PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent LB Jason Worilds Slowly Running Out Of Possible Suitors

polamalubeast
03-09-2015, 03:43 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/03/steelers-free-agent-lb-jason-worilds-slowly-running-out-of-possible-suitors/

Psycho Ward 86
03-09-2015, 03:46 PM
he seemed to infer after the end of the season that he didnt like dick lebeau's usage of him, so if it really is between the titans and us, we might be able to reel him back in for a reasonable price

86WARD
03-09-2015, 03:47 PM
No thanks.

Steeldude
03-09-2015, 03:50 PM
I would seriously lowball him.

If they do sign him they will probably forget bringing back Harrison. Are the Steelers stupid enough to not re-sign Harrison? That will be two years in a row of sheer stupidity.

Steelman
03-09-2015, 03:51 PM
I would seriously lowball him.

If they do sign him they will probably forget bringing back Harrison. Are the Steelers stupid enough to not re-sign Harrison? That will be two years in a row of sheer stupidity.

Harrison's no lock to even make the roster, but at this point even if we did bring back Worilds, our OLB depth is pretty thin. Still room for Harrison.

Count Steeler
03-09-2015, 03:52 PM
I'm guessing Tomlin's pride kicks in at 6 mil for 5 years.

Dwinsgames
03-09-2015, 03:57 PM
I don't want him at any price to be honest .. he has proven to me that he is all about the money and when he has it his effort is nil ...

I would rather have James Harrison at twice the money on a 1 year deal , that way I know I am at the very least getting effort

jb500ex
03-09-2015, 04:31 PM
I've been saying it from the beginning the jets will pay him big money and let them

smokin3000gt
03-09-2015, 05:07 PM
I don't want him at any price to be honest .. he has proven to me that he is all about the money and when he has it his effort is nil ...

I would rather have James Harrison at twice the money on a 1 year deal , that way I know I am at the very least getting effort

This.

Psycho Ward 86
03-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Harrison's no lock to even make the roster, but at this point even if we did bring back Worilds, our OLB depth is pretty thin. Still room for Harrison.

Hahahaha. Nah he would definitely be a lock to make the roster.

Steeldude
03-09-2015, 06:07 PM

How would the best defender on the team not make the roster?

SteelerFanInStl
03-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Hahahaha. Nah he would definitely be a lock to make the roster.

How would the best defender on the team not make the roster?

Exactly! I'm not sure where that sentiment is coming from. Anyone that watched this defense last year saw the immediate impact that James had.

I wish that he was signed already.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with you. I don't want to see Worilds back, period.

86WARD
03-09-2015, 08:45 PM

THIS THIS THIS

Steelman
03-09-2015, 08:49 PM
I guess I wasn't clear on my statement, I wasn't referring to James' physical ability to play-- we all witnessed that. It's the FO's apparent disregard for it. I personally think he'll play in 2015, and play well (dude's been TEARING up the weight room) but I still think the FO is going to be stubborn about signing him due to age rather than need. I hope I'm wrong.

Mojouw
03-09-2015, 09:04 PM
I bet Worilds has more sacks in 2015 than James Harrison.

st33lersguy
03-09-2015, 09:59 PM
The titans can have him

Jaucer
03-09-2015, 10:01 PM
I bet Worilds has more sacks in 2015 than James Harrison.

Maybe so, but stats are the worst thing that ever happened to professional sports. If Harrison or whomever else pushes the pocket and forces the QB to move toward they player that gets the sack then really who was the one responsible? Stats only mean shit, just as stupid quotes by the media mean shit. It all comes down to context. There is no comparison to watching film and seeing who really is the impact player and who just merely benefits from that impact.

Mojouw
03-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Maybe so, but stats are the worst thing that ever happened to professional sports. If Harrison or whomever else pushes the pocket and forces the QB to move toward they player that gets the sack then really who was the one responsible? Stats only mean shit, just as stupid quotes by the media mean shit. It all comes down to context. There is no comparison to watching film and seeing who really is the impact player and who just merely benefits from that impact.

Excellent point. I was just feeling a bit trolly tonight.

steelreserve
03-10-2015, 11:08 AM

My thoughts exactly. He was totally invisible for about 14 of the 16 games last season. Even though he had decent sack numbers, all but a couple of them were right-place-right-time sacks, that any average to below-average player would've gotten simply by lining up at the position. He rarely affected the play.

In my opinion, he was the seventh-best linebacker on the team last year. Timmons, Harrison, Shazier when healthy, Moats, Spence - all were more effective than him, hands-down. Even Jones was making more of a difference until he got hurt and was basically not used for the rest of the season. There is no point - NONE - in bringing back a guy like that.

polamalubeast
03-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Jason Worilds has clear idea what he wants. Both Steelers, Giants think that price too high. Told: "We're not paying $1 million per sack."

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/575358652095283201

Shoes
03-10-2015, 01:49 PM
My thoughts exactly. He was totally invisible for about 14 of the 16 games last season. Even though he had decent sack numbers, all but a couple of them were right-place-right-time sacks, that any average to below-average player would've gotten simply by lining up at the position. He rarely affected the play.

In my opinion, he was the seventh-best linebacker on the team last year. Timmons, Harrison, Shazier when healthy, Moats, Spence - all were more effective than him, hands-down. Even Jones was making more of a difference until he got hurt and was basically not used for the rest of the season. There is no point - NONE - in bringing back a guy like that.

Agreed, this guy shows up for 2-3 games per season, with more money he won't show up at all. I'll be happy to see him go and he can take *Where's the Clorox Cam*with him.