PDA

View Full Version : Depth a concern for Steelers' Colbert

stillers4me
02-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert is worried. He's as worried as one can be in February, and for a pretty good reason.

Upcoming free agency might void the Steelers of not only key depth at a couple of vital positions, but totally decimate arguably their most important position — outside linebacker.

Sack leader Jason Worilds is a free agent and might go elsewhere.

Veteran James Harrison could retire, and Arthur Moats played well enough last year to garner interest on the open market.

That would leave former first-rounder Jarvis Jones and a couple of unknowns — Howard Jones and Shawn Lemon — as the only outside linebackers on the roster.

That would be a problem..............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7758109-74/steelers-depth-colbert#ixzz3RZs2516z

86WARD
02-12-2015, 07:27 PM
NOW he is concerned? lol.

Lady Steel
02-12-2015, 08:51 PM
NOW he is concerned? lol.

I know, right? *smh*

one side only
02-13-2015, 07:58 AM
Better to be concerned about depth than concerned about starters.

Worilds will sign a long term deal. I think Moats liked his Steeler experience enough to make him want to stay. I'm sure they are targeting an OLB early in the draft though. This is the make or break year for J. Jones.

Mojouw
02-13-2015, 09:30 AM
This is another stellar article from the Pittsburgh beat reporters.

News flash, due to impending free agency and retirements, each and every NFL GM is concerned about depth right now.

I highly doubt there is any NFL team that is looking at its roster at this point in the off-season and is like " You know what? We're good. Is there any way we can use this cap room to buy stuff on Amazon? We really need some new towels for the locker room. As for these draft picks, I think we are going to give them to charity."

If Colbert is willing to publicly say he is worried about depth in August -- then you have a story.