PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's Steelers vs Ravens Playoff Preview

EmDiggy
01-01-2015, 12:14 PM
http://footballgameplan.com/football-gameplans-2015-nfl-playoff-preview-ravens-vs-steelers/

Good afternoon Steeler fans and Happy New Year! Good luck this week!

Em

Dwinsgames
01-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Thanks @FBallGameplan (https://twitter.com/FBallGameplan) always interesting to see your take and breakdown ... much appreciated Coach

thing is Emory Hunt has forgotten more about football than the average person learns in a lifetime a true wealth of information

Count Steeler
01-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Thanks for posting Em. Please excuse our newest member.

thesteelerdealer
01-01-2015, 01:21 PM

If you're talking aboubt me, then don't excuse me. Try calling out the guy who would suggest that the steelers not only play Archer in a receiver role...which he has never done, but playing him and Harris at the same time would totally be dumb, and would cut in half our established weapons on offense. Also, when he diagrams what the steelers need to do to Blitz at Flacco, he doesn't even address the fact that unlike the last game where we got 4 sacks on Flacco, and 11 other hurries....that in this game Baltimore will LIKELY be without their 4 time NFL All-Pro Linemen in Eugene Monroe, and that Rookie James Hurst will play at LT, or at the very least start at RT. That is a HUGE Factor in this game.

And he doesn't even address the weather....which WILL be a Major factor as well. I mean the man knows his football....but is not seriously factoring in all the elements of this particular Match-up with Baltimore. So no matter what you may think of that guy...don't excuse me or my football knowledge. I played it for several years at a Major Division 1 College for maybe the Games greatest College Coach ever. So I think I know my stuff.

Shoes
01-01-2015, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the preview EM, always appreciated!

Dwinsgames
01-01-2015, 01:22 PM

yes please do ...

I pride myself on what I know about the game and all the work I put into prospects but I will be the first to admit Em knows far more than I do , I envy his knowledge but at the same time am Happy to have him ( and others ) as learning tools and tips to things to consider and look for in prospects that at times I over look or just had not caught while watching tape ...

top it all off he is a class act and someone we could all learn from not only as a football mind but as a people ...

polamalubeast
01-01-2015, 01:24 PM
4 time NFL All-Pro Linemen in Eugene Monroe

What?????

thesteelerdealer
01-01-2015, 01:32 PM
yes please do ...

I pride myself on what I know about the game and all the work I put into prospects but I will be the first to admit Em knows far more than I do , I envy his knowledge but at the same time am Happy to have him ( and others ) as learning tools and tips to things to consider and look for in prospects that at times I over look or just had not caught while watching tape ...

top it all off he is a class act and someone we could all learn from not only as a football mind but as a people ...

I am sure he is very nice. And I know he knows football terminology. I just was not Impressed how he approached this game. He excluded a lot of key areas. That was my point.

Count Steeler
01-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Just watched it. That guy is easily the most clueless person I have ever heard. He knows ZIP about Football, and this particular Raven/Steeler match-up. Good comedy though...thanks.

If you're talking aboubt me, then don't excuse me. Try calling out the guy who would suggest that the steelers not only play Archer in a receiver role...which he has never done, but playing him and Harris at the same time would totally be dumb, and would cut in half our established weapons on offense. Also, when he diagrams what the steelers need to do to Blitz at Flacco, he doesn't even address the fact that unlike the last game where we got 4 sacks on Flacco, and 11 other hurries....that in this game Baltimore will LIKELY be without their 4 time NFL All-Pro Linemen in Eugene Monroe, and that Rookie James Hurst will play at LT, or at the very least start at RT. That is a HUGE Factor in this game.

And he doesn't even address the weather....which WILL be a Major factor as well. I mean the man knows his football....but is not seriously factoring in all the elements of this particular Match-up with Baltimore. So no matter what you may think of that guy...don't excuse me or my football knowledge. I played it for several years at a Major Division 1 College for maybe the Games greatest College Coach ever. So I think I know my stuff.

Then stick to the analysis of the game and don't call someone "clueless".

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched it. That guy is easily the most clueless person I have ever heard. He knows ZIP about Football, and this particular Raven/Steeler match-up. Good comedy though...thanks.

I am sure he is very nice. And I know he knows football terminology. I just was not Impressed how he approached this game. He excluded a lot of key areas. That was my point.

You failed miserably in making it.

Shoes
01-01-2015, 01:49 PM
4 time NFL All-Pro Linemen in Eugene Monroe.

What?????

Exactly…

smokin3000gt
01-01-2015, 01:49 PM

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. I can immediately separate your posts from any post here on the board without looking at names because you are a condescending ''know it all.'' You must be a lot of fun to have a beer with. You don't know how to talk to people and I'm honestly beginning to think you have some kind of social retardation like aspergers.

Dwinsgames
01-01-2015, 01:56 PM
wow .. I have him on ignore if not for the quotes would not have realized just how ignorant the comments where and I say Ignorant from a multitude of perspectives , not only in the level of disrespect but also in actual knowledge and once again twisting words ....

says he is clueless about football and then says knows his football ... which is it anyways ? ( He being EM)

then we get this little gem
I played it for several years at a Major Division 1 College for maybe the Games greatest College Coach ever

based on the level of disrespect I can say without reservation he did not play for Paul Bear Bryant or Woody Hayes because they would have booted an ego maniac like him off the team before spring practices left out ( that being said and the lack of true knowledge and am gonna go out on the limb and say LIES )

Shoes
01-01-2015, 02:00 PM
wow .. I have him on ignore if not for the quotes would not have realized just how ignorant the comments where and I say Ignorant from a multitude of perspectives , not only in the level of disrespect but also in actual knowledge and once again twisting words ....

says he is clueless about football and then says knows his football ... which is it anyways ? ( He being EM)

based on the level of disrespect I can say without reservation he did not play for Paul Bear Bryant or Woody Hayes because they would have booted an ego maniac like him off the team before spring practices left out ( that being said and the lack of true knowledge and am gonna go out on the limb and say LIES )

………and I'd add the perfect example of what is written in my signature.

thesteelerdealer
01-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Exactly…

Excuse me...4 time Pro Bowler...which he has played in. And he is considered one of the better OL in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right. I never played for them. Cause neither are anywhere near the coaching pedigree that the coach I played for has. Nice try though son.

polamalubeast
01-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Monroe has never been in the pro bowl too:ranger:

thesteelerdealer
01-01-2015, 02:45 PM

Really ? I thought I have seen him in several of them. Maybe never voted in, but as a replacement. But regardless he is a talented LT in this league.

Side note...Looks like things are looking pretty Bad for Alabama tonight against Ohio State if the current SEC trend continues.

Shoes
01-01-2015, 02:50 PM
4 time NFL All-Pro Linemen in Eugene Monroe.

What?????

Exactly…

Excuse me...4 time Pro Bowler...which he has played in.

Really ? I thought I have seen him in several of them. Maybe never voted in, but as a replacement. But regardless he is a talented LT in this league.

Side note...Looks like things are looking pretty Bad for Alabama tonight against Ohio State if the current SEC trend continues.

On a side note your full of sh*t!

thesteelerdealer
01-01-2015, 02:53 PM

And on a side note...it's " YOU'RE "...not Your! And I am not. The SEC is getting their heads handed to them so far. And Ohio State is no Joke.

Shoes
01-01-2015, 03:01 PM
And on a side note...it's " YOU'RE "...not Your! And I am not. The SEC is getting their heads handed to them so far. And Ohio State is no Joke.

But YOU ARE and a VERY INSECURE ONE.

thesteelerdealer
01-01-2015, 03:04 PM
But YOU ARE and a VERY INSECURE ONE.

You wanna bet on the game then ? I will take Ohio State, you can have Alabama. The Loser has to not post the entire game Saturday night ?....I'm ready, are you ?

Shoes
01-01-2015, 03:04 PM
You wanna bet on the game then ? I will take Ohio State, you can have Alabama. The Loser has to not post the entire game Saturday night ?....I'm ready, are you ?

Go take your pills.

Lady Steel
01-01-2015, 03:07 PM

This from a guy who doesn't know how to spell "clever." Yeah, okay. :rolleyes3:

Look, if you want to continue to be condescending to everyone, I have a couple other Steelers' fan message boards that I could recommend that would be perfect for you. They would eat you alive.

Dwinsgames
01-01-2015, 03:08 PM

a classic in the making

thesteelerdealer
01-01-2015, 03:09 PM

Look, if you want to continue to be condescending to everyone, I have a couple other Steelers' fan message boards that I could recommend that would be perfect for you. They would eat you alive.

Good point. Of course shoes could have chosen to not insult me first, and rather address my point about Alabama and Ohio State couldn't have he ? But you make a good point. I shouldn't call out his spelling when I screwed up myself.

Lady Steel
01-01-2015, 03:10 PM
http://footballgameplan.com/football-gameplans-2015-nfl-playoff-preview-ravens-vs-steelers/

Good afternoon Steeler fans and Happy New Year! Good luck this week!

Em

Thank you, Em. Happy New Year! :)

Dwinsgames
01-01-2015, 03:10 PM

maybe just give them to him anyways cause it wont be long before he is bounced from here like a rubber ball

Condescending ..... in every thread
Argumentative ........in every thread
Rude .................. in every thread
Disrespectful ........ in every thread

two things those all have in common with .... 13 year olds and people who no longer have the privilege of posting in this forum

Shoes
01-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Good point. Of course shoes could have chosen to not insult me first, and rather address my point about Alabama and Ohio State couldn't have he ? But you make a good point. I shouldn't call out his spelling when I screwed up myself.

You won't get any sympathy from me, nor another response.
:asskick:

Dwinsgames
01-01-2015, 03:25 PM
maybe just give them to him anyways cause it wont be long before he is bounced from here like a rubber ball

Condescending ..... in every thread
Argumentative ........in every thread
Rude .................. in every thread
Disrespectful ........ in every thread

two things those all have in common with .... 13 year olds and people who no longer have the privilege of posting in this forum

the biggest shame of all is how derailed this thread got because of him ..... ( like many threads of late )

Em please accept our apologies on behalf of Steelers Universe

salamander
01-01-2015, 04:04 PM
So once again I come to check out a thread only to see it ruined by "thesteelerdeal." :doh:

Dwinsgames
01-01-2015, 04:06 PM
So once again I come to check out a thread only to see it ruined by "thesteelerdeal." :doh:

sadly its become a common theme as of late

fansince'76
01-01-2015, 04:06 PM
C'mon folks, back on topic, please.

X-Terminator
01-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Literally...this is me after reading this thread.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/WitchyWebcomics/My%20Motivationals/DoubleFacepalm.jpg

Texasteel
01-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Get back on the subject please. I don't want a member BBQ started here.

steelpride12
01-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Looks like I haven't missed a beat around here. Drama drama drama. Stay on topic and be nice to each other.

one side only
01-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Back to the subject at hand, and I'm prepared to get flamed, but I have to agree with thesteelerdealer's reaction to the video. First, the suggestion that Archer would line up in that formation, with another RB may be the craziest thing I've ever seen. This illustration speaks to thesteelerdealer's point that the guy in the video is talking in generalities (and made up ones at that) and mentions none of the nitty gritty details that really will be the pivot points of this game. There is no evidence to suggest the Steelers will alter their offense to compensate for the absence of Le'Veon Bell. To the contrary, there is plenty of evidence in terms of coaches and players comments, to suggest the Steelers will use Josh Harris in the same manner as they would have used Bell. In fact, they will use Dri Archer in the same way as well, although he will be used less. If we see a formation similar to that shown on the video, or if we even see Harris and Archer in at the same time, this guy will prove to be the world's greatest prognosticator in history and I will gladly eat crow. Well, not gladly, because such an idea could only come from Todd Haley eating a bad pizza and having a nightmare in which such a scheme would be concocted. The Steelers have not used two running backs at the same time since the Franco and Rocky days. John L. Wiliams, Dan Kreider, and even Will Johnson are fullbacks, and they weren't used this way.

Secondly, the analyst did not talk about the shuffling going on the Ravens offensive line, the fact that Haloti Ngata will be back (rusty or no?), Timmy Jernigan likely missing the game, that Flacco hasn't been throwing the ball deep (lowest % of deep balls in his career; deliberately, as designed by Gary Kubiak), and a plethora of other factors that will go a long way in determining the outcome of this game.

Again, I'll say this guy knows the X and O part of the game, but those symbols have names, specific abilities, strengths and weaknesses, especially when analyzed in the context of the opponent and specific circumstances, and I didn't see or hear much of that level of analysis.

Count Steeler
01-02-2015, 09:13 AM
Back to the subject at hand, and I'm prepared to get flamed, but I have to agree with thesteelerdealer's reaction to the video. First, the suggestion that Archer would line up in that formation, with another RB may be the craziest thing I've ever seen. This illustration speaks to thesteelerdealer's point that the guy in the video is talking in generalities (and made up ones at that) and mentions none of the nitty gritty details that really will be the pivot points of this game. There is no evidence to suggest the Steelers will alter their offense to compensate for the absence of Le'Veon Bell. To the contrary, there is plenty of evidence in terms of coaches and players comments, to suggest the Steelers will use Josh Harris in the same manner as they would have used Bell. In fact, they will use Dri Archer in the same way as well, although he will be used less. If we see a formation similar to that shown on the video, or if we even see Harris and Archer in at the same time, this guy will prove to be the world's greatest prognosticator in history and I will gladly eat crow. Well, not gladly, because such an idea could only come from Todd Haley eating a bad pizza and having a nightmare in which such a scheme would be concocted. The Steelers have not used two running backs at the same time since the Franco and Rocky days. John L. Wiliams, Dan Kreider, and even Will Johnson are fullbacks, and they weren't used this way.

Secondly, the analyst did not talk about the shuffling going on the Ravens offensive line, the fact that Haloti Ngata will be back (rusty or no?), Timmy Jernigan likely missing the game, that Flacco hasn't been throwing the ball deep (lowest % of deep balls in his career; deliberately, as designed by Gary Kubiak), and a plethora of other factors that will go a long way in determining the outcome of this game.

Again, I'll say this guy knows the X and O part of the game, but those symbols have names, specific abilities, strengths and weaknesses, especially when analyzed in the context of the opponent and specific circumstances, and I didn't see or hear much of that level of analysis.

You will not get flamed if you don't attack another person. thesteelerdealer did not offer anything in his first post (I have since deleted it because he edited to make it even worse) in the way of counter points or analysis. You on the other hand have offered your counter points and you are free to make them.

I like Em, but as you mentioned, I highly doubt Archer gets used that way, or at least I hope he sees very little of the field.

Mojouw
01-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Haley and Co devise a good game plan to cover for Bell's absence or (at best) limited participation, the Steelers could/should win. They revert back to some sort of chuck and duck gameplan that doesn't even attempt to force the Ravens to respect/play the run, it may get ugly.

Also, I like the EM's idea of getting Archer on the field in different situations. Nothing else, use him as a little tiny fast decoy. Make the defense try and figure out what the hell he is on the field to do. A defender that is thinking is a slow defender.

one side only
01-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Haley and Co devise a good game plan to cover for Bell's absence or (at best) limited participation, the Steelers could/should win. They revert back to some sort of chuck and duck gameplan that doesn't even attempt to force the Ravens to respect/play the run, it may get ugly.

Also, I like the EM's idea of getting Archer on the field in different situations. Nothing else, use him as a little tiny fast decoy. Make the defense try and figure out what the hell he is on the field to do. A defender that is thinking is a slow defender.

The video illustration of how Archer would be utilized is an example of "chuck and duck." No relevance at all to reality, in terms of history or precedent, nor in terms of probability.

They can run the Georgia Counter with Harris, or Archer for that matter, if it is blocked properly. The idea that they would design something special for Archer at this point is preposterous. We may see some form of trickeration, like a reverse or flea-flicker (I know for a fact they had a kickoff return reverse worked up with Blount and Archer, but they never got to use it). If they would take a Bryant or Wheaton (or heaven forbid Brown) off the field so they could throw a behind the LOS pass to Archer, I hope you're not sitting in front of me, because I will upchuck my Primanti's #2 best seller quickly and violently.

steelpride12
01-02-2015, 11:34 AM
In the end, we have to run the ball. Whether it's Archer, Harris, or Tate. If we rely solely on Bens are and forcing 40+ passes, it could get ugly quick. I understand running against the Ravens front 4 will be difficult for any running back I still feel the need to force the ball down their throats and just get positive yards.

The O Line has been a huge improvement since previous years, but they will have their hands full. Spaeth will be a huge key factor as well tomorrow because we lose a huge blocking factor in Bell without him if he doesn't play.

thesteelerdealer
01-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Something to chew on.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/546031715156639744/bbR3aCfY_normal.jpegMark Kaboly @MarkKaboly_Trib (https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib) · 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib/status/551126567674724352)

In 10 playoff games at Heinz Field, there has been either defensive touchdown or a special teams touchdown in every one. Twice there were 2

Count Steeler
01-02-2015, 04:15 PM
From Todd Haley:

“I think he is developing no different than any other young guy that has come into the mix this year,” Haley told reporters Thursday, according to the club. “His has been a lack of opportunity as much as anything else.“When you are out here on a daily basis and you see him working, you know he has good weeks on top of good weeks. There just haven’t been a lot of opportunities in game situations. And when he has, things haven’t gone maybe exactly the way that we had planned, so maybe a little snake bit at the same time.
“He is a smart guy that is working hard, and he understands the process. He has been biding his time. I am sure if he gets more opportunities he will be looking forward to taking advantage of them.”

We may see more of Archer than we realized. full story @http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/02/todd-haley-dri-archer-has-been-biding-his-time/