PDA

View Full Version : Steelers veterans face uncertain futures following playoff loss

stillers4me
01-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Goodbye wasn't a word some Super Steelers would use after Saturday night's 30-17 loss to the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field.
Neither was retirement.

“After a loss, I don't know — the competitor in me (doesn't) want to end things this way,” linebacker James Harrison said, adding he was “not in the right mind frame” to decide he if would return next season to play for the Steelers or any NFL team..........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7494771-74/steelers-harrison-season#ixzz3Ns1BqJFw

- - - Updated - - -

This is the best thing I've read in a long, long time....... it's everything. It should be written in stone, gilded in gold and hung in every locker in that room.

Harrison described the Steelers as “a young team that will get better as guys learn to be professionals, learn to be Steelers.”

“Figure out what it takes to be a Steeler and not just play for the Steelers,” Harrison said. “It's a mindset. It's a work ethic. It's a determination.”

stillers4me
01-04-2015, 10:51 AM

Dwinsgames
01-04-2015, 11:26 AM
hard to believe a man of so few words and such physical action can be so philosophical

Drazo85
01-04-2015, 11:29 AM
- - - Updated - - -

Harrison described the Steelers as “a young team that will get better as guys learn to be professionals, learn to be Steelers.”

“Figure out what it takes to be a Steeler and not just play for the Steelers,” Harrison said. “It's a mindset. It's a work ethic. It's a determination.”

This is the best thing I've read in a long, long time....... it's everything. It should be written in stone, gilded in gold and hung in every locker in that room.

I agree. Steelers way all the way.

Lady Steel
01-04-2015, 01:50 PM
It's a way of life.

stillers4me
01-04-2015, 02:21 PM
That's why I hope both James and Keisel return next year. Their wisdom is irreplaceable.

Count Steeler
01-04-2015, 07:11 PM
hard to believe a man of so few words and such physical action can be so philosophical

Still waters run deep.