PDA

View Full Version : 2015 NFL strength of schedule: Steelers at No. 1, Falcons at No. 32

stillers4me
02-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Dan Quinn picked a good year to take over in Atlanta.

Based on 2014 records, the Falcons will play the easiest schedule in the NFL next season. Of the 16 regular season games Atlanta will play in 2015, only four of those will come against opponents who finished 2014 with a winning record.

The Falcons can thank their horrible division for their "easy" strength of schedule: Every team in the NFC South finished the 2014 season with a losing record.

The Falcons strength of schedule for 2015 is .409, which beat out the Colts (.417) for the easiest strength of schedule next season.

On the other hand, there's the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/PIT/pittsburgh-steelers), who are going to have to navigate through a difficult schedule if they want to return to the playoffs for the second year in a row.

Based on 2014 records, the Steelers will play the toughest schedule in the NFL next season. The Steelers will play a total of nine games against 2014 playoff teams, plus games against the Chiefs and Chargers, who both finished with winning records, but didn't make the playoffs............

Read more @ http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25066031/nfl-strength-of-schedule-steelers-at-no-1-falcons-at-no-32

polamalubeast
02-11-2015, 05:35 PM
ouch!

stillers4me
02-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Remember what happened the last time we had the NFL's toughest schedule?

salamander
02-11-2015, 05:58 PM

I think that season ended pretty well for us.

Moose
02-11-2015, 06:04 PM

Oh yea babe......how sweet it was !

polamalubeast
02-11-2015, 06:10 PM

The Steelers had the best defense in the NFL in 2008......The Steelers have right now one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

The good news is that the other teams in the afc north will have the same schedule, except for 2 games

Devilsdancefloor
02-11-2015, 06:40 PM
id rather have a tough schedule the team plays much better

Butch
02-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Yep I would rather have this schedule than the other way around.

oneforthetoe
02-11-2015, 07:44 PM
One of the worst predictors of success around, imo. Who is good and who is bad from one year to another? I mean teams go from bad to good and back within a season. If I'm playing the Steelers last year I'd rather place us early. If I'm playing Cleveland last year I'd rather play them late. Hell, Seattle was beatable early in the year.

It's poppycock.

fansince'76
02-11-2015, 08:27 PM
The Steelers had the best defense in the NFL in 2008......The Steelers have right now one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

The offense is also orders of magnitude better now than it was back in 2008. It's a wash.

Craic
02-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Well, at least we know who will win any Strength of Schedule matchups. :chuckle:

86WARD
02-11-2015, 09:12 PM
One of the worst predictors of success around, imo. Who is good and who is bad from one year to another? I mean teams go from bad to good and back within a season. If I'm playing the Steelers last year I'd rather place us early. If I'm playing Cleveland last year I'd rather play them late. Hell, Seattle was beatable early in the year.

It's poppycock.

This, this, this!!!

zulater
02-11-2015, 09:57 PM
And of course the Patriots have one of the 10 easiest schedules in the league. And no I'm not suggesting a conspiracy. I know there's a formula in place. But it's just the way it works for the evil emperor. And no I don't think Bellicheat has a deal with the devil. In fact I have it on pretty good authority the opposite is true. Satan in fact has unsuccessfully tried to purchase his soul back from Bellichick, but Bellichick refuses to grant the devil an audience. :heh: