PDA

View Full Version : Le’Veon Bell faces a maximum suspension of four games

one side only
03-01-2015, 06:27 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/01/leveon-bell-faces-a-maximum-suspension-of-four-games/

This development increases the urgency to both identify and sign a free agent running back, as well as drafting one.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1762313/jeremy-langford

"Langford really shines in areas where most young backs struggle like pass protection, reliability in the screen game and also the ability to get stronger and better as the game goes on."

stillers4me
03-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Well, by all means, give him the maximum sentence. :jerkit:

SteelerFanInStl
03-01-2015, 06:52 PM
4 games? Where the Hell did that come from? Leave it to Goodell to impose the maximum sentence. F him!

TMC
03-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Then Bell should take them to court, just like Peterson did. Bell's issue happened PRIOR to the new substance abuse policy being implemented and a judge just ruled that they could not make the punishments retroactive.

Crash
03-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Art Rooney II needs to get off his ass and demand to know what the punishment will be in the next 9 days.

salamander
03-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Of course he faces the maximum. Why? Because Roger Goodell. :ranger:

86WARD
03-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Fuck Goofdell. That is all.

fansince'76
03-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Then Bell should take them to court, just like Peterson did. Bell's issue happened PRIOR to the new substance abuse policy being implemented and a judge just ruled that they could not make the punishments retroactive.

This. Because he's going to get 4 games.

With Rooney being one of Goodell’s power elite, don’t be surprised if Bell doesn’t miss any games. Certainly wouldn’t be more than the two game suspension.

Yeah, because Goodell's done this team so many favors in the past. :rolleyes:

Let's hear again from Goodell what a "swell guy" Jimmy Haslam is. :coffee:

Crash
03-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Goodell shits all over this team because Art II lets him. Art II likes Goodell, publicly backs him. Goodell knows he has a stooge who's only there because Dan gave him 15% of the team.

fansince'76
03-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Goodell shits all over this team because Art II lets him. Art II likes Goodell, publicly backs him. Goodell knows he has a stooge who's only there because Dan gave him 15% of the team.

Goodell has done nothing but show contempt for the "old guard" owners like the Rooneys. They simply don't fit in with his "corporate vision" for the NFL like the Joneses and Krafts. He probably privately celebrated in his office when Ralph Wilson died and will probably do so when Dan passes.

Crash
03-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Dan doesn't put up with Goodell's shit. He's argued at dinners with Goodell with the wives present.

Art II on the other hand seems perfectly willing to be a lackey. I'm sorry, but when your players are the only team in the league to vote down the CBA because of Goodell's power? You can't go on TV and support him. You need to sit there and STFU.

Just like the committee that Art II and John Mara headed for the Ray Rice fiasco. Art II backs Goodell in a statement, then 2 days later a new NFL award was named after the Chief.

In short? Art II was bought by Roger Goodell.

Makes me fucking puke!

Edman
03-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Art II is not one of "Goodell's Elite". Goodell is just only playing Art II like a fiddle.

Remember, this isn't the NFL anymore, it's the WWE. We're not in an era where we had a competent commissioner who actually did his job and kept his name out of the spotlight. We're in an age of Roger Goodell, where it's all about him. Whoever gets in good with Goodell is all good. A era of corruption and staining of a once-proud sport.

Goodell's only buddy-buddy is Kraft. Art II, instead of growing a set, keeps playing yes man, while Rodger Dodger will throw him, his organization, and his team under the bus. From day one, Goodell set out to make an example of the Steelers. If he had his way, the Steelers will never sniff another playoff appearance again.

Bell is getting four-game suspension. No ifs, ands, or buts.

st33lersguy
03-01-2015, 10:16 PM
IIf Le'Veon was a Cheatriot or a Ratbird, he wouldn't be suspended one damn game. The fact that he gets suspended 4 games while that fat piece of shit quitter LeGarrette Blount gets away with it scot free proves that Goodell hates the Steelers and is in bed with Robert Kraft

X-Terminator
03-01-2015, 10:20 PM
PFT, therefore no clicky. Fuck you, Florio.

But everyone knows damn well Bell is getting the max. The Steelers get no favors from Goodell...why in the world would anyone think things would be different in this case?

st33lersguy
03-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Goodell knows how important Bell is to this team and is trying to sabotage their season. I bet the first 4 games are New England Baltimore Seattle Cinci too. It will be a glorious day when Karma catches up to this schmuck

Crash
03-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Goodell tried to sabotage their season in 2010, twice. Art II stood there and did nothing.

Kraft runs the league. He proved that with his Deflate Gate press conference. Pretty much dared Goodell to do something.

And as usual, he didn't.

st33lersguy
03-01-2015, 10:47 PM
officeofcommissioner@nfl.com

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell at (212) 450-2000

This is the Gestapo Goodell's supposed contact information I got from reading a contact board. Not 100% sure if this is correct but it was the only one I could find. Feel free to send an angry e-mail to the commissioner or call to voice your disproval.

Crash
03-01-2015, 10:58 PM
He doesn't care. Only way he goes is if he fucks up and gets arrested for something.

Lady Steel
03-02-2015, 12:08 AM
This is upsetting, but not surprising. :(

Dwinsgames
03-02-2015, 11:43 AM
4 games = over the top for a first time offender ...

we have seen guys do worse and get less ...

hell we have seen guys be the cause of a Death and only get a 1 year ban , nobody was harmed in Bells incident

86WARD
03-02-2015, 12:42 PM
4 games = over the top for a first time offender ...

we have seen guys do worse and get less ...

hell we have seen guys be the cause of a Death and only get a 1 year ban , nobody was harmed in Bells incident

Which would make this the norm if Bell did get 4 games. It won't be out of the ordinary for the league to be inconsistent like this.

I would be surprised if Bell gets 4 games...but at the same time, I won't be surprised.

Shoes
03-02-2015, 02:31 PM
I think Bell gets two games max.... He should only get one IMO. I can't see dirt bag roger facing the cries of Rice getting 2 games for the elevator KO, then giving 4 games to first offender Bell for smoking pot. A first time offender who was influenced by dirt bag Blount.

Steeldude
03-03-2015, 01:20 PM
I think Bell gets two games max.... He should only get one IMO. I can't see dirt bag roger facing the cries of Rice getting 2 games for the elevator KO, then giving 4 games to first offender Bell for smoking pot. A first time offender who was influenced by dirt bag Blount.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 4 games. They initially gave BR 6 games for not being guilty.

Crash
03-03-2015, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 4 games. They initially gave BR 6 games for not being guilty.

Ben was not even CHARGED. Saying not guilty implies he was arrested, tried, and acquitted like Perrish Cox was in Denver.

Who by the way, was not suspended by Roger Goodell.

Steeldude
03-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Ben was not even CHARGED. Saying not guilty implies he was arrested, tried, and acquitted like Perrish Cox was in Denver.

Who by the way, was not suspended by Roger Goodell.

Not guilty meaning he did nothing wrong to warrant a suspension of any kind. I didn't mean guilty as if he went to court etc...

Belting a women a unconscious = 2 game suspension (If you aren't a Steeler)

Doing nothing wrong = 6 game suspension (If you are a Steeler)