PDA

View Full Version : Steelers safety Polamalu: We can survive without Roethlisberger

polamalubeast
08-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Steelers safety Polamalu: We can survive without Roethlisberger

Clifton's ArchiveE-Mail CliftonClifton Brown

Sporting News
The Pittsburgh Steelers now have had four months to absorb the news that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will miss the first four or six games of the '10 season because of a league suspension. With time comes some perspective.

Steelers star safety Troy Polamalu, for one, says the battle-tested team can survive with Byron Leftwich or Dennis Dixon at quarterback the first month-plus of the season.

"It's adversity that we're going to face, but it's nothing we haven't faced before," Polamalu told Sporting News' Clifton Brown. "We've played games without Ben. Honestly, I think we've done well in the past with our backup quarterbacks."

Since Roethlisberger became the starting quarterback during the second game of his rookie season, he has missed eight starts. The team went 4-4 in those games, but three of the losses were to divisional-rival Baltimore.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2010-08/sharp-debut-for-big/story/steelers-safety-polamalu-we-can-survive-without-roethlisberger#subnav#ixzz0xedhuP2Q

Steeltreal
08-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Steelers should just send Ben off to Whizenhunt. I heard that dont have a Starter yet. 2 first round picks! wishful thinking

stillers4me
08-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Considering there seem to be alot of teams out there with starters out for 4-6 weeks, I'd say we are still in pretty good shape. At least we've had time to plan for Ben's "leave of absense".

siss
08-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Considering there seem to be alot of teams out there with starters out for 4-6 weeks, I'd say we are still in pretty good shape. At least we've had time to plan for Ben's "leave of absense".

Vacation? Sabbatical? Grounding?

steelpride12
08-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Exactly. I think their are plenty of injuries going around, but of course all the attention is surrounded by Ben. Im not worried that by the time he comes back we will be right where we want to be fighting for the playoffs.

sharkweek
08-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Steelers should just send Ben off to Whizenhunt. I heard that dont have a Starter yet. 2 first round picks! wishful thinking
it would also be wishful thinking to think we could get a player as good as Ben with just two first round picks

innocent until proven guilty, right now Ben is only guilty of having been a bit too cavalier, which he seems to be proving to have turned that ship around

Galax Steeler
08-26-2010, 03:38 AM

:huh: May I ask why.

SteelerEmpire
08-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Its gonna be interesting to see what kind of one-two punch Tomlin and Arians will use with Lefty and Dixon with Ben's absence. Gonna be classic if it works...

SteelGhost
08-26-2010, 09:47 AM
:huh: May I ask why.

Maybe Steeltreal forgot to put the :sarcasm: smiley :noidea: :chuckle: