PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison Decides To Play One More Season.

86WARD
02-22-2015, 09:25 PM
James Harrison announced on his Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts that he's traveling to Arizona to begin training for one more season in the NFL. Do the Steelers bring him back?

86WARD
02-22-2015, 09:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/R5eHepq.jpg

SteelerFanInStl
02-22-2015, 09:27 PM
Yes! James proved this past season that he can still play and we need him.

Dwinsgames
02-22-2015, 09:33 PM
I see no Steeler colors in that bag ... see some Cardinal colors though

I think we have a 33 1/3 % chance at resigning him ( if we try )

other viable options include Arizona and Tennessee

Mojouw
02-22-2015, 09:43 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/665/james-harrison

Seems the local reporters think Harrison plays in black and gold or no where else.

86WARD
02-22-2015, 09:58 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/665/james-harrison

Seems the local reporters think Harrison plays in black and gold or no where else.

I tend to agree with that sentiment as well. I don't think he'll waste his time with the Cardinals or Titans.

fansince'76
02-22-2015, 10:31 PM
I tend to agree with that sentiment as well. I don't think he'll waste his time with the Cardinals or Titans.

Agreed.

Harrison said last year that the Steelers were the only team he would have ended his retirement to return to play for. He played in 2013 in Cincinnati and said it was too far from his family, who live in Pittsburgh. He said his two boys gave their approval for him to return to play for the Steelers in 2014.

Therefore, it is not likely he would want to play for another team if the Steelers do not want to sign him again. The Steelers have not indicated whether they want him back.

After season with Steelers, James Harrison plans to play in 2015 (http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/02/22/After-season-with-Steelers-James-Harrison-plans-to-play-in-2015/stories/201502220225)

Dwinsgames
02-22-2015, 10:39 PM
I know I know I know ...... but ...

1) he trains in Arizona so has some ties there as well and is also familiar with some of the players and coaches

2) The Dick Lebeau factor , he Loves the guy ( in a non homo manner ) , the respect level is off the charts and is also well acquainted with Whiz , Mularkey and Horton

I just think banking on him waiting for his phone to ring would be a MAJOR mistake by the Steelers and one they probably are over confident about him waiting on ... if he puts in the training ( and we know he will ) and that call from the Steelers does not come soon enough I believe he will sign elsewhere ( because the work will be in the books no sense it being for nothing ) he will get suitors after this past season age be damned IMO

st33lersguy
02-22-2015, 11:40 PM
Bring him in, I still think he has something left. It should be noted that he has only 8 seasons of wear and tear on his body, so his body isn't as broken down as other 37 year olds

zulater
02-23-2015, 06:18 AM
I agree with Dwins. The Steelers can't take it for granted that Harrison is going to wait for their August phone call and rush in at the ready if Jarvis Jones proves to still be inept. If I'm the Steelers I sign Harrison today. Sign Moats right after. Let Worildis go as a free agent. And switch Jones to LOLB. I don;t think Jones will ever be able to take on the better or even average left tackles of the league. Switch him to the left side like they did with Jason W and maybe you can salvage something from the pick? Now obviously long term you've got to find a ROLB, but that's a problem for another day.

dislocatedday
02-23-2015, 08:08 AM
.... If I'm the Steelers I sign Harrison today. Sign Moats right after. Let Worildis go as a free agent. And switch Jones to LOLB. I don;t think Jones will ever be able to take on the better or even average left tackles of the league. Switch him to the left side like they did with Jason W and maybe you can salvage something from the pick? Now obviously long term you've got to find a ROLB, but that's a problem for another day.

+1......I like your line of thinking here. This is the approach I would take if I were making the decisions.

86WARD
02-23-2015, 08:11 AM
They won't do it. They'll take the "Brett Keisel" approach.

one side only
02-23-2015, 08:14 AM
I think the Steelers hesitance to sign James Harrison is combination of his age and the effect his presence might have in the development of Jarvis Jones. Not signing Harrison sends a signal to Jones that he is expected to start and produce. Having Harrison around might undermine Jones' confidence. That being said, I would sign Harrison and let the competition bring out the best in Jones. I wouldn't tie Harrison to Worilds. If Worilds will sign for a reasonable price, I would sign him to a long term deal. I definitely would not move Jones to the other side. I have no confindence in his ability to cover. He needs to concentrate on improving his pass rush technique. I don't think Jarvis Jones will ever live up to the expectations of a first round pick. Maybe Butler and Porter will get more out of him, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Improving the pass rush has to be the #1 priority in the draft.

Steeldude
02-23-2015, 01:52 PM
I think the Steelers hesitance to sign James Harrison is combination of his age and the effect his presence might have in the development of Jarvis Jones. Not signing Harrison sends a signal to Jones that he is expected to start and produce. Having Harrison around might undermine Jones' confidence. That being said, I would sign Harrison and let the competition bring out the best in Jones. I wouldn't tie Harrison to Worilds. If Worilds will sign for a reasonable price, I would sign him to a long term deal. I definitely would not move Jones to the other side. I have no confindence in his ability to cover. He needs to concentrate on improving his pass rush technique. I don't think Jarvis Jones will ever live up to the expectations of a first round pick. Maybe Butler and Porter will get more out of him, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Improving the pass rush has to be the #1 priority in the draft.

The Steelers FO will be idiots twice if they don't re-sign Harrison.

I definitely would not move Jones to the other side. I have no confidence in his ability to cover.

The ROLB has more coverage duties.

If anything Harrison's presence should tell Jones he needs to do better. If no Harrison, then the job is once again handed to Jones by nothing more than default. I have no faith in Jones after hearing him saying he doesn't need the weight room. Funny how he was boasting about getting stronger in the off-season, but we all know that didn't happen. IMO, Jones is just skating. He has no drive to get better. At least that is the feeling I get.

Lady Steel
02-23-2015, 02:40 PM
I want to see James in the Black 'n Gold again this season. Make it happen, Steelers.

Lady Steel
02-23-2015, 03:00 PM
Sign James Harrison Now

The Steelers should waste no more time and sign James Harrison now.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/02/23/Sign-James-Harrison-Now

tube517
02-23-2015, 04:08 PM
Sign Deebo now. Even as a part-time player. (Think Fred Dean on the 1981 49ers).

ALLD
02-23-2015, 06:03 PM
Sign him even if he only plays half the games.

Dwinsgames
03-21-2015, 06:34 PM
I know I know I know ...... but ...

1) he trains in Arizona so has some ties there as well and is also familiar with some of the players and coaches

2) The Dick Lebeau factor , he Loves the guy ( in a non homo manner ) , the respect level is off the charts and is also well acquainted with Whiz , Mularkey and Horton

I just think banking on him waiting for his phone to ring would be a MAJOR mistake by the Steelers and one they probably are over confident about him waiting on ... if he puts in the training ( and we know he will ) and that call from the Steelers does not come soon enough I believe he will sign elsewhere ( because the work will be in the books no sense it being for nothing ) he will get suitors after this past season age be damned IMO

don't look now but the crystal ball was seeing more than fog

86WARD
03-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Yep...and looks like they are going to push the envelope too far again and have it blow up in their face.

tube517
03-22-2015, 11:40 AM
Harrison signed with the Steelers (see new thread)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk