PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers and personnel changes

7SteelGal43
03-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Was just talking to my brother about Ben's new deal, Brett leaving, signing DeAngelo, other recent Steeler departures/changes. Got to thinking about watching this type of thing throughout the years with my Steelers. It seems like whether I like or don't like the changes, the Steelers more often than not seem to put a team on the field that gets things done, it just....works. It always seems to work out and sometimes a bit later you see what a great move the Steelers made. Very few have bit us in the a**, unless you count the whole, you know, Kordell era.:tongue1: That's just my take anyway.

#proud2bsteelernation
#loveyabrett
#alwaysasteeler

BigNastyDefense
03-15-2015, 02:12 PM
The team got old, and got old quicker than I think many expected.

The Steelers signed a lot of vets defensively to make another run at a SB (which we lost to the Packers). We didn't have guys to step in and replace them when their bodies started to break down.

I remember Aaron Smith's final years in Pittsburgh, he got hurt and we didn't have an adequate replacement.

Kiesel, loved him. Gladly did the dirty work on the line knowing he wasn't going to get much glory. He knew Steeler Nation appreciated what he did, he knew we loved him. That was enough for him.

Polamalu, he's a future member of the Hall of Fame, should go in first ballot. It's time for him to go, and he's one of the players I never thought would have to be pushed out the door. I hope he decides to retire before the Steelers are forced to cut him.

I wouldn't be against bringing Harrison back because he still makes an impact on the field. But if the Steelers choose not to, that's understandable.

ALLD
03-15-2015, 06:20 PM
The last great team of all draft picks was the 1979 Steelers. Not one single FA or trade among them. You can't go home Dorothy, the game has changed.