PDA

View Full Version : Art Rooney II Wont Rule Out Possibility Of Tagging Steelers LB Jason Worilds Again

polamalubeast
01-21-2015, 02:44 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/01/art-rooney-ii-wont-rule-possibility-tagging-steelers-lb-jason-worilds/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Psycho Ward 86
01-21-2015, 02:48 PM
lol. Fuck you Art.

Steelman
01-21-2015, 03:09 PM
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Count Steeler
01-21-2015, 03:42 PM
Steelers showing their cards early.

1st round OLB. Here we come.

slashsteel
01-21-2015, 04:19 PM
If the price is reasonable, and no upgrades available I could deal with it........

ALLD
01-21-2015, 05:12 PM
Tagging won;t be a good value. Why would they Max Starks him when he isn't even as productive?

SteelerFanInStl
01-21-2015, 05:43 PM
The tag price won't be reasonable. That would be a very stupid decision for a player who's not very productive.

Count Steeler
01-21-2015, 05:45 PM
Offer him 4-6 million. If he doesn't sign, see ya'.

86WARD
01-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Don't be fucking stupid art.

Butch
01-21-2015, 06:27 PM
This is the same Art Rooney who helped clear the NFL of any wrong doing in the handling of the Ray Rice video case.

Shame Shame Shame.

salamander
01-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Ever since Art II started making the calls, a lot questionable decisions have definitely been made....

Mojouw
01-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Ummm....so we would want the owner to disclose in the media that they are taking clubs out of their bag in player/agent negotiations?

The tag (although the dollars per production would be ludicrous) can be used as threat to drive Worilds and his agent to the table. Think you're gonna get on the open market? Oh. Nope. We tag you for another year and you have to gamble on your production and health before you can sign a long-term deal with guaranteed money. Or. Or, you can come to the table and sign a contract that "...both sides can live with..." (the actual quote from the article).

File this under the same category as those that were shocked that Lebeau liked the corners he had according to newspaper reports. What team officials and coaches say publicly and what they say privately are different. Weird. I know. It is almost like we don't have unrestricted access to the inner works of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

slashsteel
01-22-2015, 08:01 AM
Ummm....so we would want the owner to disclose in the media that they are taking clubs out of their bag in player/agent negotiations?

The tag (although the dollars per production would be ludicrous) can be used as threat to drive Worilds and his agent to the table. Think you're gonna get on the open market? Oh. Nope. We tag you for another year and you have to gamble on your production and health before you can sign a long-term deal with guaranteed money. Or. Or, you can come to the table and sign a contract that "...both sides can live with..." (the actual quote from the article).

File this under the same category as those that were shocked that Lebeau liked the corners he had according to newspaper reports. What team officials and coaches say publicly and what they say privately are different. Weird. I know. It is almost like we don't have unrestricted access to the inner works of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

this

steelreserve
01-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Using the tag on him? Why are they even thinking about re-signing him at all?

We just went through a season-long lesson on why we need somebody ELSE to play that position.

I know - "but ... but ... who else?????"

I'll tell you who else - anyone but that overpriced waste of a roster spot.

86WARD
01-22-2015, 05:26 PM
Spend that money on McPhee.