PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben could have minor knee surgery

Steelman
01-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Tomlin did say that Big Ben could undergo minor offseason surgery on his knee, to get it cleaned up. We don't expect that minor surgery would affect Roethlisberger entering the 2015 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000454804/article/injury-roundup-big-ben-could-have-knee-surgery

I don't recall hearing about knee issues this season, or maybe I missed it? Looks to be a relatively minor thing, but worth noting as Ben's getting older.

steel striker
01-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Probably from the KC game.

Dwinsgames
01-06-2015, 03:20 PM
as a side note ... Ben to discuss all options with Agent ( according to Mr Ed the talking horse ) assuming that means contractually

ALLD
01-06-2015, 05:25 PM
What about Bell's knee? Don't wait until August if it needs a scope.

zulater
01-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Probably from the KC game.

That's what I'm thinking too. He hyper extended that knee pretty good when he got legged whipped. Wouldn't be shocked if it factored into his playoff performance. Missed a couple deep throws (end zone to Brown, one to Bryant) that he's been better at this season for the most part.. Also missed week before at Cincy on a go route to Bryant. If you're uncomfortable stepping into a deep pass you would think it's going to effect your throw.

86WARD
01-06-2015, 09:40 PM
That's what I'm thinking too. He hyper extended that knee pretty good when he got legged whipped. Wouldn't be shocked if it factored into his playoff performance. Missed a couple deep throws (end zone to Brown, one to Bryant) that he's been better at this season for the most part.. Also missed week before at Cincy on a go route to Bryant. If you're uncomfortable stepping into a deep pass you would think it's going to effect your throw.

Could be. There were times though that the pocket around Ben was collapsing and he didn't physically have the room to transfer weight to throw the ball...but it's probably a combination of the two maybe...just another thought.