PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2015 Free Agents List

86WARD
01-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Now that the 2014 season has come to an end for the Pittsburgh Steelers, below is quick recap of all the players who will be free agents during the offseason.

Unrestricted Free Agents:
Jason Worilds – OLB
Ike Taylor – CB
Will Allen – FS
James Harrison – OLB
Matt Spaeth – TE
Greg Warren – LS
Brice McCain – CB
Darrius Heyward-Bey – WR
Arthur Moats – OLB
Michael Palmer – TE
Clifton Geathers – DE
Ben Tate – RB

Restricted Free Agents:
Will Johnson – FB
Robert Golden – FS
Antwon Blake – CB

Exclusive Rights Free Agents:
Chris Hubbard – G
Josh Harris – RB
Brad Wing – P
Terence Garvin – ILB
Bryant Browning – G – ?

Source: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/01/steelers-2015-free-agents-list/

Drazo85
01-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Bring back:
Moats
McCain
Allen
Spaeth
Harrison
I would retain all of restricted free agents.
Bring all exclusive rights FA to compete for a roster spot in training camp.

86WARD
01-04-2015, 10:27 AM
I would consider bringing back Tate for fair market value and if he were willing to be a back up. He's a decent veteran back.

KeiselPower99
01-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Moats
McCain
Spaeth
Allen( if Troy retires)
Tate
Harrison
Worilds
Warren

Along with all the Restricted and Exclusive rights guys.

MULLDOG24
01-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Worilds
Allen
Spaeth
McCain
Moats
Johnson and Blake RFA

Mojouw
01-04-2015, 11:35 AM
I would try and bring back:

Matt Spaeth – TE (monster blocker)
Greg Warren – LS (why not)
Brice McCain – CB (played his way into another contract)
Darrius Heyward-Bey – WR (classy vet who adds plenty besides on the field to the team)
Arthur Moats – OLB (someone needs to play OLB)
Clifton Geathers – DE (guy they seem to like)
Ben Tate – RB (need for vet back-up is obvious and I don't buy that Tate is "done" at 26)

Will Johnson – FB (not his fault he is rarely used)
Robert Golden – FS (who else do they have?)
Antwon Blake – CB (who else do they have?)

Josh Harris – RB (showed he belongs in the NFL)
Brad Wing – P (w/ camp competition)
Terence Garvin – ILB (special teams playmaker)

Steeldude
01-04-2015, 11:39 AM
I would try and bring back:

Matt Spaeth – TE (monster blocker)
Greg Warren – LS (why not)
Brice McCain – CB (played his way into another contract)
Darrius Heyward-Bey – WR (classy vet who adds plenty besides on the field to the team)
Arthur Moats – OLB (someone needs to play OLB)
Clifton Geathers – DE (guy they seem to like)
Ben Tate – RB (need for vet back-up is obvious and I don't buy that Tate is "done" at 26)

Will Johnson – FB (not his fault he is rarely used)
Robert Golden – FS (who else do they have?)
Antwon Blake – CB (who else do they have?)

Josh Harris – RB (showed he belongs in the NFL)
Brad Wing – P (w/ camp competition)
Terence Garvin – ILB (special teams playmaker)

No Harrison? Who is going to play OLB? For that matter, who is going to play defense? Moats and Jones aren't the answers. Without Harrison the Steelers' defense takes huge steps backwards.

Mojouw
01-04-2015, 11:44 AM
No Harrison? Who is going to play OLB? For that matter, who is going to play defense? Moats and Jones aren't the answers. Without Harrison the Steelers' defense takes huge steps backwards.

In my role as armchair GM, I refuse to plan and rely on significant contributions from a 37 year old OLB. I would plan on bringing in every young OLB I could find to camp throwing them all at the wall and seeing if anything sticks.

IF I was teh GM of the Steelers I would be making my plans with Harrison, Kiesel, Ike, and Troy all retiring.

dislocatedday
01-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Just a thought....but do the Steelers maybe take a chance on Brian Orakpo who might be had for not much money due to his injury history? I would not overpay for him, but if they can sign him to play on a 1 or 2 year "prove it" deal maybe that is a good risk to take.

Mojouw
01-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Just a thought....but do the Steelers maybe take a chance on Brian Orakpo who might be had for not much money due to his injury history? I would not overpay for him, but if they can sign him to play on a 1 or 2 year "prove it" deal maybe that is a good risk to take.

That would be a great idea if the price was right.

Dwinsgames
01-04-2015, 12:42 PM

I would take a late round flier on his little brother who is getting zero draft talk but is a real player

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/michael-orakpo-vs-uapb-2014/

torn acl /mcl ruined his 2014 season but he can play and the injury happened early in the year so should easily be ready for training camp

Steeltreal
01-04-2015, 12:49 PM
We should start picking up Cardinals and become 'Arizona East'

steelerdude15
01-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Now that the 2014 season has come to an end for the Pittsburgh Steelers, below is quick recap of all the players who will be free agents during the offseason.

Unrestricted Free Agents:
Jason Worilds – OLB
Ike Taylor – CB
Will Allen – FS
James Harrison – OLB
Matt Spaeth – TE
Greg Warren – LS
Brice McCain – CB
Darrius Heyward-Bey – WR
Arthur Moats – OLB
Michael Palmer – TE
Clifton Geathers – DE
Ben Tate – RB

Restricted Free Agents:
Will Johnson – FB
Robert Golden – FS
Antwon Blake – CB

Exclusive Rights Free Agents:
Chris Hubbard – G
Josh Harris – RB
Brad Wing – P
Terence Garvin – ILB
Bryant Browning – G – ?

Source: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/01/steelers-2015-free-agents-list/

I would bring back Will Allen, Matt, Greg, Brice, Arthur, Will Johnson, Robert, and Antwon in back up roles. I would possibly bring back James depending on if he would like to play again.

KeiselPower99
01-04-2015, 08:21 PM
I have been a fan of Kroy Biermann for a few years and think he could contribute and be cheap outside of Atlanta.

Steelman
01-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Fortunately none of our free agents will command large contracts, especially if they let Worilds go, which I hope they do.

With the need at OLB, signing Moats becomes a priority IMO. Invite Harrison to camp. History doesn't bode well for Tate, but maybe he gets his mind right and sees he can be an asset to our team in a backup role. If so, I'd sign him again.

The rest of these guys can compete for other backup roles. McCain and Allen especially.