PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Darius Heyward-Bey

Craic
01-01-2015, 12:21 PM
I know people rail against the guy, and in truth, he isn't anything to write home about as a receiver, but I love this guy's attitude about playing.

Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, a former first-round pick, has played mostly on special teams for the Steelers. “I am good with my role. This offseason when I came in and signed here, I told myself if I want to make this team, be a part of this, I can't be selfish. I have to be about the team, which is easy for me to do. But we all have egos and personal goals.” Heyward has three catches for 33 yards and five special-teams tackles.

If we keep him for that reason alone, I'm okay with it. Having that kind of speed on special teams, with a heart to work at it and stay on the team, isn't at all bad.
http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/7461230-74/tate-roethlisberger-team#ixzz3NaGanArp

Mojouw
01-01-2015, 12:26 PM
DHB suffers from the Raiders waaaaayyy over-drafting him. He is great as the 4th or 5th WR. But typically guys in the 1st round have a larger role than that. I am a DHB fan simply because he has found a way to contribute and have a role on an NFL team despite his struggles as a WR. Many players can not do that. Say, Limas Sweed, for example.

thesteelerdealer
01-01-2015, 12:30 PM
I also like the way he Blocks out on plays. He throws his body around ala Hines Ward.

steelpride12
01-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Cut him. A good attitude has nothing to do with how you play on the field. His skill is lacking and he has not proved himself. Not even for Raider standards.

tube517
01-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Keep him off the "all hands" onside kick team.

Shoes
01-01-2015, 05:02 PM
DHB suffers from the Raiders waaaaayyy over-drafting him. He is great as the 4th or 5th WR. But typically guys in the 1st round have a larger role than that. I am a DHB fan simply because he has found a way to contribute and have a role on an NFL team despite his struggles as a WR. Many players can not do that. Say, Limas Sweed, for example.

QFT…he's making a positive impact on ST and its nice to have an experienced backup WR.

Steelman
01-01-2015, 05:52 PM

I think you're right, good post. I'm glad Tomlin kept him over Justin Brown.

86WARD
01-01-2015, 06:00 PM
He's terrible as a receiver. Better than Justin Brown...but still terrible. He is however, decent on special teams and has been playing well for that unit. He's actually an asset there.

Godfather
01-01-2015, 07:06 PM
He's best known for falling down on a route in Oakland, allowing the defender to play centerfield for an easy pick.

But if he's fast, can tackle, and can't catch, we might want to consider converting him to a defensive back.

Butch
01-01-2015, 07:10 PM
He's best known for falling down on a route in Oakland, allowing the defender to play centerfield for an easy pick.

But if he's fast, can tackle, and can't catch, we might want to consider converting him to a defensive back.

I'm for it, if he can tackle.

Shoes
01-01-2015, 08:04 PM

The second coming of Ike….but a good idea GF!