PDA

View Full Version : The Ramifications Of A Trade Up For Pittsburgh

polamalubeast
03-28-2015, 03:52 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/03/the-ramifications-of-a-trade-up-for-pittsburgh/

fansince'76
03-28-2015, 04:01 PM
The Steelers have much of a need at cornerback, a position they haven't addressed in the first round since 1997.

And that CB was none other than Chad (Charred) Scott. Maybe they're as gun shy about taking a CB in the first now as they seemed to be about taking a QB in the first for 20+ years after they took Mark Malone in 1980. Like Malone, Scott sucked out loud.

steelreserve
03-28-2015, 05:02 PM
And that CB was none other than Chad (Charred) Scott. Maybe they're as gun shy about taking a CB in the first now as they seemed to be about taking a QB in the first for 20+ years after they took Mark Malone in 1980. Like Malone, Scott sucked out loud.

I really hope that's not our reasoning. We made a bad move 20 years ago, so obviously any other player we draft at the same position is going to be a bust. On the other hand, last time we drafted a nose tackle in the first round, he turned out to be one of the best in the game, and now we won't even draft one at all. Who the hell knows what they're thinking.

st33lersguy
03-28-2015, 05:55 PM

Hopefully the next CB they take in the 1st is at least almost as good as the next QB they drafted in the 1st after Malone

Dwinsgames
03-28-2015, 07:41 PM
we need to come away with the minimum of 4 players from this draft that make some sort of pos impact on the field in 2015 ... trading up kills that opportunity because you just lost a valuable selection in order to do so

Texasteel
03-28-2015, 10:09 PM
we need to come away with the minimum of 4 players from this draft that make some sort of pos impact on the field in 2015 ... trading up kills that opportunity because you just lost a valuable selection in order to do so

I agree with you. A trade down would make more sense depending on who is still there at 22.

Mojouw
03-29-2015, 10:51 AM
I know that this draft class has to have multiple "hits" but if you have a handful of players that are in your top tier and one of them "slides" to within a reachable trade (one that doesn't involve trading all your other draft picks or multiple first rounders), I think you have to do it.

tube517
03-29-2015, 12:02 PM

Pairing him up with DeWayne (Toast) Washington. Oh, the memories. :jawdrop2:

BigNastyDefense
03-29-2015, 01:19 PM
If a guy slides and we can move up and couple spots trading our original first rounder and a fourth, that's fine. I don't want to give up a second round pick to move up, and I would even be wary about handing over a third. No way in hell do I think they should hand over any future first round selections.