PDA

View Full Version : Column: A decision that’s truly Worilds apart

stillers4me
03-11-2015, 05:38 AM
“I don’t know. What do you think will happen?”
It was nearing midnight at Heinz Field on the fourth of January, and most of the Steelers were still peeling off the sweat and the sting of getting steamrolled out of the playoffs by the rival Ravens. Big men were brought to their knees. Steve McLendon wept. Willie Gay stared silently at the floor. James Harrison, Troy Polamalu and Ike Taylor buttoned each button ever so slowly, visibly aware each might be the last.

And Jason Worilds, as ever, worried.
As the media crowded around the fading elders, I took a detour to the stall marked No. 93, where its occupant sat on a stool and gazed at the equipment he’d removed much later than most. And I asked the man, given that he was about to become a free agent, what he thought management might do.
He gave the above answer, which bears repeating because it speaks so much about him.
“I don’t know. What do you think will happen?”..................

Read more @ http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2015/03/11/column-a-decision-worilds-apart/

fansince'76
03-11-2015, 05:43 AM
This is much more in line with Worilds’ call than the one made by Willis. Worilds wasn’t declining at all. As Kevin Colbert was telling me just a couple of weeks ago, the Steelers saw him as very much a “player on the ascent.” He wasn’t as effective this past season, with only 7.5 sacks, as the previous one, but it’s a tough stance to dispute.

A "declining" Willis is more than likely still light years better than Worilds ever has been or ever will be, even on his best day. That's the difference. I'm as much of a Steelers homer as anybody, but let's get real here, shall we?

katmandu
03-11-2015, 09:00 AM
I had a nightmare last night that Jason Worilds retired, gave away all his money to become a Monk !