PDA

View Full Version : Who Won't be Back Next Season... ?

katmandu
01-04-2015, 01:00 AM
Father time has finally caught up with some our Vets.

I'm thinking Ike, Troy, Brett and perhaps James will all be gone next year. Whew! That's hard to phathom!

Who do YOU think will not be back in a Steeler uniform next season ?

Steeltreal
01-04-2015, 01:16 AM
Dick

SteelerFanInStl
01-04-2015, 02:15 AM
Ike, Troy, Brett, hopefully Mitchell. We need to clean out the old guys and get on with the new.

I hope that Deebo comes back but he might not do it with his buddies gone.

steelreserve
01-04-2015, 03:34 AM
Ike, Troy, Kiesel, hopefully Cam Thomas, Palmer and Landry Jones. (Edit: oh yeah, and Worilds, how could I forget)

I wish they'd get rid of fucking Archer too, but I'm probably dreaming.

I still think they'd be well served to look for a new coach, but that's another story.

86WARD
01-04-2015, 05:39 AM
If it were up to me...Archer. Number one has to be Archer. Ike, Troy, Kiesel, Cam Thomas, Mitchell, Landry Jones, Justin Brown...stay away, Josh Harris, but bye. Brad Wing....see ha later. Cortez Allen...outta here.

Count Steeler
01-04-2015, 06:23 AM
Coaches: Munchak or Haley might get poached. LeBeau should retire, if not there will be other D coaches that will leave.

Landry Jones, Mike Mitchell, Cam Thomas, Troy, Brett, Ike, Worilds, Foster, Wing. Exit, stage right.

86WARD
01-04-2015, 08:24 AM
If Munchak gets poached, it would be the biggest off-season loss they could suffer.

BTW - Worilds...also let him go...I forgot about him...well...because he's been non-existent all season?

Godfather
01-04-2015, 08:54 AM
I'd be surprised if Ike, Diesel, and Deebo come back. Better than 50-50 Troy retires.

Somebody will overpay Worilds and he'll go there. Mike Mitchell needs to be cut today.

stillers4me
01-04-2015, 08:57 AM
I read an article earlier in the season and Munchak said he hoped to be in Pittsburgh a long time. Maybe he is not interested in a head coach position.

katmandu
01-04-2015, 08:59 AM
DickNo, LeBeau's ageless! Father Time can't catch him!

katmandu
01-04-2015, 09:05 AM
I read an article earlier in the season and Munchak said he hoped to be in Pittsburgh a long time. Maybe he is not interested in a head coach position.I remember that as well.

I've never seen a group of players improve so drastically in such a short time period mainly due to a coach! The man is one of the best coaches I've ever seen.

SteelerFanInStl
01-04-2015, 09:14 AM
I forgot Cam Thomas, Worilds and Landry Jones in my earlier post. Archer will be back so there's no need to even mention him.

I hate to say it but I also hope that LeBeau isn't back next year. Father Time has passed him and the whole league has caught on to what he's doing. We need a new coach with new schemes to fit our personnel.

Buckinnuts
01-04-2015, 01:16 PM
cut tate,taylor,troy, c allen, geathers, L jones, speath ,palmer, heyward bey, L moore, thomas, wing....trade archer for at least a 6rd

The Bark
01-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Justin Houston with Kansas City, because I want him a Steeler.

Lady Steel
01-04-2015, 01:26 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to Deebo and Da Beard sticking around for another year. It's time for Ike and Troy to retire, though, I'm sad to say. They were great in their prime, but their glory days are long gone.

Dwinsgames
01-04-2015, 01:26 PM
trade archer for at least a 6rd

and then drive yourself nuts 2x a year game planing to stop him when he is utilized properly

Mojouw
01-04-2015, 01:29 PM
If Archer is so damn bad that he needs exiled from the roster, why the hell would anyone else give up 6th rounder or higher for him?

If he is worth a 4-6th round draft pick than he clearly has value on an NFL roster. If that is the case, then why not in a Steelers uniform?

vader29
01-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Out of the old guys Harrison is the only one I think still has a couple of good years left, wish Keisel had at least one year left but unfortunately his injury probably wiped away any chances of playing next year at his age.

NCSteeler
01-04-2015, 01:45 PM
You must be kidding yourself , the way the steelers do business. Archer will be back, Mitchell will be back, Cortez will be back, good chance even lousy ass cam Thomas will be back. Ike, Troy, Keisel all gone, Harrison...idk, Worlids should only be back at a very team friendly price, moats, should be resigned but I worry he'll get some offers else where and we don't need to over pay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dwinsgames
01-04-2015, 01:49 PM
You must be kidding yourself , the way the steelers do business. Archer will be back, Mitchell will be back, Cortez will be back, good chance even lousy ass cam Thomas will be back. Ike, Troy, Keisel all gone, Harrison...idk, Worlids should only be back at a very team friendly price, moats, should be resigned but I worry he'll get some offers else where and we don't need to over pay

not that it is a deal breaker but I know first hand Shonda and Arther Moats BOTH Love the Pittsburgh area and the Steelers ( and the fan base )

That could keep him in the burgh if offer is fair / close to other offers but if it gets out of hand and an over the top offers comes his way I wouldnt bank on it cause this is a cash is king league

NCSteeler
01-04-2015, 01:58 PM
not that it is a deal breaker but I know first hand Shonda and Arther Moats BOTH Love the Pittsburgh area and the Steelers ( and the fan base )

That could keep him in the burgh if offer is fair / close to other offers but if it gets out of hand and an over the top offers comes his way I wouldnt bank on it cause this is a cash is king league

Glad to hear that. But honest who doesn't love the burgh. I hope he was low key enough we can keep him reasonable fair deal, but you never know in this league

katmandu
01-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Out of the old guys Harrison is the only one I think still has a couple of good years left, wish Keisel had at least one year left but unfortunately his injury probably wiped away any chances of playing next year at his age.IDK bout that. Diesel is a freak and is in freak-ish shape. That alone will get him over this injury for next season.

His madman warrior mentality will keep him in the game for at least another year.

The Bark
01-05-2015, 07:31 AM
http://oldcountrystrong.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/james-cosmo-braveheart-e88ab.jpg

I'm pretty sure this was Diesel in a past life. His injury is merely an arrow wound that needs to be cauterized. "Here. You can do it. I'll hold him down."

tube517
01-05-2015, 09:33 AM
I doubt Harrison comes back unless Kiesel comes back too. These guys are pretty close and I think they will be going on a long fishing or hunting trip and talk it over.

Steelman
01-05-2015, 11:17 AM
I'll put 'em in categories:

Utterly Useless: Cam Thomas. Landry Jones. Dri Archer.

Won't Miss Ya: Jason Worilds. Mike Mitchell. Lance Moore. Michael Palmer.

Hang 'em Up Already: Troy Polamalu. Ike Taylor.

Lady Steel
01-06-2015, 08:37 AM

86WARD
01-06-2015, 12:16 PM
I hate to say it, but that's a good thing...

Heinz Hitman
01-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Who I think won't be back:
Troy
Beard
Ike
Worrilds
Wing
Lance

Who I HOPE doesn't come back:
Archer
Cam Thomas