PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Arizona Cardinals:

thesteelerdealer
01-03-2015, 12:52 AM
I think in a lot of ways, we resemble a BETTER version of that 2008 squad we met and beat in the Super Bowl. And they were a play away from winning it as well. I mean look at the comparisons. They were a Offensive team...led by Kurt Warner...a past Super Bowl winning QB. They had a Dynamic passing attack, but unlike us, they had no running attack at all. I mean that AZ team was Dead last in Rushing. They had Edgerrin James...but he was way past his prime, and only rushed for a little over 500 yards.

They of course had Dynamic WR's...but certainly no better then ours. They averaged LESS offensive yards then we do, and they played in the worst Division in the league...as where we played in easily the toughest. And Defensively...they were ranked 28th. And had 28 team sacks ( To our 33 )..and had less Interceptions as a team as well. And as they proved, if you get Hot at what you do do well, which for them was their offense...you can get to the Big game.

I think this Steelers team has a lot in common with that Arizona team. I just hope we can have some what the same results and not only get to the Super Bowl...but maybe win it in the final seconds. Unlike the Cardinals in 2008 ( Thank God ) :pray:

ALLD
01-03-2015, 06:21 AM
No Le'veon Bell, no Super Bowl appearance.

86WARD
01-03-2015, 07:01 AM
No Le'veon Bell, no Super Bowl appearance.

This and Fitzgerald and Boldin at that stage are better than Antonio Brown and which ever other receiver the Steelers have that you want to pair as a comparison. Boldin and Fitzgerald were both in the prime of their career, both Pro Bowlers. The Steelers lack that second guy at the moment.

thesteelerdealer
01-03-2015, 10:01 AM
It's not about Receivers...it's about OFFENSE. And the Steelers have the better OFFENSE then yes...even that Arizona team. They had Fitz and Bolin...but that was basically it. As where Pittsburgh has a multiple of weapons...AND a Running game that AZ never had. So they are similar in is much as both the 2008 AZ team and us this year are definitely more offense then defense, or a mixed Balance of the 2.

86WARD
01-03-2015, 01:55 PM
They of course had Dynamic WR's...but certainly no better then ours.

?

Psycho Ward 86
01-03-2015, 05:17 PM
to be fair their receivers were better, but we can spread the ball around to more people

Fitz + Boldin + Breaston all in their prime > Brown + Bryant + Wheaton easily