PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin sidesteps Polamalu's situation

Lady Steel
03-24-2015, 12:53 AM
PHOENIX — It was what coach Mike Tomlin didn’t say about safety Troy Polamalu that probably spoke volumes about the future of the eight-time Pro Bowl safety.

When asked Monday at the NFL owners meetings if Polamalu fits into the Steelers’ plan for the 2015 season, Tomlin didn’t want to answer the question.

“I’m not getting into Troy,” Tomlin said. “I think that’s been documented. Art’s made comments. I don’t need to add on to that. It doesn’t serve any purpose.”

Tomlin’s reluctance to talk about Polamalu’s future is just another sign the former NFL defensive player of the year likely doesn’t have much of a future with the team.

Nobody connected with the Steelers — not team president Art Rooney II nor general manager Kevin Colbert — has even remotely indicated Polamalu will return or even if they want him to return. Tomlin’s failure to address the subject only highlights the likelihood the Steelers will release him if he doesn’t retire after 12 star-studded seasons with the team.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/03/24/nfl-tomlin-mainbar-for-tuesday-sports/stories/201503240112

86WARD
03-24-2015, 06:21 AM
Of course he does. It's not his decision and he's most likely left in the dark.

Mojouw
03-24-2015, 08:53 AM
Just another sign of how crappy a coach Tomlin is.

What a joke.

fansince'76
03-24-2015, 09:18 AM
June 1st cut if he doesn't retire before then, I'm thinking...

Mojouw
03-24-2015, 09:39 AM
June 1st cut if he doesn't retire before then, I'm thinking...

I think if they were going to cut him, they would have done it by now. Regardless of cap ramifications.

I think the whole thing hinges on whether or not Troy is willing to come back and not be locked in as an every down player.

Just my feeling.

salamander
03-24-2015, 10:40 AM
I posted in another thread that I heard on 93.7 The Fan that the decision to not cut Troy yet was on the Rooneys and that if it were up to the coaches, he'd be gone already. Take that for what it's worth.

SteelerFanInStl
03-24-2015, 12:10 PM
In other words, they're giving Troy a chance to retire and he's dragging his feet.

smokin3000gt
03-24-2015, 12:26 PM
Just another sign of how crappy a coach Tomlin is.

What a joke.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x313/smokin3000gt/FIRETURMLIN_zpsbc1574d8.jpg

ALLD
03-24-2015, 02:08 PM
I think if they were going to cut him, they would have done it by now. Regardless of cap ramifications.

I think the whole thing hinges on whether or not Troy is willing to come back and not be locked in as an every down player.

Just my feeling.

I think they allow him to come back at less $ or incentivised contract contingent on playing time/picks/tackles. He needs to hang it up.

Lady Steel
03-25-2015, 01:46 PM
I posted in another thread that I heard on 93.7 The Fan that the decision to not cut Troy yet was on the Rooneys and that if it were up to the coaches, he'd be gone already. Take that for what it's worth.

I believe it.

- - - Updated - - -

In other words, they're giving Troy a chance to retire and he's dragging his feet.

Yep.