PDA

View Full Version : Bell gives credit where credit is due

stillers4me
02-03-2015, 05:22 AM
Le'Veon Bell knows it was those blocking for him that made all the difference in the world.It was a season that didn’t end the way he wanted, finishing it sidelined for the Wild Card playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens. But there is no denying it was an amazing year for Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell.

“I think this year was a good individual performance for me,” said Bell.

“I haven’t stopped and really looked at it. The year went really fast. When I go back and look at the games, I see some of the things I did and am happy, but a lot of credit goes to the guys up front. The offensive line did a tremendous job of opening holes for me this year. You have to give those guys credit.”..........

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bell-gives-credit-where-credit-is-due/e5274e8c-62b5-4cc2-a227-4f706a8998fe?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Steeldude
02-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Le'Veon Bell knows it was those blocking for him that made all the difference in the world.It was a season that didn’t end the way he wanted, finishing it sidelined for the Wild Card playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens. But there is no denying it was an amazing year for Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell.

“I think this year was a good individual performance for me,” said Bell.

“I haven’t stopped and really looked at it. The year went really fast. When I go back and look at the games, I see some of the things I did and am happy, but a lot of credit goes to the guys up front. The offensive line did a tremendous job of opening holes for me this year. You have to give those guys credit.”..........

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bell-gives-credit-where-credit-is-due/e5274e8c-62b5-4cc2-a227-4f706a8998fe?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The running game always starts with the men in the trenches. Without them Bell wouldn't have been much of a RB this past year. However, that isn't to say Bell didn't play very well and make the most of the holes given by the O-line. He also made plays when the blocking wasn't there too.

Pappy
02-03-2015, 04:29 PM
What makes football so great is that it is a team game and one potion of the team can't be successful without the other. It makes every man responsible for the greater good of all. Being a part of a team is really something special. That's why teammates remain friends forever. They share a common bond, one bore out of pain, sacrifice, and teamwork. He already understands how important it is for all the members of the group to become a team. One that is truly unselfish and willing to sacrifice personal glory for the betterment of all. We're lucky he is a Steeler.

touchdownward
02-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Bell truly gets it.
I've read where the average career for a NFL running back is only 5 years. I'd like to see Bell around for a lot longer than that. With that said, management needs to get him a suitable backup. Especially after effin up when they cut Blount and failed to get Bell some relief. Barry Sanders was the last one back RB I remember, but he also retired at a very early age (much like Jim Brown). Those two backs took a beating. Tate wouldn't be my first pick as a backup, but I'd consider him. I'd like to see what he can do with more than 3 days to familiar himself with our playbook.

86WARD
02-04-2015, 07:59 AM
If he has the same type of season that he had in 2014, the front office should give him a nice pay day...instantly.