PDA

View Full Version : One Steeler LB retires, but could another join Titans?

Lady Steel
03-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Former Steelers linebacker Jason Worilds removed himself as an option for the Titans when he removed himself from the game.

Worilds is retiring. He made the announcement on Tuesday night.

It was setback for the Titans, who were strongly interested in the pass rusher, considering by many to be one of the top options available in free agency.

The Titans are looking at other options. Derrick Morgan remains in play, even though he's visiting the Falcons today and has another visit planned for the Buccaneers. The Titans want Morgan back.

Former Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo is also visiting with the Titans. Other options remain available in free agency.

One of them is another former Steeler — linebacker James Harrison.

The 12-year veteran is training for his 13th season. His agent said he'd love to play for the Titans, who hired his longtime defensive coordinator, Dick LeBeau.

"We are certainly interested,'' agent Bill Parise said. "James feels very, very strongly about coach LeBeau. And I know Dick feels the same way. It's a natural thing. I'm sure the Steelers are still in play, too. It will probably be one of those. I hope it's one of those. We are not ruling anybody out, but the two logical fits are Tennessee and Pittsburgh. Those are the team teams that make the most sense."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/titansinsider/2015/03/11/titans-james-harrison-jason-worilds-steelers/70146740/

salamander
03-11-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm going to be pissed if the Steelers don't bring back Harrison.

Lady Steel
03-11-2015, 11:30 AM
I'm going to be pissed if the Steelers don't bring back Harrison.

Me, too!

polamalubeast
03-11-2015, 11:34 AM
I would not be surprised if the Steelers are not interested to have Harrison back

Sometimes the steelers are very stubborn

salamander
03-11-2015, 11:37 AM
I would not be surprised if the Steelers are not interested to have Harrison back

Sometimes the steelers are very stubborn

Lately it seems they do stuff a lot that doesn't make sense versus actually doing what does make sense.

polamalubeast
03-11-2015, 11:39 AM
I can be wrong, but I think Harrison will not be back with the steelers

Steelman
03-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Effing FO!

Lady Steel
03-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Let's not get too excited just yet. Parise hasn't heard from the Titans as of this time.

Parise hasn't heard from the Titans yet – free agency just opened on Tuesday. He's hoping to have more clarity in the coming weeks.

But as he goes on to say, "It just makes an awful lot of sense."

86WARD
03-11-2015, 11:55 AM
You snooze, you lose and it appears that Colbert is in a deep sleep...

one side only
03-11-2015, 12:04 PM
With Worilds retiring, and the best OLBs already signed by someone else, why not sign Harrison? At worst, he doesn't make the team. At best, he starts ahead of Jones or Moats. Somewhere in the middle, he's a great situational pass rusher and fan favorite. It won't break the bank to do it, so why not?

LLT
03-11-2015, 12:25 PM
With Worilds retiring, and the best OLBs already signed by someone else, why not sign Harrison? At worst, he doesn't make the team. At best, he starts ahead of Jones or Moats. Somewhere in the middle, he's a great situation pass rusher and fan favorite. It won't break the bank to do it, so why not?

He might end up starting over either of them...but the plan would be to sign him for depth.

smokin3000gt
03-11-2015, 12:43 PM
It might not be up to the FO. We all know how JH feels about Dick and I wouldn't be surprised in the least for him to sign with the Titans. In fact, if the Titans will have him (and I think they will) we can color James 'gone'.

steelreserve
03-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Going to play for a completely different team in a different city, with completely different players, on a mediocre team, and probably not for a whole lot more money? I thought Harrison tried that once and hated it. Hard to believe he'd do a complete 180 because one of the coaches is the same, and he isn't technically even a coach.

Sounds more like a bunch of BS from his agent to pump up the Steelers' contract offer - or at the very least, to get them off their asses now instead of a quarter of the way through the season.

st33lersguy
03-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Letting Brice McCain would be one thing, letting James Harrison walk would piss me the f*** off

Hawkman
03-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Going to play for a completely different team in a different city, with completely different players, on a mediocre team, and probably not for a whole lot more money? I thought Harrison tried that once and hated it. Hard to believe he'd do a complete 180 because one of the coaches is the same, and he isn't technically even a coach.

Sounds more like a bunch of BS from his agent to pump up the Steelers' contract offer - or at the very least, to get them off their asses now instead of a quarter of the way through the season.

I tend to be in this camp......and we really don't have any idea what influence LeBeau has on personel. If the Titans take him now, he's gotta do Mini camps, camp and pre season. Oh Boy for him. I wonder how tight James was with Butler.

Psycho Ward 86
03-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Wow. People are just eating that agent's words up like its set in stone.

That's just agent talk people. He just wants Pittsburgh to fear losing him and not lowball him. We arent in a position of leverage after all so why wouldnt he?

Or have people already forgotten what a huge ass deal it was for James Harrison to not be away from his kids in Pittsburgh any longer? Thats one of the reasons he made his retirement and returned...after asking his kids.

James isnt choosing Dick over his kids. If he somehow ends up in Tennesee, its because they gave him an offer he cant refuse

Steeldude
03-11-2015, 10:44 PM
So basically the Steelers will probably go into the 2105 season without a proven and/or above average OLB.

Harrison should have signed already. Do they really think Jones is the answer? I realize Harrison is temporary, but it doesn't look like Jones is going to amount to anything. He won't get better because he doesn't want to put the work in to get better. At least that is what I gathered in his last interview.

86WARD
03-12-2015, 06:26 AM
Just Harrison's work ethic and presence was worth the money last season....

steelreserve
03-12-2015, 11:14 AM
So basically the Steelers will probably go into the 2105 season without a proven and/or above average OLB.

We'll probably have found one by then. We might still not have a nose tackle by 2105, though.

I don't think it's smart to write Jones off so soon. Remember he's basically played his rookie season plus three games. He sucked the first year, like a lot of players do. Last year I thought he showed flashes until he got hurt. He certainly doesn't have the same look as outright failures like Ziggy Hood, Curtis Brown, Dri Archer, Ricardo Colclough, etc. He ought to get a legitimate shot this year; it'll be the first real one he's had.