PDA

View Full Version : Steelers GM on cutting LeGarrette Blount: No regrets whatsoever

Shoes
02-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Steelers (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/PIT/pittsburgh-steelers) general manager Kevin Colbert met with the media Wednesday morning at the combine in Indianapolis and reiterated that keeping quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/493043/ben-roethlisberger) in Pittsburgh was a priority, and the hope is that the two sides will come to terms on a new deal as quickly as possible.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25072602/steelers-gm-on-cutting-legarrette-blount-no-regrets-whatsoever

86WARD
02-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Still think they "botched" his release...but what's he supposed to say?

Crash
02-18-2015, 10:43 PM
The regret was signing that POS in the first place.

fansince'76
02-18-2015, 10:44 PM
The regret was signing that POS in the first place.

This.

Lady Steel
02-18-2015, 11:08 PM
I no longer care about Blount.

Hawkman
02-19-2015, 10:30 AM
I no longer care about Blount.

THIS!

salamander
02-19-2015, 11:45 AM
It's done and over with.

Edman
02-19-2015, 02:25 PM
What does he have to regret? The bum didn't want to be here.

He honored his wish. That's that. If anything, the only regret is signing him in the first place. What's done is done.

Fuck Blount and fuck New England. Moving on.

GoSlash27
02-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Why on Earth would we regret cutting him?
/ silly media

ALLD
02-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Sounds like something Obama would say.

touchdownward
02-19-2015, 04:14 PM
I don't know about the GM's regrets or lack thereof, but I regret the fact that he didn't get a suitable backup in case Bell got injured. I'm convinced it cost us the playoff game and possibly a 7th Super Bowl ring. Our Steelers were one of the hottest teams at the end of the season when Bell went down. We all know it's not always the best teams that win in the playoffs, but the one's playing the best football.

Crash
02-19-2015, 04:37 PM
If they listen to what I said they win the AFC.

Shoulda trade a 5th for Sproles like the Eagles did. A 30 year old backup who knows his role, excellent pass catcher also.

Also a proven return man, which keeps Antonio Brown healthy and off that duty.

But nooooooooooooooooo, we are so obsessed with trying to recreate the past the only thing that mattered about Blount was he weighed 250 pounds so he was going to be our new Jerome Bettis.

Mexican Yinzer
02-20-2015, 09:15 AM
I agree no regret Steelers have maintained a certain approach towards attitude an discipline problems. I think releasing that conflicting player was the right thing to do. Let Bellichick deal with him

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Pappy
02-20-2015, 08:55 PM
I don't know about the GM's regrets or lack thereof, but I regret the fact that he didn't get a suitable backup in case Bell got injured. I'm convinced it cost us the playoff game and possibly a 7th Super Bowl ring. Our Steelers were one of the hottest teams at the end of the season when Bell went down. We all know it's not always the best teams that win in the playoffs, but the one's playing the best football.
Exactly right. He should have signed Tate right away and we would have been fine. The rookie wasn't ready and may never be.

BigNastyDefense
02-22-2015, 09:56 AM

And who was available to sign when we cut Blount?

86WARD
02-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Ray Rice, Ben Tate, Michael Bush, Bernard Scott, Felix Jones?

Mojouw
02-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Ray Rice, Ben Tate, Michael Bush, Bernard Scott, Felix Jones?
Impossible to sign and is seemingly washed up anyway, who we signed, terrible now, terrible, and washed up.

There simply were not a bunch of good options. You gotta get one of the useful young backs that comes out every year to back up Bell. Hell, the Browns ended up with 2 useful rookie backs. If the Browns can do it -- anyone can!

86WARD
02-22-2015, 09:05 PM
I can't argue that. However, I'd take any of them over Dri Archer and Tate was signed too late. Should've been signed immediately. I've said it before, my "beef" with the release was that first and foremost they didn't have an "exit plan" which eventually wound up biting them in the ass at the most critical of times. Secondly, you outright release a mess like Blount and give him exactly what he wanted...sets a bad precedent in my mind. Dude should've been treated like Terrell Owens was treated by the Eagles.