PDA

View Full Version : Timmon's blog - - I'm liking what I'm hearing

Killer
08-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Listen up......

First Quarter Mode

Written by Lawrence Timmons | August 25, 2010

We beat the Giants and I thought it went well, I just wish I had taken a better angle at the quarterback when he scrambled and got that first down. For that kid to come in as a third stringer and play with the ones like he did is tough. He did a pretty good job.

I think the defense did a good job getting to the ball. We’re all still trying to work into football shape right now. It’s preseason so we’re going to have mistakes. We’re still getting that team camaraderie going, learning one another on the field, getting a good feel for each other so we’ll be ready when the regular season starts.

Personally I feel like I’m in good shape, I’ve been working out hard with our strength and conditioning coach and it’s going well. Against the Giants I played inside linebacker and in third down/nickel. I felt good that I got some pressure on the quarterback and got a little involved with the running game. The first team defense didn’t have that many plays but we flew to the ball when we had the chance and I think we played very well against the run.

What you want is to stay in that first quarter mode, when you’re flying all over the place. I want to condition myself to keep that up the whole game, play every quarter like it’s the first and make sure I finish strong in the fourth. That’s definitely a must.

Monday we had a lot of team meetings, we looked at film of the game and made notes, learned all we could from it and now we’re focused on Denver. We want to keep building that momentum and carry it into the regular season so we can have a great start.

http://www.timmons94.com/blog.html