PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Regular season thread

Hindes204
03-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Spring training has begun, optimism for the Buccos is off the charts. Will this be the year? Does Polanco reach his potential? Does Cole take his rightful place as the ace? What happens with Pedro at first? Kang...who knows? Can Cervelli fill the big shoes left by Martin?

All questions I cant wait to see answered.

Just about a month to go

LETS GO BUCCOS!!!!!

Lady Steel
03-05-2015, 07:29 PM
LET'S GO BUCS!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iYRCB0eMO3o/Uk17395WDCI/AAAAAAAArwU/dtXv5q8SNv0/s1600/Pirate.gif

TD's & Beer
03-05-2015, 07:37 PM
LET'S GO BUCS!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iYRCB0eMO3o/Uk17395WDCI/AAAAAAAArwU/dtXv5q8SNv0/s1600/Pirate.gif

I never knew you were a Buccos fan

I got some 1960s Pirate pendants I found in a dusty box this year...it's like treasure

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/Image01.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/Image02-1.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/Image08.jpg

I got cheap tickets to Bradenton training camp....I know some guys

Lady Steel
03-05-2015, 08:22 PM
I never knew you were a Buccos fan

I got some 1960s Pirate pendants I found in a dusty box this year...it's like treasure

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/Image01.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/Image02-1.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/Image08.jpg

I got cheap tickets to Bradenton training camp....I know some guys

I love our Steelers, but I'm a baseball girl at heart.

Very nice collection. Just go ahead and send all that to me. I promise I'll treasure it always. :)

Keeping my eye on Josh Bell who is with the Altoona Curve. I didn't get to see him play at the games I attended last Summer, but I'm going to keep going until I do.

Enjoy your time at Bradenton. I'm jelly. Be sure to cheer on our Buccos and take lots of pics.

ETA: Oh, and the Pirate Parrot followed me on Twitter today. I'm a happy girl! http://randomtopics.org/images/smilies/giggle%20girl.gif

Lady Steel
03-05-2015, 08:44 PM
ROOT SPORTS ANNOUNCES 2015 PITTSBURGH PIRATES TELEVISION SCHEDULE

http://pittsburgh.rootsports.com/2015/03/05/root-sports-announces-2015-pittsburgh-pirates-television-schedule/

Hindes204
03-05-2015, 09:00 PM
I played baseball as a kid so I've always been partial to baseball. I've been watching the Buccos religiously since I was a kid. I missed it bad when I joined the military, but then the invention of MLB.coms streaming service came on board. Haven't missed many games since. Watched almost every game through many many bad years. It's been fun the past 5 years or so watching this team grow and snatch up a string of promising prospects.

watched more games at three rivers than I can count. Joined the military in 2000 so I haven't been to PNC all that many times, but I've watched them in stadiums around the country when I could.

any way, not sure how I got off on that tangent, just excited for baseball season I guess

TD's & Beer
03-06-2015, 06:34 AM
Oh, and the Pirate Parrot followed me on Twitter today. I'm a happy girl! http://randomtopics.org/images/smilies/giggle%20girl.gif

you sexy thang

oh it was 'pennants' I meant to say...not a word I use very much in your English - my family has roots in Poland you know, we're immigrants

Lady Steel
03-14-2015, 07:36 PM
My Buccos are on ROOT tomorrow afternoon @ 1:00 PM! :applaudit:

Lady Steel
03-15-2015, 11:18 PM
The Buccos win it 4-2 against the O's. World Series or Bust! http://randomtopics.org/images/smilies/giggle%20girl.gif

X-Terminator
03-16-2015, 08:28 AM
Um, yeah. This team isn't getting to the World Series. This isn't me being negative, this is me being a realist, based on what I see from the roster. Their major question marks in their rotation will be what ultimately holds them back. I still think catcher is weak, and we have absolutely no idea whether or not Pedro will be productive at the plate the way he was 2 years ago.

They will be a good team, a winning team again, but they don't have enough to get to the next level. Not yet.

Hindes204
03-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Um, yeah. This team isn't getting to the World Series. This isn't me being negative, this is me being a realist, based on what I see from the roster. Their major question marks in their rotation will be what ultimately holds them back. I still think catcher is weak, and we have absolutely no idea whether or not Pedro will be productive at the plate the way he was 2 years ago.

They will be a good team, a winning team again, but they don't have enough to get to the next level. Not yet.

Liriano, Cole, Burnett, Morton, and Worley/Locke is far from a major question mark. That's a pretty decent rotation. Cervelli is doing good things so far, he's actually better at framing pitches than Martin was (one of his best assets). As far as Pedro, you're right, nobody knows. But him platooning with Hart isn't terrible, just decent. We also have the best outfield in the league IMO. And who knows what'll happen with Kang, he could be quite a surprise. He's already showed off his power and had a hell of a defensive game from third yesterday

X-Terminator
03-16-2015, 06:50 PM
Liriano, Cole, Burnett, Morton, and Worley/Locke is far from a major question mark. That's a pretty decent rotation. Cervelli is doing good things so far, he's actually better at framing pitches than Martin was (one of his best assets). As far as Pedro, you're right, nobody knows. But him platooning with Hart isn't terrible, just decent. We also have the best outfield in the league IMO. And who knows what'll happen with Kang, he could be quite a surprise. He's already showed off his power and had a hell of a defensive game from third yesterday

Burnett and Morton do not give me much confidence. Liriano and Cole will be solid, and I think whoever gets the #5 gig will be OK. That 3 and 4 hole though...

Sorry, I just am not sold on Cervelli at all. Think he's a big downgrade from Martin, and I still believe the Pirates should have given Martin the extra year.

I have no problem platooning Hart and Pedro, but they need some semblance of the 2013 Pedro, and none of the 2014 Pedro at the plate. He is the biggest X-factor going into this season, more so than Kang (who has been impressive so far, but I still question whether he can do it consistently at the ML level).

Hindes204
03-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Burnett and Morton do not give me much confidence. Liriano and Cole will be solid, and I think whoever gets the #5 gig will be OK. That 3 and 4 hole though...

Sorry, I just am not sold on Cervelli at all. Think he's a big downgrade from Martin, and I still believe the Pirates should have given Martin the extra year.

I have no problem platooning Hart and Pedro, but they need some semblance of the 2013 Pedro, and none of the 2014 Pedro at the plate. He is the biggest X-factor going into this season, more so than Kang (who has been impressive so far, but I still question whether he can do it consistently at the ML level).

not worried much about Morton, I think AJ will be the weak link. I'm hoping he can string together one more good year. He played hurt all last season and it showed. Also, don't be surprised if you see Taillon this summer as part of the rotation.

Cervelli will suprise a lot of people, if he can stay healthy. I like him a lot actually, and think the Buccos would have been insane to pay Martin what he wanted.

pedro is a big concern of mine. We know he has the talent, but he's kind of a basket case, so we will just have to wait and see

Lady Steel
03-16-2015, 08:49 PM
The Pirates' pitchers are on record saying they trust in Cervelli. I think he will be just fine.

http://m.pirates.mlb.com/news/article/111808310/francisco-cervelli-earning-rave-reviews-from-pittsburgh-pirates-pitchers

Pedro is a question mark for all of us.

Buccos being televised on ROOT tomorrow afternoon @ 1:00 PM against the Astros. Happy St. Patrick's Day! http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/customavatars/avatar26765_380.gif

Lady Steel
03-18-2015, 11:53 AM
The Altoona Curve's Steamer got a boo-boo today when he fell down the stairs on his way to see his new 4-wheeler. He was heavily favoring his left arm and appeared to be in serious pain. :(

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for Steamer. Get well soon!

X-Terminator
03-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Buster Olney of BSPN is picking the Pirates to win the World Series. Good Lord, is this team being over-hyped. I know I should be happy, but I'm sorry, I'm still a major skeptic. I'm not 100% sure if they're even the best team in the division.

Yeah, I know, I'm too negative. But I can't help it. Besides, I am negative by nature. Expect the worst in everything and everyone.

Hindes204
03-20-2015, 05:57 PM
I truly believe they have a legitimate shot at it. I think the cards have the edge as of now, a lot depends on polanco and Pedro. Lirianos slider seems to be back after a hiatus last year, that will make him dangerous. Cole will have another great year and the rest of the rotation with Cumpton, aj, and Worley should be good enough (Locke is not looking so good). I know I keep saying this but cervelli will suprise a lot of people. And Kang.......who knows

i bet the division will be decided by one or two games.

Lady Steel
03-21-2015, 11:23 AM
Our Buccos are on ROOT today at 1:00 PM vs. Boston.

LET'S GO BUCS!

Hindes204
03-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Liriano is looking very good. The Pedro/Hart platoon is also working great. Cervelli seems to be gelling it's the pitchers and has the bat to back himself up. I think the only question mark left is Polanco.

X-Terminator
03-21-2015, 09:05 PM
I truly believe they have a legitimate shot at it. I think the cards have the edge as of now, a lot depends on polanco and Pedro. Lirianos slider seems to be back after a hiatus last year, that will make him dangerous. Cole will have another great year and the rest of the rotation with Cumpton, aj, and Worley should be good enough (Locke is not looking so good). I know I keep saying this but cervelli will suprise a lot of people. And Kang.......who knows

i bet the division will be decided by one or two games.

Cumpton had Tommy John surgery, so he's not in the mix. Basically the 5th spot comes down to Worley and Locke, and right now, Worley has the inside track. Loser goes to the bullpen.

Hindes204
03-22-2015, 05:04 AM
Cumpton had Tommy John surgery, so he's not in the mix. Basically the 5th spot comes down to Worley and Locke, and right now, Worley has the inside track. Loser goes to the bullpen.

i must have been drinking when I wrote that, lol. I meant Morton. And yes, I think Worley gets the fifth spot

X-Terminator
03-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Well, Morton got shelled again today, which means now they have a major problem on their hands. This rotation is very top-heavy already, and now they don't have a reliable #3 starter. I'm not going to get into the couldas, shouldas, and wouldas. They NEED Morton to come around in order to take pressure off of Cole and Liriano and give them a top-3 that teams will respect. At this stage of his career, Burnett is not and cannot be that guy. He's a #4, and that's it.

Lady Steel
03-25-2015, 12:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLJX5VdKvWE&feature=youtu.be

Boh
03-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Beat me to the thread this year! Going to Camden April 12th!

Hindes204
03-26-2015, 09:16 PM
Beat me to the thread this year! Going to Camden April 12th!

Lol, as cool as you are Boh, having a guy from Baltimore start this thread just seems wrong, so I got on it early

Lady Steel
03-31-2015, 12:33 AM
It looks like I'm not the only one who takes these exhibition games so seriously. :lol:

Pirates Notebook: Steelers coach Tomlin keeps up with Hurdle, team

Tempers flare in game

What started as Sean Rodriguez’s frustration with not being granted time at the plate morphed into a benches-clearing incident Monday between the Pirates and the Philadelphia Phillies.

Rodriguez was apparently upset that Phillies pitcher Kevin Slowey might have tried to quick-pitch him in the bottom of the fourth, and that home-plate umpire Chad Fairchild did not grant Rodriguez time when he called for it. Rodriguez shouted at Slowey after striking out, then again when they crossed paths after the next half-inning. Francisco Cervelli eventually had to restrain Rodriguez, and though the benches and bullpens emptied, there was no pushing, and no one threw any punches.

“If you feel like you’re quick-pitched, and the umps don’t have to give you time … again, it’s over,” Hurdle said.

Pirates first-base coach Rick Sofield and Phillies first-base coach Juan Samuel got into it and were ejected. Phillies bench coach Larry Bowa shouted back and forth with a fan near the Phillies’ dugout. Hurdle was later ejected for arguing balls and strikes.

Rodriguez and Sofield declined to comment.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pirates/2015/03/30/Pittsburgh-Steelers-coach-Mike-Tomlin-visits-Pirates-spring-training/stories/201503300130

Hindes204
03-31-2015, 04:19 AM
Getting down to the wire, guys are trying to make the team still, it's pretty high stakes for these guys. On another note, Pedro seems to be back to his old form, very good sign. Also, Cervelli is fitting in nicely, with his batting and his defense...if he stays healthy, I think he will work out great.

on the bad side, after a few weeks of games, I'm starting to side with X-Terminator. Our rotation worries me. Really need Cole to step up and be the guy everyone thinks he can be. And Morton, he is not looking good out there, so we may have to rely on AJ as the #3. As much as I want AJ to bounce back from last year, I have my concerns. Worley and Locke are average. So unless morton gets his shit together, and Liriano, AJ, and Cole have great years, we will struggle down the stretch with this crew.

taillon may make his debut this year, but I don't think he will be a game changer as of yet.

X-Terminator
03-31-2015, 08:31 AM
Unless something is done, starting pitching is what will ultimately keep this team from winning the division. I don't think they'll have too much trouble offensively, though. Their lineup is looking pretty solid.

Hindes204
03-31-2015, 07:31 PM
Unless something is done, starting pitching is what will ultimately keep this team from winning the division. I don't think they'll have too much trouble offensively, though. Their lineup is looking pretty solid.

Polanco and Pedro both look very good, if they can contribute consistently, we may be able to get by with the pitchers we have.

Lady Steel
04-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Our Buccos on ROOT tonight @ 7:05 PM vs. Phillies.

X-Terminator
04-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Opening Day roster is set.

Starting Lineup:

1. Harrison 3B
2. Polanco RF
3. McCutchen CF
4. Walker 2B
5. Marte LF
6. Alvarez 1B
7. Cervelli C
8. Mercer SS

That lineup, if they stay healthy and are on their games, is as good as anyone in the NL, maybe in the majors. Like I said before, offense should not be an issue with this team.

Bench:

Hart 1B/OF
Lambo OF/1B
Kang IF
Rodriguez IF
Sanchez C

Meh. Would be much better if they hadn't traded Snider. Neither Lambo nor Kang have shown any ability to hit ML pitching consistently. It's better than running guys like Morel and Martinez out there, but still, not good enough.

Starting Pitchers:

1. Liriano
2. Cole
3. Burnett
4. Locke
5. Worley

This is their biggest Achilles' heel. It's an OK rotation, but unfortunately, "OK" won't be good enough if they want to take the Cardinals down and win the division.

Bullpen:

Caminero
Liz
Bastardo
Watson
Hughes
Scahill
Melancon (closer)

Looks pretty darn solid. A LOT of big arms. Liz and Caminero can both touch triple-digits on the fastball. Watson and Scahill can both reach the mid-90s.

Morton and Stewart will begin the season on the DL.

Hindes204
04-05-2015, 05:13 PM
No surprises in the starting lineup. It'll be interesting to see Walker as cleanup for a while. The cleanup batter destroyed us last year leaving a ridiculous amount of men on base.

I think Hart is just as good as Snyder, so I don't see losing Snyder as a huge deal.

Starting pitchers...I agree, good, not great. Little worried about it actually.

love the bullpen. Caminero has a rocket arm, I like him.

salamander
04-05-2015, 06:40 PM
I'm liking the starting lineup. I'm not blown away by the starting pitching, but I'll hold off judgement for now.

Lady Steel
04-05-2015, 11:29 PM
I'm so Buc'n excited I can barely stand it! LETS GO BUCS!!!

Hindes204
04-06-2015, 11:46 AM
Finally!!!!!!!!

the day is here

X-Terminator
04-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Games like today are why I love baseball. Sucks that the Pirates lost, but it was a good game to watch. Both teams showed a lot of mettle. Can't ask for more than that on Opening Day.

Hindes204
04-06-2015, 09:56 PM
Games like today are why I love baseball. Sucks that the Pirates lost, but it was a good game to watch. Both teams showed a lot of mettle. Can't ask for more than that on Opening Day.

Absolutely agree! I'm not even mad we lost. Liriano looked very good. Cueto pitched a hell of a game, we couldn't get anything off of him. Cutch came through when he needed to. And an all star had a rough outing on the mound, those things happen. I knew it was over when chapman hit the mound, that dude is deadly

Lady Steel
04-07-2015, 01:26 PM
It really was a good game, but I was still a sad Pirate because they lost. Cueto needed to go sit down. :chuckle: Man, I wouldn't mind the Buccos getting their hands on him, that's for sure.

Lady Steel
04-08-2015, 11:30 AM

He's in it for the long haul. JHayHay, all day, yay! :applaudit:

X-Terminator
04-08-2015, 11:59 AM
That is a great deal for the Pirates. Hopefully Harrison doesn't turn out to be a one-year wonder. Not many will work harder than him, that's for sure.

Hindes204
04-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Good for JayHay, he's earned it, glad to see they got it done.

X-Terminator
04-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Swept by the Reds. Oh well, season's over.

Just kidding! Ask the Brewers if they'd rather have been hot in September last season, rather than hot in April.

vader29
04-09-2015, 04:14 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2lu9kxi.png

:chuckle:

zulater
04-09-2015, 05:15 PM
What a terrible week for a Pittsburgh sports fan. Penguins in complete free fall. LeVeon Bell suspended for the first 3 games of the upcoming season. And the Pirates stumbling out of the block like this. Yes I know it's a long season. But losing 3 straight one run games could easily start a season long trend. Teams that do well in 1 run games usually stay in the playoff hunt throughout the season. Teams that can't get out of their own way in one run games fall out of it early.

Confidence is a funny thing. Get tight early because you can't catch a break and the losing perpetuates itself.

They need a good series this weekend.

Lady Steel
04-09-2015, 10:57 PM
I'm not worried about the Bucs whatsoever. They have 159 more games, and Cutch is the leader and face of the franchise, not some crybaby pussy. Just sayin'.

Lady Steel
04-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Yeehaaw! Bucs win their first game of the season! 6-2 against the Booers! Raise it! :jolly:

Hindes204
04-11-2015, 11:01 AM
Hopefully Cutch's knee is nothing serious, you could tell he was uncomfortable out there even before he benched himself

X-Terminator
04-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Cutch is one of the guys on this team that they can't afford to lose for any length of time. I don't want Corey Hart having to play RF full-time with bad knees. Needless to say, the other 2 they absolutely can't afford to lose at all are Liriano and Cole. If either of them goes down, the Pirates are screwed. They don't have a Volquez this season to pick up the slack.

X-Terminator
04-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Cutch back in the lineup today, the Bucs smack down the Brewers 10-2 to take the series. Just wish they could have won one of those games in Cincinnati.

3 Ks for Polanco today (sandwiched around 2 hits and an RBI) and Marte gets the Golden Sombrero (4 K). Both have been striking out a TON to start the season. I expect them to turn it around soon, though. 6 games is hardly a trend.

Onward to the home opener tomorrow. I actually wish I was going now, since I won't have to work until 4 PM. I'm thinking about softening my stance toward Nutting and attend a few games this season. I still hate that carpetbagging, lying asshole though and REALLY don't want to give him any of my money. But at the same time, I really would like to watch this team in person.

Lady Steel
04-13-2015, 02:29 AM
I think you should go to the home opener and have fun, XT. I would be there if I didn't have to work, but weather permitting, I will be going to a game very soon.

Lady Steel
04-13-2015, 11:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9PjypI4cOk

LET'S GO BUCS!

X-Terminator
04-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Pirates win their home opener, but damn if Melancon didn't almost give it away. The Pirates were up 5-1 in the 9th, and he gives up 2 doubles and a HR to make it 5-4. I know it's early, and it's only one game, but I'm already thinking about them turning the closer duties over to Caminero. The dude's a right-handed version of Aroldis Chapman and is built to be a closer. Make Melancon the 8th inning guy, splitting duties with Watson.

Hindes204
04-13-2015, 05:14 PM
If like to see Caminero a little more before I form an opinion on closer duties. He's struggled with control in the past, so I want to see him consistently pitching strikes first

Lady Steel
04-14-2015, 11:27 PM
Disappointing loss tonight. Only three hits. Gotta get those bats crackin'.

Lady Steel
04-17-2015, 09:07 PM
:jolly:

Great game tonight! Let's hope they keep it up tomorrow night as I'll be at PNC Park cheering them on. I. Can't. Wait!!!

X-Terminator
04-17-2015, 09:25 PM
They are really struggling offensively, something I didn't anticipate at the start of the season. But it is only April, so I fully expect the bats to heat up right along with the weather. At least the pitching, aside from a couple of bad outings, has been stellar.

Hindes204
04-18-2015, 06:50 AM
I'm with you XT, before the season I figured it would be the opposite, pitching struggles with a ton of offense. Instead it's been great pitching and zero offense. Last night they started hitting, it was nice to see finally. But like you said, it's only april, they have plenty of time to get thier shit together

Lady Steel
04-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Had a great time at the game last night. Locke's performance was exceptional, we par-tayed when Mar-te blasted a 3 run homer, and it was sweet justice when Caminero got some revenge for Cutch. The Pens won, as well. I must be their lucky charm. http://www.retrojunkie.com/gif/3-smiley-giggle.gif

All aboard the Cole Train! Let's hope we can get that first sweep this afternoon.

Lady Steel
04-19-2015, 03:17 PM
Yeah, baby! :jolly:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/daisyseven1/animated_broom.gif

Hindes204
04-19-2015, 09:17 PM
They are finally looking good offensivly, nice to see all three facets coming together

X-Terminator
04-20-2015, 11:24 AM
I sure hope the Bucs don't take the Cubs lightly. They are a very dangerous team with all of that young talent in the lineup. They DO strike out a ton though, so that may help them. Looking for at least a split.

TD's & Beer
04-21-2015, 10:23 AM
ker-pow, that net sure stretches

good thing she was facing away or her face would be destroyed

https://vine.co/v/eaAjxD7gPeu

Lady Steel
04-21-2015, 12:25 PM
Ouch!

She was released from the hospital. Glad she's going to be okay, but I bet she has a big 'ol goose egg.

Hindes204
04-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Kang just belted a bases loaded, base clearing double!!! And they intentionally walked Marte to get to him....good for his confidence, I'm happy for him

now if the bullpen can just pull their heads out of thier asses we can go away with a win

annnnnnnd first Cub up.....home run

this game is driving me crazy

steelerdude15
04-21-2015, 08:49 PM
Kang just belted a bases loaded, base clearing double!!!

Hopefully they can pull this one out tonight.

Hindes204
04-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Hopefully they can pull this one out tonight.

You replied too soon, I was in the middle of editing, lol

steelerdude15
04-21-2015, 08:52 PM
You replied too soon, I was in the middle of editing, lol

I just saw a replay of your previous post. He was so close to having a grand slam.

vader29
04-21-2015, 09:33 PM

:chuckle:

X-Terminator
04-21-2015, 09:34 PM
Watson and Melancon blow the lead and the Pirates lose 9-8. I said that Cubs team was dangerous...looks like I was right.

Too soon for a little bit of a chewing-out from the manager? I don't think anyone expected the Pirates to be 6-8 at this point in the season.

zulater
04-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Kang just belted a bases loaded, base clearing double!!! And they intentionally walked Marte to get to him....good for his confidence, I'm happy for him

now if the bullpen can just pull their heads out of thier asses we can go away with a win

annnnnnnd first Cub up.....home run

this game is driving me crazy

It's early, but this bullpen really has me worried about the season.

Lady Steel
04-21-2015, 11:32 PM

I was soooo happy when King Kang hit that double. I was jumpin' up and down. :lol: And then my bubble burst. This one was a very disappointing loss for me. I'm a sad Pirate. :(

Lady Steel
04-25-2015, 11:19 AM
Our Bucs beat the D-backs 4-1 last night and have now won 3 in a row.

No offense against the Pens, but they were interfering with my viewing of the Pirates on ROOT. I was watching the Pens on ROOT on my TV and streaming the Bucs' game on my laptop at the same time. Geesh. :lol:

Lady Steel
04-25-2015, 10:39 PM
Four. In. A. Row! :jolly:

Lady Steel
04-26-2015, 11:25 AM

Our Achilles heel is expected to be out for the remainder of the season.

X-Terminator
04-26-2015, 04:07 PM
That is a tough loss for the Cards. I have a ton of respect for Adam Wainwright, and hope he comes back in top form. I don't expect the Cards to go away, though. They still have a very good team without Waino.

Lady Steel
04-26-2015, 10:32 PM
8-0, baby!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/daisyseven1/animated_broom.gif

Boh
04-27-2015, 08:36 PM
:(

Lady Steel
04-27-2015, 09:00 PM
:(

I'm so sorry, Boh. My thoughts and prayers are with those in Maryland. :hug:

Hindes204
04-27-2015, 09:20 PM
Damn Boh, they're tearing your city up :-(

on another note, worley got pretty torn up on the mound :-(

Lady Steel
04-27-2015, 09:35 PM
worley got pretty torn up on the mound :-(

It was ugly. The Cubs are giving us fits. Hopefully, we'll get 'em tomorrow.

zulater
04-28-2015, 12:55 PM
The Pirates need to start winning some division games. Otherwise their season will go the way of the Flightless birds before them.

Lady Steel
04-28-2015, 02:05 PM

Whatever it takes, Cutch. :lol:

X-Terminator
04-28-2015, 03:10 PM
The Pirates need to start winning some division games. Otherwise their season will go the way of the Flightless birds before them.

They are 7-6 vs. the division right now. Not dire, but yes, they need to win a few more of them. However, the division, aside from the pile of crap that is the Milwaukee Brewers, is pretty damn tough. The Cubs are showing, so far, that they are not a bunch of pushovers. They are giving everyone fits. The Cards are the Cards, though they just lost 2 of 3 to the Brewers over the weekend. And the Reds aren't great, but they aren't pushovers either. They've got to take at least 3 of the next 5 games, IMO. All they really need to do is finish above .500 against the division overall, because I think they are going to do very well against the rest of the league.

Lady Steel
04-28-2015, 08:42 PM
The Bucs are really pissin' me off tonight. The Cubs had two double steals in one inning. I'm ready to pull my hair out. :pin:

Hindes204
04-29-2015, 04:44 PM
The Cubs are the real deal, they are going to be a great team this year

on another note, anyone see that crazy shit in Baltimore today. Today's attendance at the game was zero.....it was eerie watching highlights

Godfather
04-29-2015, 09:55 PM
They are 7-6 vs. the division right now. Not dire, but yes, they need to win a few more of them. However, the division, aside from the pile of crap that is the Milwaukee Brewers, is pretty damn tough. The Cubs are showing, so far, that they are not a bunch of pushovers. They are giving everyone fits. The Cards are the Cards, though they just lost 2 of 3 to the Brewers over the weekend. And the Reds aren't great, but they aren't pushovers either. They've got to take at least 3 of the next 5 games, IMO. All they really need to do is finish above .500 against the division overall, because I think they are going to do very well against the rest of the league.

The Brewers being a lousy team is bad news. That means the Biloxi Shuckers are going to suck too.

zulater
05-02-2015, 09:47 PM

I'm sure the entire division will dominate the Brewers. So what difference will it make if the Pirates win 90/% of their games against the Brewers if they lose 75% of their games against the rest of the division?

Losing so many one run games scares me. It gets to be habit forming.

Hindes204
05-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Starting pitchers look great, it's hard to watch them give zero run support to these great pitching outings

zulater
05-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Damn swept! :frusty:

Lady Steel
05-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Damn swept! :frusty:

Yep, this series against the Cards was very disappointing. :(

Lady Steel
05-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Hittin' up my first Altoona Curve game of the season tonight. GO CURVE!

Lady Steel
05-04-2015, 11:47 PM
The Curve lost tonight. :( But we went and had breakfast afterwards, so it's all good. :)

Lady Steel
05-05-2015, 10:40 PM
I've about had enough of this funk the Pirates are in. *sigh*

Lady Steel
05-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Great outing by Batman tonight, and the Bucs win it 7-2. #TheDarkKnightRises

Cutch is baaaaack... Hopefully. :jolly:

Lady Steel
05-09-2015, 08:42 PM
7-5 victory over the Cards! :jolly:

86WARD
05-09-2015, 10:25 PM
First ever 4-5-4 triple play...

Lady Steel
05-10-2015, 02:45 AM
First ever 4-5-4 triple play...

It was aaaaawesome! King Kang and The Pittsburgh Kid! I sure love me some #18!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIvv2eCp7l4

In other news, a friend of mine went to the Bucs game on Friday night. All I know so far is that he spent the night in jail due to a "drunken incident" and was walking around Pittsburgh looking for his truck on Saturday morning. :chuckle:

Hindes204
05-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Nice to take 2 outta 3 from the cards. Kang seems to be doing great, he might turn out to be a hell of a deal. JayHay is not doing well, but I think he will come around.

Lady Steel
05-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Andrew McCutchen 'Exorcises Demons' With Strange Ritual In Dugout

Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen laid down on the floor in the dugout and went through a strange ritual to "exorcise the demons" after lining out to short in the fourth inning of Sunday's game against St. Louis.

Whatever it was, it apparently worked, as McCutchen hit a double in his next at-bat in the sixth inning and came around to score. So, will we see McCutchen doing more of this?

https://i.imgflip.com/lcb6a.gif

Oh, Cutch! :lol:

Lady Steel
05-16-2015, 11:30 AM
It was such a great game yesterday. Our Buccos came back to tie up the game and went into extra innings against the Cubbies. Excitement and tension was in the air.

And then, in the bottom of the 12th, with the Cubs having a man on at 3rd, Szczur hit a pop-up to shallow right field, and this happened:

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/PolancoTrip051515.gif

:doh: :pin:

And that was all she wrote. The Cubs won 11-10.

Gangly son-of-a-bitch needs to cut off half his legs. :lol:

stillers4me
05-16-2015, 11:37 AM
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11026123_10153440332660809_4696359312698301950_n.j pg?oh=87601d409de62b60cb5d1c5cf227dbf6&oe=55D66E20

SteelerFanInStl
05-16-2015, 02:42 PM
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11026123_10153440332660809_4696359312698301950_n.j pg?oh=87601d409de62b60cb5d1c5cf227dbf6&oe=55D66E20

:rofl2: That's priceless!

zulater
05-17-2015, 04:33 PM
Thank goodness they brought A.J. back! :hail:

Hindes204
05-22-2015, 08:17 AM
Same start as last year. This team is much better than they are playing

Lady Steel
05-22-2015, 09:44 PM
Raise it for a great 4-1 win over the Mets! :jolly:

Drazo85
05-23-2015, 03:35 AM
Raise it for a great 4-1 win over the Mets! :jolly:
Cole was sensational last night.

Godfather
05-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Oh, Cutch! :lol:

Well, it's not like he could sacrifice a live chicken. We can't have guys puking in the locker room.

vader29
05-23-2015, 01:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OufLNT1jCew

Lady Steel
05-23-2015, 11:14 PM
Batman is my hero! Absolutely phenomenal pitching by Burnett this afternoon, and our Bucs win it 8-2! :jolly:

Drazo85
05-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Great ofense and great series. Sweep.

steelerdude15
05-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Great job by the Pirates this weekend. It was great to see them sweep a team and its neat to see all three starters get ten or more strikeouts in all three games. Congrats to Gerrit, A.J., Fransisco, and the rest of the guys.

Lady Steel
05-24-2015, 11:55 PM
​Liriano struck out 12, Cutch and Marte homered, and our Bucs swept the Mets with this afternoon's 9-1 win! http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/daisyseven1/animated_broom.gif

Absolutely awesome pitching the past 3 days, and our bats are hot, hot, hot! Couldn't be happier.

Lady Steel
05-26-2015, 12:20 AM
Raise it! Our Buccos made it 4 wins in a row today with a 4-2 win over the Miami Marlins! http://draftsteel.com/wcf/images/smilies/smiley72.gif Nice outing by Morton, and congratulations to Francisco Cervelli for hitting the first homer, and a 3 run homer at that, by a Pirates catcher.

I still can't get used to calling them the Miami Marlins. *shrugs*

Hindes204
05-27-2015, 07:35 PM
6 in a row!!! Great outing today, Cole improves to 7-2 on the year. He was pitching well just left a couple hanging that got belted. He is really coming into his own. And damn, right now the Buccos look like damn geniuses taking a chance on Kang, hard to take him out of the lineup!! And finally, Jay Hay and Cutch are heating up. Time to put that rough beginning behind us and see what this squad can do!!

Lady Steel
05-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Back-to-back sweeps is as exciting as hell. This team is a joy to watch right now.

Drazo85
05-29-2015, 03:36 AM
That was some game last night. Someone in organisation is looking awfully smart bringing Kang in. Now offense is taking the show. Seven in a row.

Lady Steel
05-29-2015, 10:58 AM

Last night's game was definitely nuts, but so much fun. I'm ready for them to bring up Josh Bell from Altoona to play first base.

Hindes204
05-29-2015, 04:26 PM

Last night's game was definitely nuts, but so much fun. I'm ready for them to bring up Josh Bell from Altoona to play first base.

Wont see Bell for a while, definitely not this year unless something crazy happens

Lady Steel
05-29-2015, 04:29 PM
Wont see Bell for a while, definitely not this year unless something crazy happens

Like I kick Pedro in the nuts? http://draftsteel.com/wcf/images/smilies/smiley94.gif

Lady Steel
05-29-2015, 10:26 PM
Tell me what you want, what you really, really want... I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want...

Drazo85
05-30-2015, 03:26 AM
Tough loss last night. I thought they had them. The streak is over. Now lets start a new one.

Lady Steel
05-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Ugh! What a way to lose the game... On a walk-off grand slam. I wasn't happy.

But, yep, on to tonight's game. I still believe!

Lady Steel
06-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Today's win gave our Buccos their third sweep in the last four series. They're smokin', and I'm so very proud of them. Raise it! :jolly:

I don't know if any of you saw it, but Cutch gave an interview and had his bat with him for some recognition on ROOT after last night's (6-2-2015) game. It was so funny. I love his sense of humor.

zulater
06-04-2015, 05:37 AM
If Charlie Morton continues to be a positive force in the rotation and the big 3 (Cole, Liriano, A.J.) continue on course the Pirates should easily wins 90+ games. And of course if Melancon and Watson stay lights out too then catching the Cardinals is a real possibility too. Looks as if the offense just needed the weather to warm up to get their bats going. Obviously not everyone is hitting as you would like. But at least now they're putting their hits together better as a team and getting critical runs across when it matters most. And I gotta admit the catcher rotation is getting the job done. Anyway it's good to see they've got things working. Here's to another great season. :drink:

Lady Steel
06-13-2015, 11:55 PM
2015 Cy Young Predictor - AL

RK
PLAYER
TEAM
CYP
G
GS
IP
ER
K
SV
SHO
W-L
ERA
VB

Dallas Keuchel (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/31815/dallas-keuchel)
HOU
7-2

Sonny Gray (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/32082/sonny-gray)
OAK
7-3

Chris Archer (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/31003/chris-archer)
TB
7-4

Felix Hernandez (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/6194/felix-hernandez)
SEA
9-3

Andrew Miller (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/28563/andrew-miller)
NYY
0-1

David Robertson (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/29172/david-robertson)
CHW
4-1

David Price (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/28958/david-price)
DET
6-2

Michael Pineda (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/30937/michael-pineda)
NYY
7-3

Joakim Soria (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/28688/joakim-soria)
DET
2-0

Luke Gregerson (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/30276/luke-gregerson)
HOU
2-1

2015 Cy Young Predictor - NL

RK
PLAYER
TEAM
CYP
G
GS
IP
ER
K
SV
SHO
W-L
ERA
VB

Gerrit Cole (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/32081/gerrit-cole)
PIT
10-2

Trevor Rosenthal (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/31945/trevor-rosenthal)
STL
1-0

Jeurys Familia (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/31687/jeurys-familia)
NYM
2-0

Michael Wacha (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/32640/michael-wacha)
STL
8-2

Santiago Casilla (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/6060/santiago-casilla)
SF
4-1

Jacob deGrom (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/32796/jacob-degrom)
NYM
7-4

Carlos Martinez (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/31340/carlos-martinez)
STL
7-2

Zack Greinke (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/5883/zack-greinke)
LAD
5-2

Bartolo Colon (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/3602/bartolo-colon)
NYM
9-4

Drew Storen (http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/30534/drew-storen)
WSH
1-0

Glossary

RK: Rank
G: Games
GS: Games started

IP: Innings pitched
ER: Earned runs
K: Strikeouts

SV: Saves
SHO: Shutouts
W-L: Wins-Losses

ERA: Earned run average

CYP: In The Neyer/James Guide To Pitchers (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0743261585/qid=1086994313/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-6282282-5445614?v=glance&s=books#product-details) -- co-authored by Bill James and ESPN.com's Rob Neyer (http://search.espn.go.com/rob-neyer/) presents a method, based on past results, to predict Cy Young balloting. This page provides an in-season snapshot of the Cy Young "race," as figured by the following formula: Cy Young Points (CYP) = ((5*IP/9)-ER) + (SO/12) + (SV*2.5) + Shutouts + ((W*6)-(L*2)) + VB (see below).
VB: Victory Bonus is a 12-point bonus awarded for leading your team to the division championship
Cy Young Winner: Denoted in bold

http://espn.go.com/mlb/features/cyyoung

Yeah, baby! :whoo:

Lady Steel
06-18-2015, 10:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CH1PUzFUAAEItUe.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CH1PfvwVAAAJmrZ.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CH1PiYjUMAAfJPN.jpg

Eight straight wins now for our Buccos with this sweep of the White Sox. Cole is on fire, and we're now only 4 games under the Cards. I love this game!

Drazo85
06-19-2015, 04:39 AM
Now that is some sweet pitching from Buccs. Bats are following in the last couple of months.
They are firing on all cylinders right now. I sure hope that would continue trough summer and fall. Cardinals look catchable right now.

Hindes204
06-19-2015, 09:12 AM
We look like true contenders these days. Morton coming back gave us one of the best rotations in the league, something I worried about at the beginning of the year. I knew AJ had some left, but I never thought he would look this good. And Cole....holy shit man, he has become what everyone hoped he could. This is an exciting time for Buccos fans

Lady Steel
06-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Tough series against the Nationals. Not good... Not good at all. :(

Drazo85
06-21-2015, 05:59 PM
Tough series against the Nationals. Not good... Not good at all. :(

Tough series indeed. Luckily i didn't watch any of the games. My leg hurts as hell, so i turned to natural painkiller.Alcohol. :alcoholic:

Hindes204
06-21-2015, 07:15 PM
That was a rough series. Morton got lit up.....never good when your starter gets ran out in the first inning

Lady Steel
06-23-2015, 11:02 PM
What a crazy game tonight. Our Buccos started out slow and weren't lookin' so good, but, WOW! what a comeback against the Reds. Homers by Cervelli and Cutch in the same inning. Booyah! :thumbsup: :jolly:

Hindes204
06-23-2015, 11:42 PM
And a couple of spectacular catches by Marte. Definitely a fun game to watch

Edman
07-09-2015, 04:47 PM
4.5 games back of the Cards for the Central lead and the Cardinals coming to town for a 4-game series.

If the Pirates want to catch up to St. Louis, now's their chance.

SteelerFanInStl
07-09-2015, 05:09 PM
4.5 games back of the Cards for the Central lead and the Cardinals coming to town for a 4-game series.

If the Pirates want to catch up to St. Louis, now's their chance.

You're definitely catching the Cards at the right time. Cards are playing like shit.

Hindes204
07-13-2015, 12:17 AM
Those two games were some of the best I've ever seen. This team is the real deal, best team in baseball right now

Drazo85
07-13-2015, 06:10 AM
Fantastic weekend and fantastic series.I agree, best team in baseball currently. Hopefully they continue playing at similar level after the break.

Butch
07-13-2015, 06:49 AM
I am not really much of a baseball fan as I once was, hell I have only watched a handful of games in recent years. The only reason I watched them was to have something to talk about with friends who watch their teams.

My oldest brother is a cards fan along with one of my good friends, so figured I would sit and watch last night's game. One helluva game and great back to back late game heroics. Glad I watched it to the end. At times this team looks average at best then suddenly they find a way to come through, this is a very special team. Good luck to all you true, long suffering Pirates fans, I wish you all the best.

zulater
08-23-2015, 08:18 PM
If you're a Pirate fan and you're not excited by this team you must have flatlined sometime in the past two months.

Go Bucs!

Count Steeler
08-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Would love to see a Blue Jays Pirates World Series.

TD's & Beer
09-05-2015, 11:52 AM
I watched the game last night - dick punched those Cards, 9 runs,17 hits!

way to go Buccos!

5 back

TD's & Beer
09-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Buccos pounded the Cards again for 7 runs, a dozzen hits, 3 HR's - they ain't shit

Those stupid announcers on Sunday Night Baseball were the worst - the game kept getting in the way of their stupid little stories, like they were annoyed they had to call the game on the field and running so many graphics and slo-mo replays all the time you couldn't even tell when real game action was going on.

And that annoying skirt announcer couldn't keep her mouth shut, jabbering all the time telling all the players how to hit - is this what baseball has become?

steelerdude15
09-12-2015, 04:53 PM
The Cardinals lost both their games today against the Reds. The Pirates are now 3 back from first place in the division. It would be great if the Pirates won tonight and got even closer to first place.

Hindes204
09-14-2015, 07:00 AM
Exciting times for the Buccos. For the first time in a while this season I think we have a legit shot at taking this division. Something about this team, they never give up. Huge series coming up against the Cubs. LETS GO BUCCOS

Drazo85
09-14-2015, 08:57 AM
Exciting times for the Buccos. For the first time in a while this season I think we have a legit shot at taking this division. Something about this team, they never give up. Huge series coming up against the Cubs. LETS GO BUCCOS

Buccos have a tough schedule for the remainder of the season. Only Reds and Rockies are sub 0.50 teams. Tough series against Cubs (twice), Cards, Dodgers are going to determine their fate. Cards have easier opponents. But if anyone can pull this of, its Bucs. Great season and its been real pleasure to watch this team. They are never out. Pitching has deteriorated in second half, hoppefully AJ can give us one last month before he goes into retirement. I dont know who is out of rotation, Morton or Locke? Happ looked tremendous so far.

stillers4me
09-24-2015, 05:25 AM
Playoff bound! #BUCTOBER

Drazo85
09-24-2015, 12:56 PM
Raise the :jolly:.
BUCTOBER!!!

zulater
09-24-2015, 05:09 PM
Hurdle learned from last year. He has stated that no matter what the chances of catching the Cardinals are, regardless of how home field for the wild card is shaping up, he's going to adjust his rotation so that Cole will pitch the first game or in the case of a wild card game, the elimination game that is the wildcard play in game. Last year we started Voquez I think it was. Someone we thought so much of we didn't even bother to bring him back this season. Anyway the point is while it would be nice to catch the Cardinals you can;t pursue them at the expense of leaving yourself vulnerable in a one game play in situation like we did last season when we faced Giant ace Madison Bumgarner with our 4th or 5th best starter. . .

stillers4me
09-24-2015, 05:15 PM

zulater
09-24-2015, 05:43 PM
So who is the Pirates 15 MVP? My vote is for Melancon. The way he shuts the door when you go into the 9th with a lead has just been amazing. No disrespect to Cutch or
Cole, but Mark is the man this year.

zulater
09-25-2015, 04:57 PM
Pirates are 4 1/2 up on the Cubs with today's win with 8 to play. They look pretty solid to be hosting the WC game at the very least. Still an outside chance they catch the Cards, but probably not going to happen.

Oh well as long as they start Cole vs the Cubs I'll live with the result of the play in game.

Hindes204
09-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Pirates are 4 1/2 up on the Cubs with today's win with 8 to play. They look pretty solid to be hosting the WC game at the very least. Still an outside chance they catch the Cards, but probably not going to happen.

Oh well as long as they start Cole vs the Cubs I'll live with the result of the play in game.

with 8 to play and a series still to go with the cards, the division is still within reach. Not probable, but possible.

a one game playoff against Arietta, the best pitcher by far in the league right now, scares the shit out of me

zulater
09-26-2015, 11:38 AM
with 8 to play and a series still to go with the cards, the division is still within reach. Not probable, but possible.

a one game playoff against Arietta, the best pitcher by far in the league right now, scares the shit out of me

It does me too, but it is what it is, and as long as it's in Pittsburgh and Cole is pitching on normal day's rest then you've done all you can going into the game. Cole is certainly capable of going toe to toe with anyone.

Drazo85
09-26-2015, 01:09 PM
If they can keep it close trough seven innings, bullpen would take care of the rest. Cole can do it, for sure. This team is to good to be playing in wild card but that's case right now. It would be great if they can catch the Cardinals, but that's a pipe dream right now. If they go trough wild card game, they can go to the very end.

Count Steeler
09-26-2015, 02:37 PM
The Blue Jays, after 22 years are back in the playoffs. Would I love to see a Pirates vs Blue Jays World Series? You betcha!

stillers4me
09-27-2015, 09:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh1LEKLUHXA