PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2015 Free Agency: What About Outside Linebacker?

Dwinsgames
03-21-2015, 08:56 PM
It was gone as soon as it came. The Steelers interviewed a few corners and showed some signs of free agency life. We interviewed, assessed, kissed them at the door, and said goodnight. On the other side of the door was another team on one knee asking for I do.

http://stillcurtain.com/2015/03/21/steelers-2015-free-agency-outside-linebacker/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

steelreserve
03-22-2015, 12:11 AM
It was gone as soon as it came. The Steelers interviewed a few corners and showed some signs of free agency life. We interviewed, assessed, kissed them at the door, and said goodnight. On the other side of the door was another team on one knee asking for I do.

A polite way of putting it. I would've said on both knees, given the amount of money that was shoveled some of these guys' way. And I'm not talking about marriage.

Steeldude
03-22-2015, 03:39 AM
I fear the defense is going to be really bad next year. Signing Harrison would help a lot.

86WARD
03-22-2015, 05:55 AM
I fear the defense is going to be really bad next year. Signing Harrison would help a lot.

The feeling is shared...I also have a feeling that they are going to keep Polamalu around...which will make it worse at this stage...

SteelerFanInStl
03-22-2015, 09:41 AM
The feeling is shared...I also have a feeling that they are going to keep Polamalu around...which will make it worse at this stage...

Me too. The offense has the ability to be one of the best in the NFL and the defense one of the worst.

By not actively seeking to improve the defense, we're just wasting all of that offensive talent.

86WARD
03-22-2015, 12:46 PM
Glad I was way off base with my feeling about Harrison. Good to see him locked up for one more year. Troy still has to go...

Lady Steel
03-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Troy still has to go...

I bet he was eating a pastry when he heard the news about Harrison being re-signed. :chuckle:

86WARD
03-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Funny you say that...I actually was eating a Tastykake...

Lady Steel
03-22-2015, 03:44 PM
Yeah, me, too... Nom nom nom...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nG-MGrnh8eM/UnkMhQEY_9I/AAAAAAAABEc/hHuKzLC_7MY/s1600/tumblr_inline_mo8al0OwwR1qimd9m.gif

:lol:

BigNastyDefense
03-22-2015, 05:48 PM
I don't really see where the Steelers could have improved much on defense in FA. There was no way they could have paid Revis what the Jets did. Outside of Revis, I wasn't a huge fan of the rest of the CB's in FA. None of them would have made a huge difference, IMO.

Mojouw
03-22-2015, 05:50 PM
I don't really see where the Steelers could have improved much on defense in FA. There was no way they could have paid Revis what the Jets did. Outside of Revis, I wasn't a huge fan of the rest of the CB's in FA. None of them would have made a huge difference, IMO.

Exactly. I would have liked to seen them make a run at a few of the others that hit the market, but not at the crazy guaranteed cash #'s that got given out.

BigNastyDefense
03-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Exactly. I would have liked to seen them make a run at a few of the others that hit the market, but not at the crazy guaranteed cash #'s that got given out.

Yep. Maybe they can get the Saints to trade Lewis, which would fill the CB need. That would allow them to go a few different directions in the first round, along with a proven NFL CB. I'd be all for that.

86WARD
03-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Saints just paid Allen...gave him a "new deal" to make him happy...I doubt they'd let him go now...