PDA

View Full Version : Perrish Cox just signed with the Titans

SteelerFanInStl
03-14-2015, 04:01 PM
There goes pretty much the last FA CB worth signing.

Great lack of effort Steelers.

Steelman
03-14-2015, 04:05 PM
Damn. Guess that means we're pretty much stuck with Patrick Robinson. :doh:

st33lersguy
03-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Looks like our secondary will somehow get worse by the time the draft rolls around.

salamander
03-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Good job, Steelers. :ranger:

Hindes204
03-14-2015, 05:16 PM
It's all good, baseball season starts in a few weeks

Count Steeler
03-14-2015, 05:29 PM
My only explanation is that Tomlin and Colbert have a big blind spot in the secondary. Lebeau was only toeing the party line with his comment last year that our CBs were set.

Lest I forget, Thomas will be an awesome NT/DE this year and the secondary is going to use the Force to silence receivers.

st33lersguy
03-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Cut Keisel but not Can't Thomas and his disease infested Johnson, then all they are going to do to address the secondary before the draft is sign a first round draft bust? Is this a joke? I bet they wait til the 5th round to draft a corner again too.

X-Terminator
03-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Does anyone in the FO give a tinker's damn about the abyss they have in the secondary??? This is getting freaking ridiculous!

SteelerFanInStl
03-14-2015, 06:10 PM
Does anyone in the FO give a tinker's damn about the abyss they have in the secondary??? This is getting freaking ridiculous!

I don't think that they do and I'm damn well tired of it. They've ignored the secondary for so long and it just keeps getting worse and worse.

There were a number of good FA CBs that we could've signed for a decent amount and we just did nothing.

Psycho Ward 86
03-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Damn. Guess that means we're pretty much stuck with Patrick Robinson. :doh:

dont you worry, the FO will probably drop the ball on that too and let him slither away to another team

Bluecoat96
03-14-2015, 06:49 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/14/8111ac66fc4633be65fe4c2e972aa7ed.jpg

In all seriousness though, maybe there was more to Cortez Allen's issues being injury related than we realize. I would have liked to see them sign a cb, but it is what it is. We did get to 11-5 last year for crying out loud. Brice McCain is certainly replaceable. Take a deep breath.

Mojouw
03-14-2015, 06:56 PM
I don't think the passing on the chance to give a 29 year old mostly back-up corner for his relatively undecorated career 15 million dollars is the worst thing to happen to a franchise.

Most of the corners signed went for between 4-8 million per year with at least 2 north of 10 million. Maybe 2 of them will justify that deal.

I wanted to the Steelers to improve via FA, but am not going to complain that they didn't drastically overpay for guys who as early as next season will be viewed as catastrophically overpaid.

Robinson would be the most typical Steelers response to the situation. If not him, then Kyle Wilson.

86WARD
03-14-2015, 07:16 PM
They could trade for Keenan Allen? Trade for Millner? Pretty much shit the bed IMO on improving the back end of the defense. Even if they drafted the top two CBs...I still don't see them being that good...there's a learning curve and they screwed that up a while back.

salamander
03-14-2015, 07:29 PM
It's the fact that the Steelers have done nothing but ignore one of the team's most glaring problems.

Mojouw
03-14-2015, 08:01 PM
It is four days into the new league year. The Steelers missed out on overpaying a bunch of above average guys Pro Bowl money.

Now if it is August 14th and they still haven't addressed the situation, it will be a problem.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/51589/309/2015-nfl-free-agents?pg=2

Look at the CB contracts. Maybe Davon House has a chance of providing value of the life of his deal. That's about it.

Which one of those contracts would anyone prefer the Steelers took on?

salamander
03-14-2015, 09:04 PM
It's not just this year, it's the last couple of years. What exactly have the Steelers done in the recent past to fix their secondary? For one, they Wait until the 5th round to draft a CB that they ended up cutting.

jb500ex
03-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Apparently you havent seen Kyle wilson play. Signing him would be another step backwards

Dwinsgames
03-14-2015, 09:46 PM
Tramon Williams is still out there , sure he is aging but can still play he would work in the short term while we ready a rookie higher round selection

Mojouw
03-14-2015, 09:53 PM
What would you propose they should have done?

By many accounts they were looking at drafting Kyle Fuller. That likely would have helped. The other 1st round corner they had a shot at, Dennard, didn't really set the league on fire. Granted it was his rookie year. Time will tell if Shazier or Dennard was the better pick.

Certainly, to this point, Breeland looks to have been a better draft pick than Archer. So I guess we can really say that is a specific point where the Steelers passed on a player that would have helped the secondary to select a player that does not appear to have role on this team.

As for free agents, the did sign Mitchell. Maybe he was hurt last year. Maybe playing with basically two SS back there didn't work. Maybe he was over rated based on one good year with Carolina. But the team did try something. I am by no means saying that it worked, but to claim that they sat back and did nothing is untrue.

As for Kyle Wilson and Patrick Robinson sucking. That may be true. Remember McCain was rated as one of, if not the worst CB in the NFL prior to coming to Pittsburgh. Antwon Blake was seen as a career special teams guy. It seems that Carnell Lake is slowly building a reputation for getting the most out of not highly regarded players. Perhaps giving him the athletic potential of former 1st round pick in Robinson might not be a bad idea?

Nah. It is more likely that Colbert, Tomlin, and company are arrogant and/or asleep at the wheel and simply ignoring the secondary again.

Simple quuestion which FA corner would you have signed and who would you have cut to get their contract in?

- - - Updated - - -

Tramon Williams is still out there , sure he is aging but can still play he would work in the short term while we ready a rookie higher round selection

That is a great idea. Gotta figure the longer he stays on the market, the cheaper he gets.

Steeldude
03-15-2015, 05:35 AM
Looks like our secondary will somehow get worse by the time the draft rolls around.

Just wait, it will be worse when the regular season starts because there will be no pass rush. Without Harrison the Steelers do not have much in terms of getting to the QB. I seriously doubt J. Jones will do anything other than getting manhandled.

stillers4me
03-15-2015, 09:18 AM
I'm just as glad we didn't. Here is someone that actually was actually charged and I don't recall him getting any punishment from the league. This fan base and organization does not need the media dredging up and comparing situations at this point.

Cox was arrested on December 9, 2010, for felonious sexual assault and taken to a Douglas County jail. He was released on December 10 on a $50,000 bond. His sexual assault charges were classified as class three and class four felonies which carry a sentence of two years to life in prison. He faced a possible sentence of ten years to life if convicted.[16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perrish_Cox#cite_note-16) However, on March 2, 2012, Cox was found not guilty of sexual assault charges in Douglas County, Colorado criminal court.[17] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perrish_Cox#cite_note-17)

salamander
03-15-2015, 09:49 AM
I'm just as glad we didn't. Here is someone that actually was actually charged and I don't recall him getting any punishment from the league. This fan base and organization does not need the media dredging up and comparing situations at this point.

Ahh, I was unaware of that. Yeah, the Titans can have him.

stillers4me
03-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Ahh, I was unaware of that. Yeah, the Titans can have him.

Baggage we do not need.

X-Terminator
03-15-2015, 09:57 AM

Totally forgot about that. Well then, nevermind. The team still needs to do something about the secondary.

86WARD
03-15-2015, 06:38 PM

He's visiting Cleveland today...

86WARD
03-16-2015, 02:22 PM
Cleveland signed Williams today.