd-c639-41a5-8dfb-c6a7fe7a0956

perhaps now the blame can go where it belongs ... bad luck

I personally have always felt it was bad luck. Peak physical conditioning can't prevent broken bones and ligament tears.

fansince'76
04-15-2015, 09:50 PM
I personally have always felt it was bad luck. Peak physical conditioning can't prevent broken bones and ligament tears.

Mixed with bad coaching. It always helps when your center isn't being taken out of action for the season on the first offensive series of the year by one of his own teammates. I noticed a serious decline in OL injuries in general after Munchak's arrival and I don't think it was a coincidence.

vrabinec
04-16-2015, 08:43 AM
I still say that a REAL strength and conditioning coach could dream up a drill that would prevent the star running back from hyperextending his knee right before the playoffs. Maybe have the backs stand in the middle of the field as a truck with a lift gate that's at knee level backs into them and chops them down time after time so the knee gets used to hyperextension? I dunno.