PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Insider Ed Bouchette: Dick LeBeau ‘Wants To Keep Coaching’

Lady Steel
01-06-2015, 11:12 PM
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan)- Steelers Insider Ed Bouchette from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette joined “The Cook and Poni Show” Tuesday following Mike Tomlin’s season-ending press conference.

Tomlin, when asked by Bouchette at the press conference on the future of Dick LeBeau, said he had not spoken with him yet and that he would talk to all players and coaches prior to talking to the media.

Bouchette says LeBeau has no desire to retire and he would continue to coach whether here or with another team.

“Oh, he wants to come back. He wants to keep coaching,” Bouchette said. “And in fact, if they don’t want him here, I would expect him to try and find a job somewhere else and I think he would.”

Bouchette believes the Steelers think LeBeau is a great coach, but if they wish to keep Linebackers Coach Keith Butler, who has been rumored to be LeBeau’s replacement, they may feel it’s time to make a move.

Listen here:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/01/06/steelers-insider-ed-bouchette-dick-lebeau-wants-to-keep-coaching/

Dwinsgames
01-07-2015, 02:08 PM
keep Lebeau . if Butler cant deal with it , C-Ya

Psycho Ward 86
01-07-2015, 06:27 PM
im still not completely sold that the game hasnt passed him AT ALL. i mean jim haslett got exposed very quickly over time, dom capers got exposed very quickly over time. i dont expect absolute dynamite with a defensive roster like this, but this crew should have been able to perform better.

i need to see some "less is more" performances (i.e Todd Bowles this season, or the ravens playing well even though they have 6 DB's on iR) before i get really excited about dick lebeau returning again

Mojouw
01-07-2015, 08:47 PM
It seems like Lebeau likes to gamble less and less. Perhaps he feels that none of this crew can get there and make a sell-out blitz worth exposing the secondary.

But I miss the days of 5+ coming on the rush.

Steelman
01-08-2015, 08:46 AM
You better believe if they let him walk that he'll be getting immediate calls from Atlanta, Oakland, and the Jets.

I've been known to bash him for personnel/scheming deficiencies, but I don't know if the defense would automatically improve if he were to leave. He had some pretty rough things to work with this year and he still got a half-decent year out of them, wildcard game notwithstanding.

With so many young guys having had their toes dipped into the fire this year, I'd give him another year to see he can do with them. (Tuitt, Shazier, McCullers, V. Williams, Spence, Zumwalt, even Moats)

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2015, 12:29 PM
You better believe if they let him walk that he'll be getting immediate calls from Atlanta, Oakland, and the Jets.

I've been known to bash him for personnel/scheming deficiencies, but I don't know if the defense would automatically improve if he were to leave. He had some pretty rough things to work with this year and he still got a half-decent year out of them, wildcard game notwithstanding.

With so many young guys having had their toes dipped into the fire this year, I'd give him another year to see he can do with them. (Tuitt, Shazier, McCullers, V. Williams, Spence, Zumwalt, even Moats)

a lot of teams had rough things to work with. todd bowles, jim o'neil, and dean pees did a great job in the circumstances they were given. dick just kind of did about as much as you would expect given the players he had and the injuries he had (which werent even bad). my expectation for dick is just higher because he is supposed to be the best in the business.

i expect a defense in the upper 3rd next season and i think we'll be able to do that. we've honestly only been bad for two seasons. its so strange to think that we dont have to look back very far to see the last time we were good on defense. in 2012 we were #1 in total defense, , #6 in points allowed, #1 in pass defense, #2 in run defense

Feels like its been a lot longer than that, probably because of the lack of sacks and turnovers since 2010