PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin wants defense to dominate again

polamalubeast
03-23-2015, 07:09 PM
Coach Mike Tomlin admits the Steelers haven't played defense up to their standards of late.
PHOENIX – The Steelers finished 18th in total defense in 2014 and in Coach Mike Tomlin’s estimation that wasn’t nearly good enough.

“Our goal is to be the very best, or at least be in that discussion, depending on how you define it,” Tomlin said at the Arizona Biltmore during a break in Competition Committee business at the 2015 NFL Owners Meetings. “Obviously, the last couple of years I don’t think we’ve had a legitimate argument in that discussion. We have for a great number of the years I’ve been here and that’s our intention, to be back in that discussion no matter how you shape it or cut it.

“That increases our chance of winning and ultimately puts us in a position to pursue our ultimate goal, which is to be world champions this year.”

The Steelers will play in 2015 without Dick LeBeau coordinating their defense for the first time in Tomlin’s tenure as head coach.

“Dick’s been here for a long time and had a great deal of success,” Tomlin said. “I’m not going to get into specifics about what his thought process was; just know that we had a great deal of love and respect for not only him the man but what he brought to us.

“He’s moved on and, I feel like we have a very capable man in Keith Butler, a guy who has been in our program for some time even prior to me being here. Keith and I have a rich coaching history together. We worked together since 1996 in three different cities. Got a great deal of comfort and continuity from that standpoint but also looking forward to the impact he could have in terms of putting his spin on what we’ve been doing and what we’ll continue to do.

“I’m excited about the opportunity that he’ll be given. I’m excited about maybe how that can make us different and more competitive.”

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Tomlin-wants-defense-to-dominate-again/956f4d2d-0329-4da6-b254-24c2a582d7b6

ALLD
03-24-2015, 02:13 PM
He should get Chin to send him some picks.