PDA

View Full Version : Expect different look from Steelers defense in 2015

stillers4me
01-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Dick LeBeau is gone as Steelers defensive coordinator, and so might some of the schemes he used in the 12 seasons he was in charge of the defense.

Even if the Steelers promote linebackers coach Keith Butler to replace LeBeau, the defense could have a different look in 2015 -- including getting more input from coach Mike Tomlin, a former defensive coordinator.

The process of replacing LeBeau is expected to begin today when Butler meets with Tomlin to discuss the position. Butler's three-year contract with the team expired at the end of this past season..............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/01/12/Expect-different-look-from-Steelers-defense-in-2015/stories/201501120084

Lady Steel
01-12-2015, 11:32 AM
The process of replacing LeBeau is expected to begin today when Butler meets with Tomlin to discuss the position. Butler's three-year contract with the team expired at the end of this past season.

Okay, so today it is. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

polamalubeast
01-12-2015, 11:38 AM
Even if the Steelers promote linebackers coach Keith Butler to replace LeBeau, the defense could have a different look in 2015 -- including getting more input from coach Mike Tomlin, a former defensive coordinator.

I hope

dislocatedday
01-12-2015, 12:45 PM
What do people think about moving to a base 4-3 defense such as the following?

Tuitt - McCuller s- McLendon - Heyward

Shazier - Timmons - Jones/Moats

On paper that looks rather formidable for a front 7.

Psycho Ward 86
01-12-2015, 12:53 PM

with so many young players i would rather that we stick with 3-4 as our base. flexibility in our fronts never hurts though, its not like we dont use 4-3 fronts already. If our next DC does decide he wants to introduce more 4-3 looks, i would like to see Jason Worilds come back (if he's willing to not take gobs of money). I think he would finally blow up in his natural position.

ALLD
01-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Better Tomlin's input on defense than run Archer up the middle or throw to the #6 receiver on 4th and goal for the game.

Dwinsgames
01-12-2015, 02:29 PM
If Butler is not offered the job they could find it difficult to get a note worthy DC to come in ....

Not everyone jumps for Joy at the opportunity to replace a Legend ....

polamalubeast
01-12-2015, 02:37 PM
If Butler is not offered the job they could find it difficult to get a note worthy DC to come in ....

It's not easy, but it's not impossible to replace a legend....Bill Cowher has very well replaced Chuck Noll

X-Terminator
01-12-2015, 02:37 PM

Yep, because of the high expectations and the pressure that goes along with it. It isn't like coaching in New York, but it's still a high-pressure job. Not everyone can handle it.

SteelerFanInStl
01-12-2015, 05:51 PM
I would think that any DC worth a damn would jump at the opportunity to bring the Steelers D back to what it was for a long time.

steelreserve
01-12-2015, 06:33 PM

This is a no-brainer to me. We lack a dominant nose tackle but have at least three guys who ought to be good DTs in a 4-3. We're short of dominant edge rushers but have plenty of linebackers who are well rounded at the rest of the game. So our choices are to throw away draft pick after draft pick square-peg-round-holing it, or to pick a defense that actually suits our personnel, and fills two gaping holes at once, for free.

Frankly, we were flat-out stupid not to do this a long time ago.