PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison: Steelers or Titans

zulater
03-21-2015, 05:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12532039/james-harrison-decide-pittsburgh-steelers-tennessee-titans?utm_campaign=snsdemo&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

PITTSBURGH -- James Harrison took to social media Saturday to announce he will decide between re-signing with the Pittsburgh Steelers or joining Dick LeBeau with the Tennessee Titans.

The five-time Pro Bowl outside linebacker posted a video on Instagram that featured his two young sons, with one saying he should return to the Steelers and the other saying he should sign with the Titans.

Harrison said he will "pray" before making a decision.
"The opinions of my support team are split, but for me, my love for the man who both started, and made my career what it is, is undeniable," Harrison wrote on Instagram. "There are no words that I can find that would do justice for everything Dick LeBeau has done for me & my career and nothing can compare to that!

"I also have a great amount of love for Steelers Nation & the Steelers organization. I'm going to pray on this and let God guide me in the right direction."

st33lersguy
03-21-2015, 05:19 PM
I may puke if he picks the Titans.

Steeldude
03-21-2015, 05:22 PM
I wonder if the Titans need him after signing two LBs recently?

If he plays here he would want to start and that's what should happen. There are rumors if the Steelers sign Harrison he will be a backup to Jones. That is completely moronic. Bench your best defender for a player who hasn't shown any promise.

zulater
03-21-2015, 05:36 PM
I wonder if the Titans need him after signing two LBs recently?

If he plays here he would want to start and that's what should happen. There are rumors if the Steelers sign Harrison he will be a backup to Jones. That is completely moronic. Bench your best defender for a player who hasn't shown any promise.

I didn't post the entire article, but presumably the Titans have an offer on the table, so I guess that would mean they want him?

Also I'm guessing James wouldn't lay this out like this if the Steelers didn't have an offer on the table too?

The need and potential for quality playing time seems greater in Pittsburgh. But the loyalty to LeBeau seems to be much greater than any he holds for the Steelers. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Count Steeler
03-21-2015, 05:51 PM
I read a different article and it seems that the LeBeau factor may sway his decision. Funny that Butler doesn't have that connection, considering he was the LB coach.

ALLD
03-21-2015, 05:52 PM
Maybe the Titans offered more $?

86WARD
03-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Could be another situation the Steelers botch...although it was a similar story before they re-signed Keisel...no?

Steeldude
03-21-2015, 06:04 PM
So the Steelers could go into the 2015 season without a starting caliber ROLB. No surprise there.

steelreserve
03-21-2015, 06:07 PM
Our team are morons for not having signed him already.

It's also hard for me to imagine him going to Tennessee to play for what is shaping up to be an awful team this year. 2-14 last season, no quarterback, no realistic chance of making the playoffs, would be lucky to finish 7-9. Going through all that for your last season is a hell of a lot to do because you like the assistant coach. At least in Pittsburgh you've got a chance of winning something, plus you don't have to move to a different state.

Dwinsgames
03-21-2015, 06:29 PM
I mentioned a month or so ago he could easily select the titans and people dismissed it saying no way ... well apparently there is a way ... said then lot of steelers ties on that teams coaching staff add Lebeau could be an insurmountable edge ... will wait and see but will respect whatever he decides after all we did let him go before if he lets us go this time around would not be surprised

86WARD
03-21-2015, 06:44 PM
I think there's an offer on the table from the Titans and nothing from the Steelers...not even a phone call...

I think Harrison is waiting and hoping for interest from Pittsburgh and the front office is figuring if they feel like they want to sign him, they'll just do it closer to training camp...at their convenience.

Steelman
03-21-2015, 07:41 PM
I seriously don't understand why we haven't signed him...there aren't any FA's worth looking at right now and we need some solidarity at OLB before the draft which is their usual MO, so I don't know why they're dragging their feet. James is in great shape and ready to play one more season. If they wait too long Tennessee will either drive up his asking price or sign him away.

SteelerFanInStl
03-21-2015, 08:36 PM
I'm sure that our FO will screw this up also. James should have been signed already after the way that he played last season.

salamander
03-21-2015, 09:01 PM
Yepp, $10 says this will be another thing that the Steelers will f*ck up but they'll still convince themselves that the defense doesn't need any help.

zulater
03-21-2015, 09:15 PM
I think there's an offer on the table from the Titans and nothing from the Steelers...not even a phone call...

I think Harrison is waiting and hoping for interest from Pittsburgh and the front office is figuring if they feel like they want to sign him, they'll just do it closer to training camp...at their convenience.

The way the story reads to me, it comes across as if both teams have an offer on the table. I believe James has too much pride to make up an offer that doesn't exist on some level. I'll take him at his word and I believe he's torn because of his tremendous loyalty to LeBeau .

Steeldude
03-21-2015, 09:55 PM
Don't worry, the Steelers have Jarvis Jones training via PS4 Madden. Because we all know the last thing Jones will do is step foot in the gym. Haha

86WARD
03-21-2015, 10:04 PM
The way the story reads to me, it comes across as if both teams have an offer on the table. I believe James has too much pride to make up an offer that doesn't exist on some level. I'll take him at his word and I believe he's torn because of his tremendous loyalty to LeBeau .

I'd like to believe that as well, but I just have a gut feeling that the Steelers are just taking their good old time and ideally, they could make the offer on their "terms"...you know...like Harrison has no other offers...

If they don't sign him, it will be a huge mistake!

86WARD
03-21-2015, 10:06 PM
Don't worry, the Steelers have Jarvis Jones training via PS4 Madden. Because we all know the last thing Jones will do is step foot in the gym. Haha

Lol. I'm willing to give him one more season...

Lady Steel
03-21-2015, 10:59 PM
After the way the Steelers have been dickin' around on this issue, I wouldn't blame Harrison one bit if he signed with the Titans. I wouldn't like it because I'd love to see him remain a Steeler for one more year, but I will support him 100% no matter his decision because at least I'll know that if he's not a Steeler, he will be with LeBeau who is more than worthy of Harrison's loyalty.

Psycho Ward 86
03-22-2015, 12:58 AM
Wow. If the steelers dont find a way to keep him around, this year's free agency period has officially been a failure. Yeah yeah yeah, I know championships arent built in free agency but guess what, for a team to build through the draft and be successful, you actually have to DRAFT WELL. We have mostly failed in that regard for quite some time, and havent used free agency to even cover up the holes.

I really thought the titans were an unlikely possibility james just because of how much he said he hated being away from his family while at Cincy, paired with the fact that he actually checked with his kids to come out of retirement. Guess I really underestimated dick lebeau's impact on him.

Steeldude
03-22-2015, 02:27 AM
It sounds to me like he will be playing for the Titans. Keep in mind that Kiesel, Taylor and Polamalu might all be gone. They were a deciding factor in Harrison's decision to play last year. Also, what if the Titans end up signing one or more of those players to their roster? The only thing to hope for is if Harrison agrees with his kids. Personally, I doubt that has much weight in his decision. I believe Lebeau's mentoring, fathering, coaching and companionship will be the nail in the coffin.

The Steelers have done an average/poor job via the draft and free agency. I see the trend continuing.

As for Butler, I am not holding my breath. You know, I have never heard a word spoken of Butler by any of the LBs.

One thing is for certain. The Steelers need a ROLB. I doubt Jones will be anything more than a body. The last pic I saw of Jones shows him to be smaller.

86WARD
03-22-2015, 05:57 AM
Wow. If the steelers dont find a way to keep him around, this year's free agency period has officially been a failure. Yeah yeah yeah, I know championships arent built in free agency but guess what, for a team to build through the draft and be successful, you actually have to DRAFT WELL. We have mostly failed in that regard for quite some time, and havent used free agency to even cover up the holes.

I really thought the titans were an unlikely possibility james just because of how much he said he hated being away from his family while at Cincy, paired with the fact that he actually checked with his kids to come out of retirement. Guess I really underestimated dick lebeau's impact on him.

Yeah...but sometimes they are built in free agency if a team needs only one or two players to boost them to the next level and the Steelers were at that stage where they could use a nice CB and LB to help them over that edge...

Dwinsgames
03-22-2015, 08:55 AM
As for Butler, I am not holding my breath. You know, I have never heard a word spoken of Butler by any of the LBs.

preaching to the choir

fansince'76
03-22-2015, 12:30 PM
He's staying. Thread closed.