PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, 2014 Pittsburgh Steelers & Steelers Universe!

Lady Steel
01-03-2015, 10:42 PM
It's been one hell of a ride this season. Our beloved Steelers have come such a long, long way since Training Camp, which now seems like forever ago (probably because it was :lol:) and back-to-back 8-8 seasons. I never, ever would have thought they would be crowned the 2014 AFC North Champions, but they did it, and I'm quite happy with that. We believed, and good things happened for us this year. Please don't despair. We'll get 'em next year! :tt02:

Thank you to all my Steelers Nation brothers and sisters here at Steelers Universe. I am so happy I found all of you. We are family and have weathered this season through the good games, as well as the bad. You're the best, and I love you all. :hug:

salamander
01-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Despite tonight's loss, it turned out to be a decent season overall considering.

Count Steeler
01-03-2015, 10:49 PM
It's been one hell of a ride this season. Our beloved Steelers have come such a long, long way since Training Camp, which now seems like forever ago (probably because it was :lol:) and back-to-back 8-8 seasons. I never, ever would have thought they would be crowned the 2014 AFC North Champions, but they did it, and I'm quite happy with that. We believed, and good things happened for us this year. Please don't despair. We'll get 'em next year! :tt02:

Thank you to all my Steelers Nation brothers and sisters here at Steelers Universe. I am so happy I found all of you. We are family and have weathered this season through the good games, as well as the bad. You're the best, and I love you all. :hug:

You beat me to it, Lady. Thanks for joining us for the ride. Hoping for a great off-season and a better conclusion to the 2015 season.

fansince'76
01-03-2015, 10:54 PM
People were picking us to finish last in the division and we won the division title. Still missing a few pieces, but this season was a step in the right direction overall, IMO.

Boh
01-03-2015, 10:54 PM
best steeler forum on the net people wise. good game.

ill be back for MLB season

Count Steeler
01-03-2015, 10:55 PM

Thanks Boh. Good luck.

Lady Steel
01-03-2015, 10:58 PM

Congratulations on your win today, Boh. :)

Is it baseball season yet? LET'S GO BUCS! :chuckle:

HollywoodSteel
01-03-2015, 10:58 PM

Thanks, Boh. We all appreciate good and polite fans like yourself (and Crow-Mag and our friend from Raiders nation) who come and add insight to the discussions from a competitor's point of view. We can get heated sometimes, but for the most part we're all just trying to have a good time while adding to each others' overall knowledge.

stillers4me
01-03-2015, 11:00 PM
11-5 and winning the division sure feels a whole lot better than 8-8.

Tonight just wasn't our night. It didn't even feel like playoff game to me. The intensity of that kind of game wasn't there. The Ravens aren't all that and we were off.........I really felt like we could beat them with a good game plan that worked around NOT having Bell. But instead, we did the predictable and expected inexperienced players to "be the next man up" and do what Bell does. I was for once our coaches would adjust the game for the players we have, not the players they wished we had.

But, I digress. :lol: I really see only good things for this team. We snapped the 8-8 streak, won the division, and broke a few records along the way. On to 2015!

fansince'76
01-03-2015, 11:00 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Boh, and congrats! Good luck the rest of the way. :drink:

Renegade
01-03-2015, 11:03 PM
this season has been fun!! i know i came on the middle of it. i look forward to the first game next year. you guys have been great. i will log in next during training camp.

RENEGADE OUT

THANK YOU STEELERS

Craic
01-03-2015, 11:05 PM
People were picking us to finish last in the division and we won the division title. Still missing a few pieces, but this season was a step in the right direction overall, IMO.

This. Absolutely this.

Texasteel
01-03-2015, 11:12 PM

Thank you for finding us. I have a healthy respect for the ladies prospective on our team and this great game of football. Thanks to all our members, new and old, well most of you. We have argued, and agreed, laughed and cried, and for many of us have been helped through some hard times. That's what family is for, isn't it.

zulater
01-03-2015, 11:14 PM
Sorry I can't be gracious tonight. Sucks so bad to see the Ravens advance. Almost as bad as it was for the Steelers to lose it was that much worse because fuck head John Harbitch advanced!

Lady Steel
01-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Sorry I can't be gracious tonight. Sucks so bad to see the Ravens advance. Almost as bad as it was for the Steelers to lose it was that much worse because fuck head John Harbitch advanced!

I'm sure we all feel your pain, but every little thing is gonna be alright. :hug:

Steelman
01-04-2015, 12:20 AM
I'm so beyond pissed I'm gonna wait until tomorrow or even later to cool off and discuss the future of this team.

Definitely been a hell of a ride this year. I was really hoping we could win another ring for James and Troy, but alas, it wasn't to be so.

ALLD
01-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Thanks, Boh. We all appreciate good and polite fans like yourself (and Crow-Mag and our friend from Raiders nation) who come and add insight to the discussions from a competitor's point of view. We can get heated sometimes, but for the most part we're all just trying to have a good time while adding to each others' overall knowledge.

Having posters from other teams, especially rivals make this a better forum- as long as they keep it polite. I think Boh and the Raider dude make excellent contributions to this forum. Good luck to both of their teams in the playoffs.

86WARD
01-04-2015, 07:58 AM
I don't know...I don't feel like this season was a success. Sure it was at times there were bright spots (see Weeks 7 & 8), but overall, I feel the defense was terrible, the special teams were worse and the coaching overall was utterly terrible. The only thing consistent with this team was the inconsistencies. Ben, Bell and Brown were bright spots and I enjoyed watching those three but overall, this team should've never won the AFC North and really wasn't worthy of a playoff spot...IMO. Then there was the draft...Archer???

Steelers Universe on the other hand...playoff worthy. :drink:

GBMelBlount
01-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Thank you for finding us. I have a healthy respect for the ladies prospective on our team and this great game of football.

Thanks to all our members, new and old, well most of you. We have argued, and agreed, laughed and cried, and for many of us have been helped through some hard times.

That's what family is for, isn't it.

This.

Having been friends with many of you for 7 years and longer now I honestly do feel as though most all of you are like family to me.

This is a place that no matter what else is going on in the world that I can come and break bread, bitch, complain and blow off some steam amongst dear friends.

Whether it is tube with a funny comment, vader with a funny meme, zu bitching about anything (love you zu!), or steelereserve or ALLD saying something that is completely inappropriate :lol: ...

and the mods for making SU the great place it is...

I absolutely love this place...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fulz4ytZ54

Texasteel
01-04-2015, 08:25 AM
I don't know...I don't feel like this season was a success. Sure it was at times there were bright spots (see Weeks 7 & 8), but overall, I feel the defense was terrible, the special teams were worse and the coaching overall was utterly terrible. The only thing consistent with this team was the inconsistencies. Ben, Bell and Brown were bright spots and I enjoyed watching those three but overall, this team should've never won the AFC North and really wasn't worthy of a playoff spot...IMO. Then there was the draft...Archer???

Steelers Universe on the other hand...playoff worthy. :drink:

Now if we could just get the Steelers to let us do the drafting.

Butch
01-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Damn Good post Lady Steel, we are fortunate to have your contributions to this site. Hope you stick around for a long time.

Thank you as well to the fans from other teams, I love that you come here and contribute to what this site has become. Different opinions are what makes for the most interesting conversations as long as it is respectful and yinz do that.

As for the season I do not see it as a success. I would trade all the records that are totally meaningless, unless you are brady or manning, for a playoff run.

I was very confident in this team and their chances to do better. There is plenty of blame to go around for why we didn't go forward and IMHO a lot goes to the decisions made by the front office and or coaching staff. Like it or not we needed to not only develop Bell we needed to develop his backup as well. I am not saying his injury was caused by us using him, rather that we did not get this team prepared to play in his absence. We put all our eggs in one basket and I blame that more than anything else why we are playing golf during football season. I hate it and I expected Much more. Someone please inform the Steelers organization that "Stats are for losers". RIP Emperor Chaz.

My 2 cents for what it is worth.

Crow-Magnon
01-04-2015, 08:51 AM
Neither the Steelers or the Ravens played in January 2014- the Bengals did. And they appeared early to be cruising to another AFCN title. So for all three teams to make the post-season, and for Pittsburgh to win the AFCN crown, is an accomplishment. Now, if Baltimore had lost last night, I would probably not be thinking that right now, but it is true nonetheless.

I will say I post here more frequently than any other NFL website. There are some real homers here, but nowhere near as many as there are on other sites (including Ravens sites). A lot of passionate yet knowledgeable posters here, willing to discuss both strengths and weaknesses.

Good luck in the offseason. Even if Baltimore doesn't make it to Glendale, I hope they put a pounding on Marcia next Saturday. Yes, he's a great QB, and has won three SB's. But God Almighty, such a primadonna!

ALLD
01-04-2015, 09:39 AM
This song might make some feel better after last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTTX6Wlf1Y

stillers4me
01-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Having posters from other teams, especially rivals make this a better forum- as long as they keep it polite. I think Boh and the Raider dude make excellent contributions to this forum. Good luck to both of their teams in the playoffs.

Nick, you devil!! :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck in the offseason. Even if Baltimore doesn't make it to Glendale, I hope they put a pounding on Marcia next Saturday. Yes, he's a great QB, and has won three SB's. But God Almighty, such a primadonna!

It looks like we are on the same team after all! :lol:

Moose
01-04-2015, 10:07 AM
Well, that is that. Like so many here, I only predicted a 9-7 season or so but became pleasantly excited when the team improved before our eyes. And winning the division was icing on the cake. Seeing our rookies coming out was awesome. Definitely started our dreams to a playoff run, but deep down thinking we'd be lucky to win one playoff game. Depending on what Steeler team came out of the tunnel. While watching the game last night I actually thought we could win this game. But then the 'Steeler team that started the season' start playing. We started doing nothing, the rat's drove constantly down the field untouched most of the time. We got 3pts while driving down the field, while they got 7pts.. Someone in the Front Office should take math classes, you can never stick with 3's and win against someone who is getting 7's. I stayed up until the 3rd quarter hoping that our guys would make adjustments at halftime and come out like the 'other' Steeler team. As we now know that didn't happen. The game continued is misery. So, now I find myself this morning hoping for a great off season for our player's and fan's. Hopefully we'll have a great draft this year and actually get some player's we NEED. I hope the FO makes wise decisions on player's and coaches as far as who to keep, who to let go. May everyone out there have a healthy and safe winter, spring and summer. I hope the bungholes LOSE to the Colt's so I don't have to listen to those obnoxious SOB's and them chanting super bowl crap. So, although it is a sad ending, it was a good year and a division title. I will stop in from time to time to see what's happenin' and who's doing what. Please everyone stay safe and healthy. Cya' all....God bless......GO Colts ! (for today against bungholes)

Merchant
01-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Really tough way to end the season. So many "almost" moments: Brown being pushed out of the endzone, the holding call on the TD, Harrison nearly sacking Flacco before his TD, the ball almost hitting the ground on Ben's interception... It's been quite the ride ladies & gents. One more good draft on the defensive side of the ball and we will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Reload!

Polamalu Princess
01-04-2015, 11:07 AM
I am a Steeler fan. I am a fan through the good, bad and ugly. Always a fan. Love being here on SU! Thank you all.

Dwinsgames
01-04-2015, 11:11 AM
we went further than I anticipated ...

that being said the holes are glaring and the needs clear ...

upgraded pass rush , Upgraded coverage in the secondary and is there any question we need help at Offensive Tackle ?

vader29
01-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Because of the defense I didn't think they had a shot at the division title this year so it was a good year overall for the young guys to get some confidence and also get some playoff experience even though it was loss and they can hopefully be better prepared next season.

zulater
01-04-2015, 04:00 PM
we went further than I anticipated ...

that being said the holes are glaring and the needs clear ...

upgraded pass rush , Upgraded coverage in the secondary and is there any question we need help at Offensive Tackle ?

Yeah there is. One bad game doesn't mean they can't pass block. I think it was more about a poor game plan poorly executed than any glaring lack of talent. I think it was a mindset that came from missing the guy who accounted for over a 1/3 of your seasons offense that snowballed when early momentum wasn't seized. Score a first half touchdown and it's an entirely different team that comes out in the 3rd quarter.

Beachum and Gilbert had a subpar game. As did Castro, Pouncey, and Heath Miller. You want to replace everyone over a bad game? Over the season Beachum was a top 10 offensive tackle. Gilbert after a slow start settled down and played effective football over the rest of the season. I'd put him at average or slightly above for the year. Neither needs to be nor will be replaced.

There's enough legitimate needs on this team without inventing them over one bad game.

ursuchawhiner
01-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Didn't think we would win the afc north ! Great season , looking fwd to 2015 Steeler football baby ![emoji121]️[emoji458]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteelerFanInStl
01-05-2015, 01:05 PM
It was a Rollercoaster ride, that's for sure.

steel striker
01-05-2015, 02:10 PM
It was some season and, at times it looked bad then it looked pretty good. Not the ended any of us wanted to see but, still there is alot to look foward to such as a young oline, great RB, a very good QB & one of the best WR's in the game. Just need some improvement on the defenisve side.

CapLovesTroyP43
01-05-2015, 11:04 PM
I sure am glad to be a part of the Universe. I've met some very nice people and I can't thank you enough for your lovely thoughts and prayers concerning my Dad and whole family. Makes a heavy load so much more lighter having friends like you. Thanks a million!!

Much Love,

Cap

tube517
01-06-2015, 05:22 AM
Greatest forum and can't wait for the draft and next season! :tt02: