PDA

View Full Version : Winter Classic (I'm Pumped) Will tickets be a lot?

BPS3akaWirels3
05-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Did anyone go to the first Winter Classic? How much did you pay? Anyone have any idea what they will start at? I can handle up to $150 a ticket. Want to take the little lady..

steelpride12
05-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Im for sure going to this winter classic no doubt, but I just have a feeling these are going to be extremly expensive tickets, but it's something you don't go to or see everyday, im excited!

BPS3akaWirels3
05-29-2010, 09:03 PM
So true... I'm might just spent whatever they are going for to go...

Godfather
05-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Heinz Field got it for 2011? Last I heard they were looking at Citi Field.

BPS3akaWirels3
05-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Where you been.. We have it..

SteelersinCA
05-29-2010, 09:16 PM
I just hope it snows.

Official_ELS
05-29-2010, 09:45 PM
I'll be driving taxi this weekend abso-frikkin-lutely for sure. These sorts of events bring in boatloads of visitors and their cash into the city, and the Official wants to get his hands on a stack! WOOHOO.

steelerdude15
05-29-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm really excited for this!!! I hope to get tickets for it, it's going to be an awesome game!

X-Terminator
05-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Did anyone go to the first Winter Classic? How much did you pay? Anyone have any idea what they will start at? I can handle up to $150 a ticket. Want to take the little lady..

I went to the first Winter Classic, and the tickets really weren't that bad - I paid $50 for a limited-view seat, meaning I couldn't see the ice from where I was sitting. They ran anywhere from $75-$200 for a good seat, so I'm guessing they'll be in the same range because of the amount of seats they can sell. All Pens' season ticket holders will be able to buy tickets, which is great, so I know I'll be able to nab a couple. If you can go, I highly recommend it - it's an awesome experience!

salamander
05-29-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm in a bit of a pickle... I'm in the process of moving into my first apartment, so I'm buying all the stuff for it. I wanted to do the "all-inclusive" bus trip to a Steelers game like I did last season, then I find out about this. Hmm... what to do, what to do. lol.

BPS3akaWirels3
05-29-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm in a bit of a pickle... I'm in the process of moving into my first apartment, so I'm buying all the stuff for it. I wanted to do the "all-inclusive" bus trip to a Steelers game like I did last season, then I find out about this. Hmm... what to do, what to do. lol.

This is a once in a life time thing or atleast for the next 10-20 years..

salamander
05-29-2010, 10:23 PM
This is a once in a life time thing or atleast for the next 10-20 years..

I know. Money's really tight though since I'm moving into the apartment. I would love to go, but I don't either trip is happening.

steelpride12
05-29-2010, 11:14 PM
I know. Money's really tight though since I'm moving into the apartment. I would love to go, but I don't either trip is happening.

Well I hope you find a way to fork up some money this is something you may not get many chances to see because this will be the Pens 2nd Winter Classic and so close together they may not play for awhile and seeing this and being their would be amazing! Good luck!

Shea
05-30-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm already really excited about this game.

Living in California, there will be no way in hell I can go but I'm excited for you guys that can.

But even watching on TV is going to be something special. I can't wait!

salamander
05-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Well I hope you find a way to fork up some money this is something you may not get many chances to see because this will be the Pens 2nd Winter Classic and so close together they may not play for awhile and seeing this and being their would be amazing! Good luck!

I'm hoping that the Tour company that does the Steelers trips that I used last year has something for this game. That would be awesome because they usually include everything (hotel, game ticket, an all you can eat pregame tailgate party)

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2010, 02:44 PM
I just hope it snows.

It sure as heck would be great to have that much like we did in the classic against the Sabres a couple of years ago. Then we shall have great conditions for a Winter Classic.

X-Terminator
05-30-2010, 07:21 PM
It sure as heck would be great to have that much like we did in the classic against the Sabres a couple of years ago. Then we shall have great conditions for a Winter Classic.

Yeah, the snow up there made it that much more awesome. If the Hockey Gods are kind, it'll snow here too.

I'd also like to see them wear either this jersey:

http://pittsburghhockey.net/PensPages/PensJerseyHistory/Pensjerseyimages/91Road.jpg

or this one:

http://pittsburghhockey.net/PensPages/PensJerseyHistory/Pensjerseyimages/82Gold.jpg

steelpride12
05-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Yeah, the snow up there made it that much more awesome. If the Hockey Gods are kind, it'll snow here too.

http://pittsburghhockey.net/PensPages/PensJerseyHistory/Pensjerseyimages/91Road.jpg

or this one:

http://pittsburghhockey.net/PensPages/PensJerseyHistory/Pensjerseyimages/82Gold.jpg

The 91-92 season jerseys were and still are my all time favorites would love to see them on their backs again!

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2010, 09:15 PM

or this one:

I could go for those jerseys. I just wonder what classic ones that the Caps would use

steelpride12
05-30-2010, 09:26 PM
I could go for those jerseys. I just wonder what classic ones that the Caps would use

Maybe these ones? :noidea:http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/kingdakota_2008/2732376030100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

X-Terminator
05-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Maybe these ones? :noidea:http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/kingdakota_2008/2732376030100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

It would have to be that one - that's their original jersey that they wore for their first 25 years in the league.

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2010, 09:36 PM

Either that one or the nasty looking ones they had before and for a little bit after Ovie showed up.

ChosenOne
05-30-2010, 09:36 PM
I might cancel my yearly Steelers game trip to Pittsburgh for my birthday to go to the Winter Classic. Really not sure though.

steelpride12
05-30-2010, 11:33 PM
I might cancel my yearly Steelers game trip to Pittsburgh for my birthday to go to the Winter Classic. Really not sure though.

I won't miss the winter classic for the world. The Pens will not play in one for many seasons to come after this and it being in my home city makes it perfect!

ChosenOne
05-30-2010, 11:45 PM
I won't miss the winter classic for the world. The Pens will not play in one for many seasons to come after this and it being in my home city makes it perfect!

Well the only thing is that it's been a yearly tradition for my birthday for the past three or four years to travel to Pittsburgh (I live in California) and go to a Steelers game. I love doing that, but I don't know if I should try and go to the Winter Classic instead.

steelpride12
05-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Well the only thing is that it's been a yearly tradition for my birthday for the past three or four years to travel to Pittsburgh (I live in California) and go to a Steelers game. I love doing that, but I don't know if I should try and go to the Winter Classic instead.

That is for sure one hard decision, but man if you could make it to the Winter Classic that would be one thing that won't be in Pittsburgh at least 8 times in a season. Either or is a win win situation for you!

ChosenOne
05-31-2010, 02:46 AM
That is for sure one hard decision, but man if you could make it to the Winter Classic that would be one thing that won't be in Pittsburgh at least 8 times in a season. Either or is a win win situation for you!

Yeah it is. Well, going to the Winter Classic would sure be amazing. I'm gonna talk to my mom about it (she's who I go with each year) and we'll figure things out. I'll let you know which I'm going to. :)

steelpride12
05-31-2010, 08:40 AM
Yeah it is. Well, going to the Winter Classic would sure be amazing. I'm gonna talk to my mom about it (she's who I go with each year) and we'll figure things out. I'll let you know which I'm going to. :)

Sound's good to me! Is your mom a big Pens fan as well because that may help her decision!? :biggrin1:

BPS3akaWirels3
05-31-2010, 12:27 PM
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=40.973775&lon=-80.84199&zoom=9&q1=15222&q2=Cleveland%20OH

Well, here is what you do.. Go to the Winter Classic game which they usually start at Noon or so. After the game check out of your hotel and drive to Cleveland for that game which is our last regular season game and stay over night there and fly out of Cleveland the next day.. It's a 2 hours drive from Burgh to Stainsville..

HometownGal
05-31-2010, 01:19 PM
You can bet your sweet bippy XT and I will be there! :yay3:

ChosenOne
05-31-2010, 01:36 PM
Sound's good to me! Is your mom a big Pens fan as well because that may help her decision!? :biggrin1:

Yeah she is. Ha. She's coming home tomorrow so I'll figure things out then.

steelpride12
05-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah she is. Ha. She's coming home tomorrow so I'll figure things out then.

Sounds good, let me know im interested in your final decision!

X-Terminator
05-31-2010, 04:27 PM
You can bet your sweet bippy XT and I will be there! :yay3:

Damn straight! It'll be cold, but believe me, the experience is well worth it! :thumbsup:

ChosenOne
05-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Well I just sent her a text and asked if she'd rather go to the Winter Classic and she responded saying "not really." Well, I kind of rather would and we're gonna talk when she gets home. We'll see how this plays out!

steelpride12
05-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Well I just sent her a text and asked if she'd rather go to the Winter Classic and she responded saying "not really." Well, I kind of rather would and we're gonna talk when she gets home. We'll see how this plays out!

Good luck I hope you can convince her for the Winter Classic it's not around Pittsburgh very often, I for sure will be there!

ChosenOne
05-31-2010, 09:09 PM
Good luck I hope you can convince her for the Winter Classic it's not around Pittsburgh very often, I for sure will be there!

I'll try. If it does happen, that would be great and we should have some sort of Steel Universe meet-up with everyone who's going. Ha.

86WARD
05-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Never been to one, but I'm thinking they'll go for more than $150/ticket...

steelpride12
05-31-2010, 09:16 PM
I'll try. If it does happen, that would be great and we should have some sort of Steel Universe meet-up with everyone who's going. Ha.

Im down and I know X-T and HTG will gladly wanna meet up too It would be pretty sweet!

ChosenOne
06-02-2010, 04:39 PM
I don't know if I'll be going.

We may have come up with an agreement: go to the original Steelers game we planned on (vs. CIN - Dec. 12) AND go to a Pens game if there's one at home during the trip.

X-Terminator
06-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Never been to one, but I'm thinking they'll go for more than $150/ticket...

Yeah, if you want a decent 200-level club seat at Heinz. Otherwise, I guarantee you will be able to get a good seat, even if it's in the upper deck, for less than $100. We're talking about 65,000 seats, not 35,000 like there were in Chicago and Boston, or a playoff game. You won't have to take out a second mortgage to pay for tickets.

Im down and I know X-T and HTG will gladly wanna meet up too It would be pretty sweet!

Sure, why not? HTG will probably agree...I mean, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience (well, twice for me LOL).

Dodt
06-06-2010, 08:04 PM
to be honest i really want the pens to wear a different sweater for this winter classic like the old jersey from either the early 80's or the 90s road jersey

KeiselPower99
06-09-2010, 09:21 PM
I can only imagine how awesome its gonna look that day. Hopefully I can get ahold of a couple tickets.

BPS3akaWirels3
08-08-2010, 08:44 AM
It's almost mid-August.. Any date on when non-season ticket holders can get tickets? I hear the season ticket holders are not happy with the choices they have been given on tickets.. I see Caps are getting 10,000-12,000..

SteelCityMom
08-08-2010, 08:59 AM
It's almost mid-August.. Any date on when non-season ticket holders can get tickets? I hear the season ticket holders are not happy with the choices they have been given on tickets.. I see Caps are getting 10,000-12,000..

This is the latest I've heard on it...it seems like it's going to be a while till non-season ticket holders can get seats.

Penguins' Statement on Winter Classic Tickets
Thursday, 07.29.2010 / 2:00 PM / Features
Pittsburgh Penguins
All Penguins season ticket holders and suite holders will have a chance to purchase tickets to the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic at Heinz Field. Letters to season ticket holders and suite holders have been mailed.

Once we’ve received all the orders from season ticket holders and suite holders, we will make our remaining inventory available to members of the season ticket holder waiting list in the form of a lottery.

We also have reserved a block of tickets for Pittsburgh area youth hockey organizations.

As this is a National Hockey League event, the NHL and the Washington Capitals also have a Winter Classic ticket inventory.

An on-sale ticket lottery for the general public will be handled and communicated by the NHL sometime in October or November. Please check nhl.com for more Winter Classic ticket details.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535148

BPS3akaWirels3
08-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the update sweets..

X-Terminator
08-08-2010, 09:03 PM
HTG and I have already purchased our tickets, so we're good to go! :thumbsup: As for the lottery, if you do decide to get in on it, I'd suggest you do so that day, within the first few minutes of it, if you hope to get tickets at regular price. Otherwise, Stubhub and their sure-to-be ridiculous prices will be your only hope. Expect to pay at least $140 if you plan to get them through the lottery - that is the going rate for the cheapest seat.

BTW, some season ticket holders are complaining because of the seats they were assigned at Heinz. Everyone was assigned upper deck seating, but some are complaining about the location not being anywhere close to what they have at Consol, and some think that the full-season plan holders should have gotten lower-bowl seats. Also, the price difference between a lower bowl and an upper bowl seat is only $20, and some have complained about that. Unfortunately for them, the league controls seating arrangements for the game, not the Penguins, so they had to work with what they had. Luckily for us, our seats are nearly identical to what we have in Consol, both in sight line and number of rows back from the front.

BPS3akaWirels3
08-08-2010, 09:08 PM
That's what I read this morning.. So how can I be notified as soon as the auction is up? Any idea?

X-Terminator
08-08-2010, 09:18 PM
There will probably be an announcement sometime in October about the lottery, so I would just keep checking the Pens' website, or subscribe to the Pens' online newsletter.

BPS3akaWirels3
08-09-2010, 08:55 PM
There will probably be an announcement sometime in October about the lottery, so I would just keep checking the Pens' website, or subscribe to the Pens' online newsletter.

Cool.. Already on the newsletter distro.. Thanks

steelerdude15
08-09-2010, 10:14 PM
to be honest i really want the pens to wear a different sweater for this winter classic like the old jersey from either the early 80's or the 90s road jersey
That would be really cool to be honest. Something like the 1985 jersey would be awesome. :thumbsup:
http://nhl.speedera.net/image-upload/lemieux_pit_1985_tall.jpg
O by the way, you can get Winter Classic stuff off of the NHL's website: http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4388371&ab=CMS_HP_US_CSpot2_WinterClassicGear_072910
I'm looking at this really cool pack you can get from there: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4387112&cp=4388371&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

X-Terminator
08-14-2010, 10:41 PM
That would be really cool to be honest. Something like the 1985 jersey would be awesome. :thumbsup:
http://nhl.speedera.net/image-upload/lemieux_pit_1985_tall.jpg
O by the way, you can get Winter Classic stuff off of the NHL's website: http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4388371&ab=CMS_HP_US_CSpot2_WinterClassicGear_072910
I'm looking at this really cool pack you can get from there: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4387112&cp=4388371&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

Actually, given the logo, I think they're going to wear the blue jersey they wore in their very first season in 1967 that says "PITTSBURGH" down the front.

http://cdn.nhl.com/penguins/bc/images/history/uniforms/1.jpg

The logo for the WC is their original one with the skating penguin wearing a scarf. They dropped the scarf from the logo in 1968.

BPS3akaWirels3
08-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Actually, given the logo, I think they're going to wear the blue jersey they wore in their very first season in 1967 that says "PITTSBURGH" down the front.

http://cdn.nhl.com/penguins/bc/images/history/uniforms/1.jpg

The logo for the WC is their original one with the skating penguin wearing a scarf. They dropped the scarf from the logo in 1968.

Looks like I'll be getting a new jersey then... lol

SteelMember
08-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Longtime fans get left out in the cold
'It's like an All-Star Game or Super Bowl. It's a league event'

For Carl DiGiorgio, the geometry doesn't compute.

Placing 18,000 Penguins season-ticket holders among some 65,000 seats at Heinz Field for the Jan. 1 Winter Classic shouldn't leave such wide angles, he figures.

"I expected my seats to be in the lower bowl," DiGiorgio, of Upper St. Clair, said this week. "Instead, I'm in the upper bowl, section 531, near the top of the stadium.

"Maybe I'm just being naive, but I thought you would get rewarded for being a longtime season-ticket holder."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10231/1081076-61.stm

X-Terminator
08-20-2010, 04:36 PM
For Carl DiGiorgio, the geometry doesn't compute.

Placing 18,000 Penguins season-ticket holders among some 65,000 seats at Heinz Field for the Jan. 1 Winter Classic shouldn't leave such wide angles, he figures.

"I expected my seats to be in the lower bowl," DiGiorgio, of Upper St. Clair, said this week. "Instead, I'm in the upper bowl, section 531, near the top of the stadium.

"Maybe I'm just being naive, but I thought you would get rewarded for being a longtime season-ticket holder."

Hey you know what? Go ahead and sell them then. There will be someone who will be happy to sit in your seats if you don't want them. Oh and BTW, you sit in the upper fucking deck at Consol. Where the hell did you expect to sit for the Winter Classic? Same for that Crystal lady. When the information was made official, I fully expected to be placed in the upper deck, because that's where our seats are. And guess what? I was right! Section 507, row C, seats 1-2. And HTG and I will have a better view of the game than almost anyone sitting in the lower level. Thank you very much.

It's a once in a lifetime event that you may never see again, and people whine. Unbelievable. Fucking crybabies.

Oh, and BTW...I sat in the lower bowl at center ice for the first Winter Classic, and I couldn't see half the ice because of the boards being in the way. And I was no more than 10 rows from the field. So no, those are NOT the best seats in the house, Ms. Hamel. You are better off being higher up, because you will have a clean view of the entire ice surface.

The bigger outrage should be the Capitals getting 20,000 seats, while the Steelers only get 5,000. WTF?! The game is being played in the Steelers' stadium...how the hell do the Craps end up getting so many tickets???

SteelMember
08-23-2010, 11:45 AM
XT, I posted this specifically to get your reaction. I hope that doesn't qualify as baiting. :chuckle:

I don't know why these people are so upset. Like you said, It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm sure someone will be more than happy to take the ticket off their hands, and as the article states, "this is not considered a Penguins home game". I'm sure the NHL exec's are expecting all "hockey" fans, not just fans of these two particular teams. Outside hockey IS like an all-star event... It just hasn't happened as often.

As far as the caps fans, can we just get some kind of pied piper to lead them straight into the freezing river once they get off their busses. :noidea: :lol:

BPS3akaWirels3
08-29-2010, 09:04 AM
So it looks like I'm not going to the Winter Classic game... I was just on Ebay and saw a lot of bidding and tickets but the prizes are just unreal.. Nothing less then $500... Dagnabit..

Anyone know where I can go to get the tickets for the WBS Pen's/ Bears game at Consol... That will be about what I can afford... lol

X-Terminator
08-29-2010, 04:08 PM
XT, I posted this specifically to get your reaction. I hope that doesn't qualify as baiting. :chuckle:

I don't know why these people are so upset. Like you said, It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm sure someone will be more than happy to take the ticket off their hands, and as the article states, "this is not considered a Penguins home game". I'm sure the NHL exec's are expecting all "hockey" fans, not just fans of these two particular teams. Outside hockey IS like an all-star event... It just hasn't happened as often.

As far as the caps fans, can we just get some kind of pied piper to lead them straight into the freezing river once they get off their busses. :noidea: :lol:

The league is expecting fans from other teams to be there just like the first 3 WCs. However with the Pens, Craps and Steelers fans taking up over 55,000 seats, there will not be many available to the general public after you factor in tickets the league is giving out to corporate sponsors. They consider it their big event similar to the Super Bowl, but with a hell of a lot less hype or meaning. Anyway, the fact that these fans are bitching shows how spoiled many people have become, and can't just enjoy the moment since they may never have this opportunity again. I will now have the good fortune of attending 2 Winter Classics...who knows when I'll be able to see another one?

So it looks like I'm not going to the Winter Classic game... I was just on Ebay and saw a lot of bidding and tickets but the prizes are just unreal.. Nothing less then $500... Dagnabit..

Anyone know where I can go to get the tickets for the WBS Pen's/ Bears game at Consol... That will be about what I can afford... lol

Ticket info hasn't been released for that game yet, but I'm sure something will be sent via the Pens' online newsletter. Your best bet is to try to get in on the lottery if you want WC tickets. I'd check Craigslist as well - you may be able to get tickets for face value or slightly above through there.

X-Terminator
09-17-2010, 07:53 PM
2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Ticket Drawing Registration Begins Today Only on NHL.COM

The National Hockey League (NHL®) today announced that beginning today, fans can sign up on NHL.com to enter a general public, random drawing for an opportunity to purchase two of the limited number of tickets remaining to the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® – the outdoor NHL regular-season game between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Washington Capitals at 1 p.m. ET on January 1, 2011 at Heinz Field, home of the Pittsburgh Steelers. The game will be broadcast on NBC in the U.S. and on CBC and RDS in Canada.

Fans seeking a chance to win an opportunity to buy tickets to the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic can go to www.nhl.com/winterclassictickets (http://www.nhl.com/winterclassictickets) for Official Rules, complete details and to sign up for entry.

Registration for the general public, random ticket drawing will begin on Friday, September 17, 2010 at 2 p.m. ET and will run through Monday, October 11, 2010 at 11:59 a.m. ET. Registrations received after the deadline will not be accepted. There is no fee to register. Limit one entry per person or household. Registrants selected in the drawing will be notified by Tuesday, October 26, 2010 of their opportunity to purchase one pair of tickets (seated together) subject to seats available at time of purchase transaction.

More:
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537799&navid=DL|PIT|home (http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537799&navid=DL%7CPIT%7Chome)

X-Terminator
09-18-2010, 09:59 PM
bump

steelerdude15
09-19-2010, 02:29 AM
That's something I might have to look into. :scratchchin:

BPS3akaWirels3
09-19-2010, 06:59 AM
I'm registered.. I hope I don't win the chance to purchase $300 tickets.. I hope they are around $100 a piece..

Thanks XT... Wouldn't have known without you..

X-Terminator
09-19-2010, 07:12 AM
I'm registered.. I hope I don't win the chance to purchase $300 tickets.. I hope they are around $100 a piece..

Thanks XT... Wouldn't have known without you..

Expect to pay $129-149 per ticket. HTG and I paid $149 each for ours. Expensive, but not overbearingly so - not for an event like this.

BPS3akaWirels3
09-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Expect to pay $129-149 per ticket. HTG and I paid $149 each for ours. Expensive, but not overbearingly so - not for an event like this.

Your right about that... I have seen some crazy prices on Ebay...

steelpride12
09-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Ya I payed $280 for both tickets together and seriously not a bad price at all for two tickets compared to online ticket sellers.

steelerdude15
09-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Your right about that... I have seen some crazy prices on Ebay...
I'm pretty sure people are asking for ridiculous prices for the tickets.