PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Allen looks to rebuild confidence after disappointing season

Lady Steel
01-07-2015, 11:45 PM
You could suggest the secondary is the Steelers' biggest concern heading into the offseason, and it would be a fair point.

“You could (suggest) it,” coach Mike Tomlin said. “I am not.”

Maybe the secondary as a whole isn't Tomlin's main concern, but a once-thought-of key member has to be near the top.

Cortez Allen had yet to prove himself over a full season, but the Steelers gave him a five-year, $26 million contract the day before the season started. The deal solidified Allen as the top cornerback on a team that didn't have much depth at the position.

A month later, Allen was demoted to playing only in the nickel defense.

A week after that, he was pulled from a game in the fourth quarter.

A week later, he was benched and would not play a defensive snap the rest of the season before ending up on injured reserve.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7517151-74/allen-season-steelers#axzz3O6twOXse

NCSteeler
01-08-2015, 03:42 AM
If Tomlin doesn't think the secondary is the biggest concern he's a dumb ass

86WARD
01-08-2015, 04:47 AM
If Tomlin doesn't think the secondary is the biggest concern he's a dumb ass

That's a given already...

Steelman
01-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Wasn't Tomlin a secondary coach in Minny? It surprises me that he would seem so cavalier about those positions in particular.

fansince'76
01-08-2015, 08:43 AM
Wasn't Tomlin a secondary coach in Minny? It surprises me that he would seem so cavalier about those positions in particular.

I don't know if he's so much cavalier about it as he doesn't like to give the media anything.

Steelman
01-08-2015, 09:13 AM
I don't know if he's so much cavalier about it as he doesn't like to give the media anything.

That's true. That's been his MO these past few weeks especially.

I just hope he's not drinking some sort of kool aid about that position group.

steelreserve
01-08-2015, 04:51 PM
You could suggest the secondary is the Steelers' biggest concern heading into the offseason, and it would be a fair point.

“You could (suggest) it,” coach Mike Tomlin said. “I am not.”

I agree with him. My biggest concern is the coach.

GBMelBlount
01-08-2015, 07:33 PM

and judging by the drafts it appears he doesn't like to give anyone else anything either...lol.