PDA

View Full Version : Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015

Lady Steel
03-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Troy Polamalu might not be with the Steelers very much longer, but that doesn't mean he's done with football.

Right now, he just isn't sure.

Amid reports of the Steelers wanting the veteran All-Pro safety to retire instead of the team being forced to release him, Polamalu still could play in the upcoming season, his agent, Marvin Demoff, said.

“Troy is still determining whether he wants to retire or try and play in 2015,” Demoff told Trib Total Media. “We will make a decision fairly soon, but (it is) not imminent.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7902668-74/polamalu-steelers-million#axzz3TSTQfM7N

Oh Troy, please don't be that guy.

ALLD
03-05-2015, 12:37 PM
IF he wants to play he should if he can find a team, but it should not be starting for the Steelers.

Godfather
03-05-2015, 06:49 PM
I hope BSPN doesn't make this an all day, every day story like they did with Brett.

86WARD
03-05-2015, 06:51 PM
I hope he retires...I'd like to see him go out as a Steeler with no bullshit season in between...

SteelerFanInStl
03-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Memories of Franco going to Seattle are going through my head.

Troy, don't hang on past your time.

86WARD
03-06-2015, 06:01 AM
Memories of Franco going to Seattle are going through my head.

Troy, don't hang on past your time.

Yep...same thing I was thinking.

salamander
03-06-2015, 06:05 AM
Please don't be that guy, Troy...

one side only
03-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Great persepective by DK, as usual.

http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2015/03/06/friday-insider-troy-will-depart-with-pride/

Most interesting part of this article "Polamalu had other issues, as well. He wasn’t wild about the attitudes of some of the Steelers’ younger players. He felt they lacked the necessary respect for the franchise that he and others worked hard to instill. When I’d bring up with him so-and-so young guy, he’d invariably start talking about Alan Faneca or someone in that mold. (Though I feel compelled to add that he loves Antwon Blake.) There also were times it was clear that he was equally less than enthused over Mike Tomlin’s handling of same. Polamalu clearly felt Tomlin wasn’t doing enough on his own to protect that brand. That’s why he formed a much, much stronger kinship with Dick LeBeau as time wore on".

I agree with that assessment of Mike Tomlin, and supports the idea that LeBeau was forced out.

Lady Steel
03-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Source: Polamalu Had Issues With Tomlin

No one can blame Troy Polamalu if he wants to keep playing. Football has been the center of his life since he was a child but now he and the Pittsburgh Steelers are at a crossroads and from what I’m hearing, a solution isn’t going to be pretty.

A source familiar with the Polamalu situation told me that the future Hall of Fame safety grew more and more upset with Head Coach Mike Tomlin and most of it centered around players brought in and attitudes that were tolerated.

Besides being fed up a few years ago with the “Young Money Crew,” Polamalu struggled to gain a rapport with new secondary mate Mike Mitchell. Polamalu was reportedly upset about Mitchell’s playing style and lack of focus.

In general, Polamalu became more and more disappointed in the way Tomlin dealt with younger players and in turn he became even more reserved than normal and focused his energy on his loyalty to Dick LeBeau.

http://steelcityblitz.com/2015/03/05/source-polamalu-issues-tomlin/

steel striker
03-06-2015, 02:03 PM
I hope Troy does retire a steeler but, I did see last season at times that Troy was clearly frustrated on how players were playing on the defensive side. Troy is one of the few once in a lifetime players that come around and, we were lucky to have him play for the steelers. He is one of my favorite players of all time. Again I hope he does retire and, please don't go to another team.