PDA

View Full Version : Which Steelers are elite?

Lady Steel
03-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Pro Football Focus is doing its popular depth chart series (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/03/04/2015-depth-charts-pittsburgh-steelers/) this winter and they unveiled their ratings for all returning Steelers players this morning.

Pro Football Focus rates each player in one of seven categories: elite, very good, good, average, below average, poor and unknown.

The Steelers have two elite players in Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown and three very good players in Le’Veon Bell, Kelvin Beachum and Cam Heyward. Only two players received poor ratings – backups Mike Adams and Cam Thomas.

Here are some thoughts on the ratings the Steelers received:

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/03/04/Which-Steelers-are-elite

st33lersguy
03-04-2015, 04:21 PM
I say Ben, Bell, and Brown

Dwinsgames
03-04-2015, 04:32 PM
I say Ben, Bell, and Brown

that about sums it up ...

some may argue Pouncey or Miller but being honest as much as I love Heath he is not an elite player he is a very good player and perhaps even better team mate and locker room guy but not elite ....

I am not sure Ben is " Elite" either to be honest but understand where the argument can and will be made .... guess it depends on your definition of elite ...

for me the term is over used and that takes away the specialness of it ....

Elite to me is top 2-3 in the league for most of a decade but I understand not everyones definition is the same either

a Buddy of Mine often says ( and I normally agree ) when Hall of Fame voting comes around and some guys are " snubbed" do you want it to be the Hall of Fame , or the hall of the very very good ....perception is everything I am ok some guys do not make it in , if everyone did it would lack that special feel that is has and should continue to have ...

but again that is just me and not everyone will agree

vasteeler
03-04-2015, 07:47 PM
all of 'em:rockon:

86WARD
03-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Ben Bell Brown Pouncey Timmons

Mojouw
03-05-2015, 10:01 AM
If not for Tomlin and Haley, they all would be elite. I mean can you imagine if we ran a 3 WR base offense instead of this stupid jumbo crap all the time? Remember that 7 play sequence in 2012 during the middle of the 3rd quarter against some random team? If you ran that exact offense all the time, this team would score 70 points per week.

fansince'76
03-05-2015, 10:22 AM
If not for Tomlin and Haley, they all would be elite. I mean can you imagine if we ran a 3 WR base offense instead of this stupid jumbo crap all the time? Remember that 7 play sequence in 2012 during the middle of the 3rd quarter against some random team? If you ran that exact offense all the time, this team would score 70 points per week.

And don't forget about Art II being stuck in 1975. :chuckle:

tube517
03-05-2015, 10:29 AM

:rofl2:

zulater
03-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Interesting. But I'm far from in lock step with Profootballfocus on these assessments. For example they have Troy and Mitchell as being average starters. Which certainly neither were last year, and how you could project it for Troy going into this season is incomprehensible? Also I don't see how they came up with Keisel being below average last season? And if Bell isn't an elite back who is?

Still it's good off season fun looking at these.

steelerdude15
03-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Ben
Le'Veon
Antonio
Maurkice
Lawrence

I think Cam Heyward will be elite one day too.

jb500ex
03-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Timmons elite do you guys watch football ?

fansince'76
03-05-2015, 04:16 PM
:yawn:

Nadroj 20
03-05-2015, 04:43 PM
The Killer Bee's.

Brown, Bell and Ben.

KeiselPower99
03-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Ben and Brown. Bell is on the verge. I have never understood the love Pouncey receives.

Pappy
03-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Ben and Brown. Bell is on the verge. I have never understood the love Pouncey receives.
Me either, I rate Pouncy good at best. He gets overpowered too often.

zulater
03-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Me either, I rate Pouncy good at best. He gets overpowered too often.

He gave up one sack last year. Not getting overpowered that much. The reason he's valued is because he gets to the second level more effectively than just about any center in the league.