PDA

View Full Version : Patriots' Blount says he did not orchestrate getting cut by Steelers

ALLD
01-27-2015, 06:04 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/01/27/Patriots-LeGarrette-Blount-says-he-did-not-orchestrate-getting-cut-by-Steelers/stories/201501270191

PHOENIX – Two former Steelers teammates confronted Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount before he reached his seat at the Super Bowl media event today.

Unlike his rough and sudden exit from the Steelers in November, Blount was greeted by warm handshakes and hugs from Brett Keisel and Ike Taylor.

“Ike and Brett were two of the guys who were pretty close to me,’’ Blount said afterward. “I like those guys a lot. I keep in contact with them. I like those guys a lot. That goes to say that some of the things that were said about me after I left that team wasn’t true.”

And Brady said he had nothing to do with taking air out of the footballs. And that he is not a homo.

Texasteel
01-27-2015, 07:10 PM
The pats are widely known for their honesty.

Count Steeler
01-27-2015, 07:18 PM
Gotta be something in the water there in Foxboro.

Shoes
01-27-2015, 07:44 PM
“You know things didn’t work out as planned,’’ was his most extensive explanation. “So we decided to part ways. I ended up here and now I’m about to play in the Super Bowl.’’

It didn't work out as you wanted it…so you quit. Your right where you belong!

salamander
01-27-2015, 07:48 PM
He's as full of shit as his current bosses and QB.

fansince'76
01-27-2015, 09:20 PM
LeGarrette who? :coffee:

X-Terminator
01-27-2015, 09:44 PM
http://www.leavingmymarc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/BS-Meter1.jpg

The meter does not lie.

Lady Steel
01-27-2015, 11:52 PM
Birds of a feather...

st33lersguy
01-28-2015, 09:53 AM
I never believed this conspiracy theory. There is a simple solution, the Blount was nothing but a headcase from the beginning and him leaving the field was just part of his personality, not some attempt to get on the Patriots where he had to clear waivers of 30 other NFL teams

tube517
01-28-2015, 11:53 AM
I'm sure his agent was in constant contact with the Cheats**. I wouldn't put anything past those F'ers. Anything.

86WARD
01-28-2015, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't put it past them, however, it's quite the gamble on his part to think he'll get cut and then clear waivers and then have the Patriots"re-sign" him.

Pappy
01-28-2015, 12:52 PM
I hope he fumbles that costs the Patriots the game.

zulater
01-28-2015, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't put it past them, however, it's quite the gamble on his part to think he'll get cut and then clear waivers and then have the Patriots"re-sign" him.

Good point. But at the same token I think it was pretty much a given that no one was going to pick him up on waivers. He was pretty much considered a toxic substance by 31 NFL teams when he walked out on the Steelers. That's in fact one of the reasons I give the story credence. Because it was said that when Tomlin called him into let him know he was released his demeanor was upbeat almost to the point of being giddy as I was told. To me this suggests he knew he had a soft landing in store. Plus even if he does get claimed on waivers is he really any worse off? What does he lose, what do the Patriots lose? You figure a team that claims him on waivers will be compelled to honor his existing contract. Plus why would a team claim him unless it was going to use him? And that was his complaint with the Steelers. Lack of carries. So to my way of thinking I don't think he makes the gamble of leaving his fourth NFL team in 5 seasons on the terms he did unless he knew for certain there was a happy landing ahead. If the Patriots don't sign him and he leaves his fate in the hands of the 31 other clubs I don't think it's a given he gets an invite to anyone's camp next year.

86WARD
01-28-2015, 08:51 PM
True. But there were several teams that could've legitimately used his services at the time...Indianapolis, Minnesota, St. Louis to name a few. I just think if it was orchestrated it was quite the gamble and nothing was guaranteed there that would land him in New England.

zulater
01-29-2015, 07:16 AM
True. But there were several teams that could've legitimately used his services at the time...Indianapolis, Minnesota, St. Louis to name a few. I just think if it was orchestrated it was quite the gamble and nothing was guaranteed there that would land him in New England.

Like I said what did the Patriots have to lose if they reached out to Blount to let him know he would be welcomed back if he cleared waivers, and he got claimed? They would be none the worse and neither would he have been. Again going under the presumption that whoever may have claimed him would have had plans to use him more than the Steelers did.

Of course none of what I suggested probably happened. But the conspiracy angle further feeds into my hate of the Patriots and now Blount, so I think I'll hang on to it regardless. :heh:

SteelerFanInStl
01-29-2015, 12:08 PM
The Rams had no use for Blount. They have 3 good young RBs in Mason, Stacy and Cunningham.

steel striker
01-31-2015, 12:18 PM
Yep I feel like the most of you guys and, I hope Blount fumbles that will cost the cheats the super title!