PDA

View Full Version : AFC North: Most indispensable players

polamalubeast
08-25-2010, 01:40 PM
A team-by-team look at the most indispensable players non-quarterbacks) in the division.

The NFL, perhaps more than any professional sport, is a league filled with replaceable players. By sheer numbers, fielding 22 players on offense and defense makes it difficult for a single cog to be above the team, especially for non-quarterbacks.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS: TROY POLAMALU

CLEVELAND BROWNS: JOSH CRIBBS

BALTIMORE RAVENS: RAY LEWIS

CINCINNATI BENGALS: CEDRIC BENSON

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/16420/afc-north-most-indispensable-players

GitNoLuv
08-25-2010, 02:30 PM
I think that Troy is an obvious answer for the Steelers, but I still go with your DE, A. Smith. Dudes an absolutely under-rated oft-overlooked beast on your D-Line.

For Cinci, Cedric Benson is a great pick. That team only wins when they can run the ball...which is why I think they are 8-8 this season (as Carson Palmer tries too hard to appease Ocho Crappo and Terrible Owens)

For Baltimore, I think the defense suffers far greater without Haloti Ngata than anyone else.

In Cleveland - we are already weak on the Right side of our O-line, if we lose Joe Thomas for any period of time, there is far less hope for any kind of success at all. We'll be a hard nosed running team this season with Hillis, Hardesty (if healthy) and Harrison at the helm (behind Lawrence Vickers superb blocking). But if Joe Thomas goes down, we won't be able to do anything.

The Duke
08-25-2010, 03:46 PM
For Baltimore, I think the defense suffers far greater without Haloti Ngata than anyone else.

Totally agree. Lewis is not the player he used to be, and Ngata is a unstoppable beast

Cribbs is good, and exciting, but Thomas is WAY more indispensable then he is

SirHulka
08-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Thomas for Cleveland, no doubt. But for B-more? JMHO, but is anyone forgetting about Ed Reed? The Birds can replace Ngata. But like Pittsburgh, the back D rests on one guy, and for them, that guy is Reed.

JMHO, but I think its;

Baltimore: Ed Reed

Cinncinatti: Carson Palmer

Cleveland: Joe Thomas

Pittsburgh: Troy Polamalu

Without Palmer, Cincy would be starting who? Jordan Palmer? They got nobody after Carson. Without him, the WR are window dressing, and the D will stack 8 guys to stop Benson.